• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

samal bits for yurop

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy buttocks on a train

quite possibly the greatest username
not et@~he new next weks nooz. jsut sometin taht acscro smy dsk, thx anonmyus gaffriedn!

xb1vux7q.jpg

xb2evltq.jpg

xb3uxuv0.jpg

cunext weeks!

This looks good I think but some stuff is a little unclear.

I live in UAE. UAE is not a supported launch country. So what it's saying is if I get one, I have to choose something like Australia at first. I can then play games but will I be able to connect to live?

I understand I can migrate to UAE once it's available but how do I go online and buy a game like killer instinct in the meantime?

Artorias

Banned
Holy shit, so truly region free and you can definitely import one and not only use it for the time being, but switch your own profile to the correct country when it launches there.

Serious megaton, this is really great for the countries excluded from launch and for importing games!

Paskil

Oh shit, so I should get an XB1 and sell it for a tidy profit to one of you savages in one of the lower class, 2nd/3rd tier countries?

#inbuttockswetrust

jbug617

Banned
Albert Penello is the other thread said that DLC is also region free. You can also use the new points card instead of CC.

V_Ben

Banned
Huh, interesting. So if you buy the console, your country won't be listed if you're not part of the launch. So... no localised marketplaces until the official launches in each region then? Makes sense!

Sounds like those not in the launch regions can import and do everything they just can't sign up for live? Even if you can't sign up you can sign into your live account and it works fine.

Did I read that right?

Artorias

Banned
The only issue I see is billing address has to match the set locale to be able to purchase content. That's a bit depressing, but hopefully XBLA credit can get through?

PaulLFC

This looks good I think but some stuff is a little unclear.

I live in UAE. UAE is not a supported launch country. So what it's saying is if I get one, I have to choose something like Australia at first. I can then play games but will I be able to connect to live?

I understand I can migrate to UAE once it's available but how do I go online and buy a game like killer instinct in the meantime?
From what I understand - find a supported country that sells prepaid cards (I assume they will be doing this, seemed to be implied by Albert in the 'MS explains' thread) - set your locale to this country then use the prepaid cards to buy whatever you want.

E.g. set locale to UK, buy UK prepaid XBL currency cards, use those to buy content.

Huh, so Xbox Live isn't region locked either?
Seems like you can legitimately import an Xbox One and get the full experience.

Foshy

Amazing how easy it is to change your region when moving from one country to another. Really hope that PS4 will work like this too in that regard.

Holy shit, so truly region free and you can definitely import one and not only use it for the time being, but switch your own profile to the correct country when it launches there.

Serious megaton, this is really great for the countries excluded from launch and for importing games!
Ah that's good to hear. cunext weeks CBOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom