• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Savage to Hogan: 'In a ring, not backstage'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood

Banned
1Wrestling.com's Bob Ryder, who's affiliated with NWA-TNA, posted a note on his website that confirms Randy Savage for Tuesday's TNA Impact taping.

Savage told the website, "I'll be at IMPACT this week. I'll be there to take care of some business with Jeff Jarrett and am also issuing an invitation to Hulk Hogan to show up on Tuesday so we can settle our differences in the right forum - inside a wrestling ring, not in a dressing room."

Thus, it seems Savage is once again issuing a challenge to wrestle Hulk Hogan.

It should be noted that when I interviewed Randy Savage last year, he told me that he'd be willing to take Hogan on in a parking lot if it meant they could make the match happen. It seems he's now made his demands a little more specific.

LOL so he wants to settle his diferences in a worked match, not in a real fight? What kind of sense does this make?

tt_deeb

I'm not sure what Hogan's been up to as far as wrestling is concerned but wasn't his last match something like his opponent just laid down and waited for the cover. And then Hogan said something like, "This is why the industry is going down."

I think it was because he asked to win the match or whatever. I haven't really followed wrestling much for awhile.

Shinobi

One of the issues Savage is said to have with Hogan is that he was never put over once in all their matches together. Which is pretty sad on Hogan's part...if you're gonna wrestle a guy 900 times, at least put him over once.

Ripclawe

Banned
TNA should be interesting in a car crash sort of way over the next couple of weeks

Jeff and Jerry Jarrett in power struggle
Panda after sinking 15 million into the company wants results
HOgan may be brought in to buy the company
DUSTY RHODES! and Terry taylor might come in as bookers

bjork

According to Hulk, Savage blames him for all his failed relationships and stuff.

Honestly though, I think it's ego envy.

Triumph

Banned
I had been digging on TNA for quite awhile, but now I must admit that I'm growing kind of bored with it. I think it's a combination of not having a 2 hour weekly show any more and them moving towards some weird latter day WCW vibe with all the retreads coming in(Hall, Nash, Savage, DDP, etc). I was hoping they'd keep pushing new talent, but I'm afraid we're gonna end up with Clique version 3.0 or some shit.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
TNA blows. Just buy some Ring of Honor shows...they have all TNA's positives and none of their negatives.

Bog

Junior Ace
Minotauro said:
TNA blows. Just buy some Ring of Honor shows...they have all TNA's positives and none of their negatives.

You troll every TNA thread with this shit and guess what... we still ain't buying the tapes.

Minotauro

Bog said:
You troll every TNA thread with this shit and guess what... we still ain't buying the tapes.

I'm not trolling. I openly come out and say TNA sucks.

Hey, it's your loss anyway. If you want to continue to support Jeff Jarrett's ego stroking (ha, get it?) in light of a ten times superior promotion, it's your perogative. I just like to let people know what's out there.

Grifter

Minotauro said:
I'm not trolling. I openly come out and say TNA sucks.

So what's trolling, passive-aggressively implying that TNA sucks?

Anyway, ROH IS much better but they cater to a limited audience. I can troll ROH too and say to order NOAH.

Minotauro

Grifter said:
So what's trolling, passive-aggressively implying that TNA sucks?

A "troll" is a very specific thing. It involves subtlety and making statements designed to provoke. I'm simply stating my opinion and trying to spread the good word. My intention is not to draw TNA fans into an argument.

EDIT: Here's a website with further information on trolling. There seems to be a real confusion over what exactly a troll is on this board.

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

Anyway, ROH IS much better but they cater to a limited audience. I can troll ROH too and say to order NOAH.

You have a point here. Still, it's a little more difficult to keep up with the whole puroresu scene. Plus, wrestling fans on this forum might be more inclined to check out an American indy before they would go to the trouble of learning about the various Japanese organizations.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I agree ROH kicks ass. I was at the 10/16 show to see Punk/Joe 2. I'm hoping Low Ki can mak it to Chicago next time though.

Part of the problem was Savage actually trying to do somethng for charity and Hogan repeatedly saying no.

The whole thing came about when Savage issued a challenge to Hogan on the Bubba the Love Sponge Show. Bubba is a close friend of Hogans so this seemed like the perfect venue to issue said challenge.

They'd do a big wrestling event with all the proceeds going to a childrens hospital in Florida and Hogan said no. Probably due to their not being a big six figure pay off in his favor,

AssMan

Banned
I'm not sure what Hogan's been up to as far as wrestling

Hulk Hogan was at my gym this past Saturday, Gold's Gym. He looks in good shape, and doesn't look like he's aged that much, but he was limping around the gym.

I met hogan not too long ago as well. Seemed nice enough and HUGE, I'm 6-8, 300lbs and I felt small.

Like you had said, he's still in great shape (for a 51 year old man), but he is having problems walking around. His knees are REALLY bad from all the years of abuse.

evil ways

AssMan said:
Hulk Hogan was at my gym this past Saturday, Gold's Gym. He looks in good shape, and doesn't look like he's aged that much, but he was limping around the gym.

That's probably cause he had a new hip installed a few months ago and recently had knee surgery. It's also his body's way of saying "Retire already you old fuck!!".

As for him looking old, I saw him in person a few years ago when I was in Tampa with some relatives, and I think it's the disgusting orange skin tan he uses cause he was pretty light skinned and didn't look as wrinkly or prune like as he does when he's wrestling.

TNA is like an old WCW, where they had a strong low and mid card with the high flyers, but the rest of the roster was plagued with people like Hall, Nash, Konnan, Dusty, Piper, Savage and Jarrett hogging the spotlight.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I met hogan not too long ago as well. Seemed nice enough and HUGE, I'm 6-8, 300lbs and I felt small.

That would make you an inch taller and about 25lbs heavier than Hogan was in WWE his last go-round.

As for TNA....Its hard to watch people like Styles, Daniels, Sabin, and Shelley in TNA after seeing them wrestle in ROH (or another indy for that matter ) cuz they really dumb down their style. Now I know how all those ECW fans felt about the WWF ruining people like Taz and 2 Cold Scorpio.

Brian yes I was taller, but when he shook my hand my ape like hand was almost eclipsed. I've never had that feeling before. The guy is just larger than life. Oh and his daughter is smoking hot! :D

I may be a bit heavier that Hogan is as well, lets just say I have a bit higher body fat ratio than he does. I'm out of shape, i got married and stopped hitting the gym as much. My shape suffered mostly due to my poor, white collar, mostly fast food for lunch diet. Sp still doing the same routine isn't cutting it due to Quizno's tasty subs.

All thing said, he's still a huge guy for his age. I don't get starstruck, but this is about as close as I got to being so.

The hit list of the past couple months:
Hulk Hogan
Bret Hart
Jimmy Snuka (seemed stoned out of his head)
Mick Foley

And within 3 weeks:
Lex Luger
Vader
Rick Steiner
Buff Bagwel (yuck)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yes he is huge. I could fit in the palm of his hand I think. :D

I could have met Steamboat and Foley in Chicago but after a 1 hour match my brother was quite ready to leave.

Shinobi

Outcast2004 said:
The hit list of the past couple months:
Hulk Hogan
Bret Hart
Jimmy Snuka (seemed stoned out of his head)
Mick Foley

And within 3 weeks:
Lex Luger
Vader
Rick Steiner
Buff Bagwel (yuck)

BRET!!!

Minotauro

Shinobi said:

bretgenie1.jpg

"You rang?"