• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim online patch coming via DLC [delayed over 18 months, delayed again]

Daigoro

wtf?

what is going on with this. how could the dev team not know anything about this? makes no sense.

been thinking about this lately. hope we get some word soon.

Toppot

Wow, it really is sad to see awful publisher support so long after release to cash in on the continued popularity and colour releases of the books in this day and age. The small team roped in to make it must have hated working on it.

Think I fixed it.

This is not the same lovingly crafted experience as the original game, this is a cash grabbing (I think vita porting to) move made by Ubisoft and done by some completely different team with little or no contact between anyone who worked on it originally.

The Knives DLC was pretty poor as well, re-added cut content and a forced extra character. Though this Wallace character is really forced.

Eusis

You know,w hen I saw the thread title I thought we weren't seeing it until Autumn of THIS year. Not that May's much better given how long ago this was announced.

Well, I'll probably still grab it.

Wow, it really is great to see dev support so long after release in this day and age. They must have loved working on it.

To be honest, really surprised that we didn't see this ported to newer systems (3DS/Vita/WiiU/Steam release) or even a retail based Wii version with DLC included. I thought the game did well financially? Bryan Lee O Malley said on his blog to bitch to Ubisoft about it...

clear31

I spoke too soon, i go to joystiq and see this article

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/04/scott-pilgrim-dlc-delayed-again/

We had such a good feeling about the prospects for the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World online multiplayer DLC. It was due to be released on XBLA and PSN this week, but Ubisoft has delayed it once again – one day before release.

In a statement sent to Destructoid, Ubisoft says it is "addressing feedback from the community on the best ways to honor retro games in the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game DLC in an accurate and respectful manner."

That likely translates to removing the elements that appear to be cribbed from Sonic Battle. This is the weirdest DLC ever. Sorry, Soulcalibur 5.

Kikujiro

Lmao, they are doing it on purpose, that could be the only answer. I hope some insider can share the story behind this clusterfuck.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
You don't need to be an insider that whoever the cheeky fuck they outsourced Wallace's spritesheet too literally just ganked animations from Sonic Battle.

Yes, little thief. Thats not a thing you can do in the real world.

Toppot

Fuck, probably delayed so they can sort out Wallace's end of level animation, which was a fuck up that needs to be fixed.

And I just played this again the other day to get the Knives trophies and get warmed up.

Fuck.

Top Bottom