• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung 32:9 HDR 49inch Ultrawide PC Monitor Display

AU Tiger

2 x the price of the higher (vertical) resolution Dell U3417W FR3PK though. This samsung, I just can't see a way to justify it for productivity vs the Dell or any other decent ultrawide 1440p screen.

And for gaming, I'd probably rather just have one of the new 1440p G-sync ultrawides

Still really cool that this huge thing exists.

crabman

I want CHG70 27 but not curved model.

e6mKbZb.jpg

xUL3IeH.jpg

knitoe

81 PPI.

Hope, you enjoy seeing individual pixels, blurry text and etc. up close. As for me, fuck no. I need at least 150 PPI. 200 PPI, nice. 250 PPI, amazing.

Nzyme32

I feel like this crosses a threshold into too wide.

How - it solves a very simple issue of two 16:9 displays in one display without bezels - absolutely ideal for all manner of video editing, work flow stuff and even for some gamers / enthusiasts that can find ample use for it.

As with anything like it, it will be super expensive unless / until it scales to an audience to drive cost down / also get over the usual enthusiast group profit (much like 21:9 back in the day). Of course this is by no means going to have popularity akin to 21:9, but it has definite usability and value.

dzelly

Looks like the new(ish) WWE Raw tron

I thought the same thing!

I'd have to get a new desk to accommodate that beast. 21:9 is really nice, I've been playing that way for over a year. Still disappointed by the official support of the resolution.

Does Flawless Widescreen support 32:9? It's a must have for UW gaming.

x3sphere

Looks cool although I still would rather get one of the 38" ultrawides for the higher vertical res (3840x1600). Same price as this too although no HDR on those unfortunately

So for PC only? I thought it was general purpose and could be used with consoles. Nice it has FreeSync though. No infos about the amount of nits?

LCGeek

formerly sane
I thought the same thing!

I'd have to get a new desk to accommodate that beast. 21:9 is really nice, I've been playing that way for over a year. Still disappointed by the official support of the resolution.

Does Flawless Widescreen support 32:9? It's a must have for UW gaming.

As long as the title doesn't lock your aspect ratio and it's custom resolution or natural to windows/monitor it should be recognized by most games. So basically whatever 21:9 gets should be the same here.

Damn. It's getting real. I'm really glad I've got in on that Samsung TV deal we had going on. I knew I needed something to hold me over until we really reached this next step.

I'll wait a little longer to see if LG offers an OLED TV that's 120hz+ and free sync. Then... well I'll pay a high price. Possessions will be sold to fund such a device.

PFD

PCMonitors.info says it's expected to release on June 30th, that's very early for a FreeSync 2.0 monitor. I thought FreeSync 2.0 wasn't coming out until 2018!

Looks cool although I still would rather get one of the 38" ultrawides for the higher vertical res (3840x1600). Same price as this too although no HDR on those unfortunately

This one only has faux-HDR. No local dimming, only 600nits brightness, and doesn't meet the color standard for HDR

Orgun

As someone who has already made the jump to 21:9 1440p i'll be ready to make the jump to 32:9 1440p when it comes.

Could never go back to 16:9

Top Bottom