• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorsese finally making his Roosevelt biopic, DiCaprio starring

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/l...in-scorsese-teddy-roosevelt-movie-1202573721/

Paramount Pictures has set up the biopic “Roosevelt,” revolving around the life of Theodore Roosevelt, with Leonardo DiCaprio attached to star as the former president and Martin Scorsese on board to direct.

DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson are producing through their Appian Way banner, along with Scorsese and Emma Koskoff through Sikelia, with Chuck Pacheco also producing. DiCaprio and Scorsese currently have a first-look deal at studio.

Scott Bloom will pen the script.

jph139

I remember reading that this was in the works years ago, when I first read The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt. I'll believe it when I see it.

That biography is so goddamn crazy and action-packed that they'll probably have to tone it down.

Loxley

In a perfect world, it should have been Nick Offerman.

I look forward to DiCaprio putting on a bad accent though, that's always fun.

gdt

Fuck yeah. Fascinating man. Complete maniac too. Hopefully they make a sequel with the other Roosevelt..

In before people start complaining about the looks. Leo can pull off a younger Teddy, and who gives a fuck really.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Doable. He'll have to put a bit of weight on but it's not Taft levels.

Fox318

xvUZN32.png

I feel like they could secretly film Nick Offerman just being himself and end up with a pretty convincing Roosevelt documentary. "Did you tell him to ride that moose?" "No, he has no idea we're here."

pa22word

If they actually go true to history it may be the worst bad accent from DiCaprio.

Contrary to the man's legend inspiring otherwise, TR actually had a rather high pitched voice. I can't really imagine DiCaprio trying to do that without it coming out like a contorted mouse squeak. Hopefully they don't try and mangle the performance trying to match his voice, because it really isn't necessary at all to try and hit his voice in a movie this far out from his death.

Ridley327

I thought they were both making Devil in the White City.........disappointed.

Per the article, they still are:

DiCaprio and Scorsese are currently developing a handful of films including “The Devil in the White City” and “Killers of the Flower Moon.” They last worked together on “The Wolf of Wall Street.”

Scorsese is super busy these days and is already shooting The Irishman. Even the article makes it sound nebulous as to whether or not that this is what he's doing once he's done with his current project.

Per the article, they still are:

Scorsese is super busy these days and is already shooting The Irishman. Even the article makes it sound nebulous as to whether or not that this is what he's doing once he's done with his current project.
Unlikely next, as there is no script yet.

gdt

If they actually go true to history it may be the worst bad accent from DiCaprio.

Contrary to the man's legend inspiring otherwise, TR actually had a rather high pitched voice. I can't really imagine DiCaprio trying to do that without it coming out like a contorted mouse squeak. Hopefully they don't try and mangle the performance trying to match his voice, because it really isn't necessary at all to try and hit his voice in a movie this far out from his death.

Sweet lord. What he's talking about here would get a Republican kicked out the party.

Top Bottom