• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save Sony!

evilromero said:
Guys, the Sony execs came into this thread and got a lot of great ideas. They are saved! Thanks NeoGaf.

I think if Sony had spent less time believing their fans postings on forums they might have done a lot better this gen.

How many times on Gaf were we told the $599 price tag was going to be ok? How many times were we told that blu ray was really desired? How many times were we told game x was going to sell gangbusters and be a system seller?

Even now there are people fanatically defending Home which may encourage Sony to pour more resources into it, I just wonder if these people have called out Sony a bit more rather than just finding excuses for them they might be doing a bit better.

Concept17

Hmm... seeing as how I already own one...no need for a price drop.

Soo.... just keep making more kick ass first party games and I'm good.

Vinci

Danish
M°°nblade said:
Their way of attracting more gamers was acceptable for the core audience, Sony didn't introduce a degradation in terms of hardware and software quality.

Why, because their version included lots of people being shot? The exact same bullshit arguments being levied against the Wii ruining hardcore gaming were used against Sony when they first rose to prominence. The exact same ones. The difference is, Nintendo took Sony's market expansion tactics - that's 'expansion,' not 'degradation' - and expanded upon those.

It wasn't acceptable at first for the 'core audience' at all. People whined and complained, even ranted, about Sony displacing Nintendo and Sega back in the day - just as PC gamers did when the console grew in popularity. Do you honestly think any of these arguments to discredit the Wii's success are new or unique? They're not. At all. They're tired and antiquated, and people keep spouting them off as if they've had some divine revelation about the future of the industry when they're simply playing its version of 'Wii Music' - same old song, slightly different rhythm.

Top Bottom