• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SanDisk annouced the biggest MicroSD card, a 400GB

i'd be interested to find where i can insert a HDD into a smart phone (yes not everyone lives in america and has unlimited data to listen to low quality and poor artist paying support streaming services) or in a digital camera

And the amount of people on this site that want that kind of storage on a phone or camera is probably a lot smaller than the number of switch owners here

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Will be copping one of these day one. Will be great for expanded storage for my laptop.

Dumb question time: Do any of the Nintendo 3DS models accept MicroSD cards? If so can you play games off them?

SJRB

Gold Member
Absolutely amazing.

I mean, seriously, 400GB on such a small card, holy shit. This is a technical marvel.

Will be copping one of these day one. Will be great for expanded storage for my laptop.

Dumb question time: Do any of the Nintendo 3DS models accept MicroSD cards? If so can you play games off them?

Little Mons†er;247517396 said:
Only the New 3DS And 2DS alone accept MicroSD

Not entirely correct. You can use a cheap adapter that tends to be shipped with microSDs. Works well on my O3DS (in expectation of buying an NN3DS later).

linkboy

You can always use an adapter (which this card will come with), so yes, any 3DS model can use a MicroSD card

gweemz

Little Mons†er;247517396 said:
Only the New 3DS And 2DS alone accept MicroSD

I thought all 3ds revisions except for the original 3ds used microsd. I have a 3ds xl (not new 3dsxl) and that takes microsd.

I wonder how much this would be if Sony was making it. Maybe they'd just add an extra zero to the price to make it easy.
MRlhdR6_d.jpg

I wouldn't take a chance with a large micro sd card like this again. I've had two large scandisk micro sd cards I ordered from Amazon fail on me. Never again.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Thanks for the info guys that's great news :)

Dremorak

Banned
400gb at this time seems like overkill for switch tbh. I've got a 128gb card and on it I have:

- Snake Pass
- Shovel knight
- Snipperclips
- Minecraft
- Thumper
- Blaster master
- Sonic Mania
- 2 neo geo games
+ 8 demos

and its only used about 10gb of it. That having been said, I dont have any retail ones yet.

-shadow-

I know someone who's all digital and his 128GB is filling up pretty fast with Zelda, Mario Kart, Bomberman and what not. But yeah, unless you do that, 400GB (for now) is indeed overkill.

knkng

I thought all 3ds revisions except for the original 3ds used microsd. I have a 3ds xl (not new 3dsxl) and that takes microsd.

Are you talking about with an adapter? Because if not, then you might be a little mixed up.

3DSXL takes standard SD cards through a covered slot on the side of the device. New 3DSXL only accepts MicroSD by removing the back plate of the console.

Why 400? Why not 500? Strange. I think I'll wait for the price to go down a bit first. Its a good deal on its own but $250 for going digital is expensive.

Anyway its crazy that a 2GB micro SD was $100 ten years ago!

400gb at this time seems like overkill for switch tbh. I've got a 128gb card and on it I have:

- Snake Pass
- Shovel knight
- Snipperclips
- Minecraft
- Thumper
- Blaster master
- Sonic Mania
- 2 neo geo games
+ 8 demos

and its only used about 10gb of it. That having been said, I dont have any retail ones yet.

Wait till you have Xenoblade, Mario, and NMH on it.

Brilliant leap in the tech! Astonishing to think we're getting so much storage in such tiny form factors these days.

Really though, I'm mostly pleased it should drive the prices of the current 200gb+ models down, since that's what I'll likely be getting when I make the jump to Switch next year, as I intend to mostly stick to the far cheaper retail releases wherever possible.

Meanwhile...
vita_chains.jpg

Currently have a 200GB SD Card in my Vita. Thanks to the Henkaku hack and the brilliant SD Card adapter that plugs into the game card slot.

Brilliant for turning the Vita into a multi purpose device. I've got emulators for NES, SNES, MegaDrive, Gameboy Advanced and Mame arcade games on it, plus PS1, PSP and Vita games.

Leynos

What's happening (or what's new) with Vita homebrew?
I haven't used mine in more than a year. Maybe two.

I, too, would like to know. I just filled up my 64GB memory card, and would love to be able to use a larger card.

Edit:
for-psvita-game-card-to-micro-sd-tf-card.jpg

Homebrew vita's can use a MicroSD card in place of a Vita Cart to replace the internal memory or memory card.

I will have to look into this.

Edit 2: Oh, well, my Vita has the latest firmware which means no homebrew for me.

Top Bottom