• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound announced for XboxOne (Kamiya, UE4, Platinum/Microsoft) [Port Beg = Ban]

Soriku

First screens :p

Rathalos.jpg

dragon_s_dogma_02_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Tsunamo

For a second there I thought it was reboot Devil May Cry 2 lol

Regardless looking forward to it, glad they showed off what Platinum was working on earlier than expected.

TDLink

Well, nothing in the conference interested me except this game. So, I will have to eventually get a XBONE because I can't not get a new Kamiya game.

I love P* but this game's concept isn't much to my liking. Reminds me too much of Monster Hunter, and the character/world/monster designs all look really bland. As usual, all is forgiven if the gameplay holds up, though.

Hiltz

The game obviously looks like it could be fun given how well Platinum's action games are. However ,without gameplay footage, I wasn't blown away by it. Still, the idea of battle giant monsters is cool just as iti is in games like Monster Hunter. Although, Platinum's take will likely be more fast-paced and over the top.

Lernaean

Banned
Looks better than DmC's Donte.

Came here to say this.

Ok, X1 bought, you win MS.

I still have no idea how this will play tbh, i imagine you'd be able to take control of various monsters to beat others? Like another way of weapon swapping having monster power swapping this time?

Time will tell i guess.

Hiltz

The game obviously looks like it could be fun given how well Platinum's action games are. However ,without gameplay footage, I wasn't blown away by it. Still, the idea of battle giant monsters is cool just as iti is in games like Monster Hunter. Although, Platinum's take will likely be more fast-paced and over the top.

eXistor

Hate the look of the main character, seems like a blander Dante. That said, veru interested to see gameplay, Platinum can do no wrong.

imae

Will be keeping a very close eye on this one.

It's just a pre-rendered trailer that they showed so I wouldn't take too much from it, it's still a long way off.

Palocca

not sold on it yet. sounds promising, but it looks like it's going to be a monster hunter-type game - which i'm not really interested in.

gngf123

No gameplay, not yet interested.

Dude looks like new Dante with with Beats Headphones. That puts me off. Dragons are cool though.

wsippel

Banned
Certainly looked interesting (character design aside), but not really like a Kamiya game. Is he actually designing and directing? Or was he just announcing the game because he's the most famous dude at Platinum?

Majukun

I totally trust platinum games and kamiya...but i can't say the teaser sold me on the game..don't like the chara design (looks like DmC dante) and It left me more confused than ever.

that being said,I'm all for new info on the project..even though with all those exclusives,i will probably miss some platinum games this gen..but i'm glad they still get plenty of work to do.

RangerBAD

Kamiya is one of the few developers to get the benefit of the doubt for me. The man has never made a game I didn't adore.

Is it confirmed he's working on it? It just seemed like they put a known face on stage. And, boy, did Kamiya not look happy to be there.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Devil May Cry X Monster Hunter? Fuck the CG trailer but I'm still down for whatever Kamiya is doing.

Wow. No gameplay yet but still the idea is very cool. And it's Platinum.

I really hope Microsoft markets this game a lot and will make the game a bi success.

what is this guy's issue?
Developing a game I want for a console that I don't want.It's the only game that xbone has for me.
I hope you're not serious.

If it weren't for TW101 I'd agree. That game is straight booty.
The game rocks.

mrmickfran

Watch the PS4 get an exclusive Platinum game from Kamiya, then we'll have to buy all 3 consoles for Platinum goodness.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Terrible trailer but it's a Kamiya action game, so it's going to be great.

sn00zer

I was underwhelmed and I was pretty excited to see the game....looks pretty art design wise...looked similar to Lost Planet or Dragons Dogma...or a bunch of other games...which is surprising as their art is usually off the wall

Regiruler

Eh. The most interesting thing in the conference was SO. This looks somewhat boring.

That said, P-100 wasn't exactly the most anticipated title when it was first shown at E3 2012.

Watch Kamiya announce another exclusive for PS4 too lol

Buy every console for Platinum Games' games.

Maybe an exclusive for 3DS, VIta and IOS too.

sublimit

Banned
This could be something that interests me but i don't give a shit about CG videos. Also the main character looks like some very poor imitation of Dante.

I was expecting much more from Kamiya.

before the MS show, the only games for X1 i was interested in were sunset overdrive and possibly the Halo games. adding in scalebound i just may have to get one near october.

i love platinum games

Top Bottom