• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scavengers Reign | HBO Max | Trailer

GreenAlien

So.. this looks pretty nice.. Scifi, no teen protagonists.. a great art style..

Scavengers Reign is about the surviving crew of a damaged deep space freighter who are stranded on a beautiful yet unforgiving planet. They begin to learn the true nature of this planet as they try to survive long enough to escape or be rescued.
Quote from this old article https://deadline.com/2022/06/hbo-max-scavengers-reign-adult-animated-sci-fi-2023-1235045893/

Here is a short film by the main guys behind this show.. which might be what spawned Scavengers Reign.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Good grief, the trailer gives away the whole story!

/s

Totally down for this, even if it's dumb (but hopefully it is not) it looks to be imaginative as fuck.

Billbofet

Watched the first episode. Very solid so far. Like Lost mixed with a little David Cronenberg - at least so far.

Trilobit

Whoa! Getting serious Moebius and Sable vibes.

BeIhQs8.jpg

UPriUoV.jpg

Going to have to check it out. Hopefully it has the same atmosphere too.

Renoir

Maaaaaaan. I remember seeing the short on Adult Swim eons ago. I'm glad something is getting made. Im exited.

Fbh

Going to bump this to say I started watching this yesterday and the first 2 chapters were great. Unless it goes to shit later on I have no idea with this didn't generate more buzz.
I love this sort of sci fi with tons of weird environments and creatures that aren't just a nice background but get fully integrated into the story in some bizarre scenarios. The art style is really striking, at times it almost looks like a Moebius work in motion.

Only negatives so far is that the framerate of the animations can be pretty low at times. And there's some slightly derpy faces from time to time which remind of the Joel Haver animations on youtube lol

jason10mm

Gold Member
I liked it a lot but it had a veeery slow pace and WOW, that last ep was wack. Still, by far the best animated series since Primal.

Top Bottom