• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Shodown DLC characters Sogetsu Kazama and Iroha announced

Naked Lunch

Ive yet to see this game go on sale digitally on any platform. Im holding off till then but all these updates make it more difficult. Mina is an incredible character from V.

kunonabi

Sogetsu is looking good but that lack of a date is highly concerning. I really dont want to wait three+ months for him.

The Iroha salt is glorious.

Ive yet to see this game go on sale digitally on any platform. Im holding off till then but all these updates make it more difficult. Mina is an incredible character from V.

I coulda swore I saw it like 20% off fairly recently on psn or steam. They released the season pass for free on psn right before release and I snagged it, but I'm waiting for 50% off the base game.

Uh, is Iroha gameplay intentionally cut from the trailer?
Clearly she was the last one to be made and as such she isn't ready yet. Makes sense as they are releasing the DLC in succession, so the team has no reason to finish animating her at this point.

TacosNSalsa

I coulda swore I saw it like 20% off fairly recently on psn or steam. They released the season pass for free on psn right before release and I snagged it, but I'm waiting for 50% off the base game.
Certainly on PSN because it's not out on Steam yet. Probably during the Christmas sale

Pejo

Who's picking this up on their Stadias? Guys....? Anyone....?

I'm still mad they chose this, a fighting game, to pursue for exclusive. I could be playing this on Steam right now.

Fuz

Banned

I'm still mad they chose this, a fighting game, to pursue for exclusive. I could be playing this on Steam right now.
Wait.
Isn't it supposed to come out for PC too?

This is one of those games, where I wish they'd do a free-demo weekend, at least with the core roster, to help decide on whether I want to plunk down the cash on it.

Uh, is Iroha gameplay intentionally cut from the trailer?
The OP trailer is the same as was shown, yesterday, after the game's final at EVO Japan; although, it also bore the "Shodown" title, as opposed to "Spirits," and is currently the only trailer available. There's certainly some general precedence that a Japanese-region trailer could feature more Iroha, but SNK may just not have been ready to show her in action. We'll have to wait and see...

Isn't it supposed to come out for PC too?
SNK did initially state a PC version would come in Winter 2019, but haven't mentioned it since.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Considering Sogetsu doesn't even have a release month I imagine Iroha is too rough to show off. They may also want to save her toned down SSM for a less high profile moment. Square pussy footed around quite a bit before showing off the shitty new Tifa design so it might be a similar situation.

Isa

Finally thank god. Been waiting on Iroha since forever. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

Fuz

Banned
Unpopular opinion: Iroha is a shitty character completely out of context in SS. She's only there for fanservice because pervs buy the game.

Apparently Iroha used to take her clothes off in the old SS game she was in... only in silhouette form though.

giphy.gif

It'd be nice to see something similar in this modern Samurai Shodown.

After being lukewarm about the first season pass, I'm very glad to see that SNK is pulling the big guns (literally) with Season 2. I loved playing with Sougetsu back in the day and I've always wanted the chance to play Iroha in a more traditional SamSho, then Mina looks really cool and I'm down for this pass. Really, SNK is setting the gold standard on how fighting games should be handled.

G27klDB.jpg

Last edited:

*Sees Stadia icon but no Steam*

Is this why they turned down Epic exclusivity offer because Google gave them a better offer? Well fuck them then, guess I can't buy this on PC, because they rather put it on a dying platform nobody cares about. 🤷‍♂️

Frame by Frame analysis of the trailer

The things that caught my eye were two:

Chample has a cartoony X made of band-aids in his forehead now

Iroha's Super Special Move seems to be a grab, that if you remember, is how her infamous Super move in VI started.

At 00:16:12 KK (SNK's community manager for the English-speaking community) says he was 100% responsible of getting Iroha in the game, Oda didn't want to, but KK convinced him it was what the community wanted.

Top Bottom