• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schwarzenegger is heading back to the silver screen. 'With Wings As Eagles' finally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/1741.html

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Currently I'm reading three scripts. One topic/script, which I considered a long time ago before governor, is delighting me particularly. In it I would play an older soldier, who gets the order at the ending of the war to kill a bunch of kids. But he doesn't do it and get them to safety at the risk of his life and it has all kind of adventure. This script is based on a true story!"

That's all Schwarzenegger had to say about the war script but TheArnoldFans.com can tell you more. The title: WITH WINGS AS EAGLES! With Wings As Eagles, written by Randall Wallace (Braveheart, We Were Soldiers fame) is based on the true life story about a German officer who does not agree with his surrounding Nazi party and instead helps the American POWs escape.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "In the future I have to adapt my roles to my age. Clint Eastwood also has done it in the same way. Extreme fighting or shooting is not possible anymore. I want to be more encouraged as an actor and I believe that I can manage this challenge. I am like a sponge, which is absorbing all the knowledge and always be willing to learn all new things."

Randall Wallace still wants Arnie to play Osterman one day. "Arnold can play the part well into his 60's" he says.

Naturally, the big question is WHEN can we see Arnold in theaters?

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "No idea. I don't have a fixed plan. First of all I have to decide which one of these scripts appeals the most for me, then there have to be the right director and so on. But the movie-making is a part of my future plans. Some day the waiting is over again and I'm looking forward to that."

Fuck knows what the other two scripts are. Lets do this shit.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yeah, can't come soon enough.

Get Verhoeven on it. The world needs another Arnie/Verhoeven collaboration. Failing that, get Arnold to break McTiernan out of prison for this. I still have hope that he has another good movie left in him.

Scullibundo said:
Fuck knows what the other two scripts are. Lets do this shit.

Verhoeven's Crusades movie and Millius' King Conan. That's the word apparently going from various sources around the web today.

by sources I mean my dreams

Discotheque said:
Verhoeven's Crusades movie and Millius' King Conan. That's the word apparently going from various sources around the web today.

by sources I mean my dreams
Expendable is prepping this for his first blog post tomorrow.

plasmasd

Let's get a good Arnie/Sly buddy movie stat. Would be awesome to have them both in a Contra movie.

Heh, Cameron could also go back to making movies I like, with Arnie taking out terrorists.

Cameron would be my hero if he would make a movie with Arnie sinking a cruise ship (full of people on vacation) in order to take over and exploit the world's supply of oil to fuel an army of Hummers.

EDIT:

Arnie would be fantastic in an Aronofsky film where he flies to the moon on a rocket and declares himself Mr. Universe for all eternity.

Also would like to see a sequel to Junior, where Arnie is cloned by the Iranian army and the Arnie clone gives birth to an Army of Arnies. This Army must then be defeated by the original Arnie with DeVito along as a sidekick.

Another option would be Evil Dead 3. Where a future Conan-like Arnie and Bruce must team up to save the post apocalyptic world from the horrors of the deadites.

EDIT 2:

District 9 part 2: Arnie gains the trust of the prawns, and then singlehandedly destroys them all, flies the spaceship back to their homeworld and takes over the planet.

Political Thriller: Arnie becomes president of the US in order to join a streetfighting tournament for world leaders. The film culminates in an arm wrestling match between Putin and Arnie. Arnie would beat Putin, tear off his arm, and beat him to death with his own arm.

It will be a bitter pill for him to swallow when Arnold's next movie is announced as Expendables 2. Where he leads the opposing team.

If they do another Predators, he better be on that planet. And even though I didn't really like the Expendables, I'd like him to do the sequel, just to be able to say that there was a Stallone/Arnold team-up.

xbhaskarx

I thought that was "On Wings of Eagles"... the Ken Follet book about Ross Perot's company EDS getting their employees out of Iran after the revolution.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Scullibundo said:
I bet Dan can't wait for Schwarzenegger as Ido.

2lny0zs.gif

black_13

Banned
ah glad he's back!

Now arnold, say yes to anything Stallone throws at ya and maybe get Cameron to give you a cameo in his next movie as well.

Lakitu

st5fu
Thank god he's dropping this governor shit.

It's silly to expect him to be in his prime, but it's good to see him back. I'd love a True Lies spiritual sequel, but James Cameron is too busy with Avatar. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom