• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save Net Neutrality, July 12th, 2017

Did what I could do for now! shared on social media ect. and called my representatives. Of course some of my friends seemed to just brush any mention of this stuff off :/

Planning on drafting a nice e-mail to send to the FCC. Also going to try to explain it to my parents. Gotta be real careful not to mention politics or they'll stop listening and just spew Republican propaganda.

Planning on drafting a nice e-mail to send to the FCC. Also going to try to explain it to my parents. Gotta be real careful not to mention politics or they'll stop listening and just spew Republican propaganda.

i went to a predominately republican-teacher high school and the moment net neutrality became partisan was when Cruz said it was "Obamacare for the internet". Teachers were saying how they were anti net neutrality and that we need to wait for the facts.

9R5cxVO.png
no-2.gif

I can't go back to those dark ages. Not again.

The memories...
200_s.gif

Lot of alt-right trolls attacking the #NetNeutrality tag right now on Twitter, including a 2018 congressional candidate.

Anyone want to join me in fighting back?

I hate my senators. Christ, they're such fuckups.

This is the response I got:
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about internet regulation. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

According to industry metrics, private investment in the internet has exceeded $1.5 trillion dollars since 1996, leading to the creation of millions of jobs, economic prosperity, and a society where the accessibility of information is at a level unimaginable merely two or three decades ago.

In 2015, the Federal Communications Commission voted in secret to reclassify broadband internet access services as “telecommunication services” under Title II of the Communications Act of 1934. This allowed the government to regulate the internet under the same rules designed for telephone companies in the 1930s, hampering innovation and growth in that industry for more than fifty years.

The FCC’s 2015 edict requires Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to treat all data traveling over their networks equally, rather than allowing ISPs to customize service offerings with their users and compete for more customers on the basis of quality and price, even if those service offerings include treating some data differently. This essentially imposes a one-size-fits-all business model on the internet and represents an unprecedented government power grab to control and regulate the internet.

I support Chairman Pai’s desire to overturn the FCC’s 2015 mandates, which clearly run contrary to Congressional intent, to better allow Congress to dictate appropriate oversight of the internet through new, thoughtful legislative initiatives. In fact, I cosponsored S. 993, the Restoring Internet Freedom Act, which would scrap the FCC’s ill-founded interpretation and net neutrality mandates.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me again about other issues that are important to you.

This is the same bozo who responded to my concern about Trump pulling out of the Paris agreement with "Obama got us into this without Congress supporting him and Trump will renegotiate better terms for us" as a response.

ffs please vote in 2018 to get these shit-stains out of office before they completely fuck up every single thing we hold dear in the world

I sent my letter but honestly I think we lost this battle the day trump was elected. They are not gonna listen and just do whatever they please.

Top Bottom