• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorsese's THE IRISHMAN finally happening? Bobby Cannavale joins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...rseses-gangster-picture-the-irishman-20140909

Al Pacino's doing the interview rounds at the Toronto International Film Festival, and The Daily Beast asked him about the status of "The Irishman," the long-gestating Martin Scorsese-directed gangster picture that would reteam Pacino with Robert De Niro, along with Joe Pesci and Harvey Keitel. According to the star, the project's still pushing forward, and the quartet of actors have been joined by Cannavale. There's still no firm word on when the movie will be actually shooting, but Scorsese is finally getting "Silence" underway next year, so it's unlikely to be before 2016 at the earliest.

Even though it'll be another or so before this finally starts moving into production, it's good to hear some movement on this -- and I love the idea of Marty directing Cannavale, who was one of my favorites on Boardwalk. Also be nice to get one more De Niro/Scorsese pairing too.

Holy shit, if anybody could get something great out of pacino in years it would be Scorsese. Been missing him since insider

Damn shame he never worked with him in the 70s/80s

Blader

Holy shit, if anybody could get something great out of pacino in years it would be Scorsese. Been missing him since insider

Damn shame he never worked with him in the 70s/80s

Reading the original Daily Beast article, he says that during the 70s he felt like there was a split between the Marty/DeNiro camp and the Lumet/Pacino camp. Which sounds kinda weird and something I never heard of before, but it also sort of makes sense.

Will believe it when the thing is actually in production. At least it's an easier studio sell than Silence, but goddamn this thing has been on the backburner forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom