• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live reaches highest ratings in over 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

What were the ratings for the SNL episode Trump hosted? If he's getting out rated by Melissa McCarthy in drag, you know that shit is eating his soul

jb1234

They brought him on to host despite the fact that he was already spewing hateful rhetoric by that time.

I think the comfort lies in that the episode was one of their worst. Trump has absolutely no skill in sketch comedy.

(Unless you count his unintentional talent in making people laugh so hard in disbelief that they start crying too.)

Dimmle

Norm Macdonald was being petty about this last night. Said SNL was making money off a guy whose hands they would not even shake at the end of the show Trump hosted

It fucking kills me that Norm MacDonald is a fucking apologists for someone he claims isn't a dark president.
w w w wait

...Norm...? ):

RinsFury

Norm Macdonald was being petty about this last night. Said SNL was making money off a guy whose hands they would not even shake at the end of the show Trump hosted

It fucking kills me that Norm MacDonald is a fucking apologists for someone he claims isn't a dark president.

Norm is trash. Fuck that guy.

Loxley

Ol' Potato Head will either:

Make a tweet congratulating himself on giving SNL it's highest ratings in two decades.

or

Make a tweet shitting on SNL that they need him to be relevant. Sad!

Probably both.

jtb

Banned
Lorne Michaels produces Fallon's show too, let's not forget

You don't have to be singlehandedly responsible for Donald Trump becoming presidency to still have done a bad thing.

Nothing they do will ever reverse their efforts to normalize Donald Trump last year.

Tell me how well that "normalization" has worked for Trump's image?

lol

Come on dude. He was on Fallon getting his head rubbed too.

You think that swayed voters?

Give me a break. The people who voted for Trump already had their minds made up. The fence-sitters voted for him in the final weekend before Election Day when Comey pulled his last-minute e-mail shit.

Nobody can normalize Donald Trump. He's been a fucking wack-job his whole life.

OnPoint

SNL always goes in waves. They were at a lull, now they're at a surge. I appreciate the give and take this show has had over the years.

lol

Give me a break. The people who voted for Trump already had their minds made up. The fence-sitters voted for him in the final weekend before Election Day when Comey pulled his last-minute e-mail shit.

Even if he didn't host, he still would have won. It's a poor complaint.

Hazmat

You can't count viewers who are illegal immigrants or viewers who might have watched it twice in two different states.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Norm is an idiot, simple as that.

How dare someone not want to shake hands with a racist and a fascist. How dare they.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

lol

Seriously. Hate to bring Clinton up but the emails, the reopening of the email investigation, and everything else.

I honestly forgot he hosted SNL, and the Fallon thing too. Clinton was on all the talk shows as well. This isn't because of South Park, SNL, or even Fallon. They didn't sway the third party voters.

pashmilla

Banned
As I was reading this, I was picturing Trump's angry reaction, but I could only see Alec Baldwin's face in my mind. I keep forgetting his Trump isn't actually Trump.

Yeah, the material is basically being handed to them on diamond-encrusted platters, but they are also nailing the vaudevillian antics. It's been a solid month of hilarious work so far.

taybul

That Spicer skit was one of the funniest for me in a while. Keep em coming! Bring on Rosie!

I started watching SNL again regularly simply for the political satire.

Gilbals

Banned
FAKE SHOWS, just really, the worst. show. intheworld. I can't believe that people even believe this show exists because it. simply. doesn't. Okay? Worst show. Fake show. Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom