• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound cancelled [Platinum Games and Kamiya have commented]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheHateMe

Well, there goes one of the reasons why I initially got an Xbox One.

Luckily, the 360 BC has cemented the One's place in my home.

Damn. Scalebound was very interesting.

OldRoutes

26k9Td7.gif

Man that's pretty crazy. Its been in development for quite a while at this point so in order to cancel it, it must have been pretty disastrous in development.

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, that E3 showing was really bad. Very disappointed if this turns out to be true, but I won't be that surprised if it was.

Maybe they can salvage some of it and turn it into a more traditional character action game? I don't know, it's a poor situation, really.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sad thing is that wouldnt surprise..didnt seem like they would make any money on that game.

Well, I won't put the blame on Microsoft if true. The game just really hasn't looked as good as it sounded in concept. Hoping for some type of turnaround, or that this story isn't true.

I thought it might be cancelled tbh

Just... didn't seem to be shaping up well and MS barely seems to care about Xbox software anymore

Thats a real bummer for the people involved, gotta suck spending so much time on it and not being able to release :( Hope they are able to salvage something and get something out somehow.

Mathieran

Banned
Damn. I don't have an Xbox but I was hoping to play on PC some day. Probably hard for Platinum too. It must suck to put all that time into something and then have to scrap it.

Boke1879

Just gonna be straight up. It never looked like anything more than a budget title. But I wonder what's troubling development.

Sephzilla

I honestly don't understand how people keep posting on the wrong sides of the forum.

On topic - I'm not entirely surprised by this. We haven't seen much from the game in a while and honestly I kind of thought it seemed too ambitious for Platinum

Skii

Lol Microsoft are an embarrassment. The one game I was looking forward to and they're going to cancel it. What a tragic company.

Ydelnae

Expecting a re-reveal at E3 that ends with the logo morphing into Devil May Cry 5 and the game going multiplatform.

And next year Kamiya steps off the project and the game gets directed by Hajime Tabata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom