• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saxophone players? ...I Need good sheet music

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD-Ness

I've been casually playing saxophone for about eight years now. However, I've only been in the concert and pep bands, having never travelled to the land of jazz. My interest has drastically shot up and I'm looking for some good jazz sheet music to buy. Yes, I know, it's not hard to find sheet music online. I've already found a lot, but all of the books that I've found are for beginner or intermediate level. I want some harder stuff...anyone know some?

Tarazet

Zero said:
I've been casually playing saxophone for about eight years now. However, I've only been in the concert and pep bands, having never travelled to the land of jazz. My interest has drastically shot up and I'm looking for some good jazz sheet music to buy. Yes, I know, it's not hard to find sheet music online. I've already found a lot, but all of the books that I've found are for beginner or intermediate level. I want some harder stuff...anyone know some?

Check this place out:

http://muslib.mmv.ru/index_eng.html

Other than that, I can't help you much unless you're interested in classical (in which case I'd recommend the Glazunov Concerto).

Tarazet

If you have a pianist or an orchestra handy, I'd recommend it, but concertos aren't much fun if you have to play them by yourself.

Iceman

vandellas-orig.jpg

All we need is music.. sheet music...
And there'll be music everywhere
There'll be laughing, singing and music swinging
And dancing in the street
It doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
C'mon every guy, grab a girl
Everywhere around the world
And there'll be dancing
Dancing in the street.