• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World finally arrives on Steam... without controller support 😠

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
These Ubisoft Steam releases are the lowest effort cash grabs I've ever seen

also, no achievements

also, Ubisoft Connect

also, Denuvo

Last edited:

poodaddy

Ubisoft continues to be the worst publisher in the biz. At what point does their continued success become the fault of the folks who keep buying Ubisoft games? Vote with your wallets folks.

Shame though, Scott Pilgrim is a genuinely good game. It deserves better.

bender

What time is it?
monkeys-paw-paw.gif

Midn1ght

Ubisoft is without a doubt one of the worst publisher out there currently.
The upper-management at this company is beyond trash, like how can you manage to build yourself a worse reputation than EA in such a short amount of time?

It's sad because I'm sure the company is filled with super talented people.

MiguelItUp

Man, I really hate Ubisoft, lmao. They had some good games in the past, but they've just gotten worse and worse. How would you put these on Steam with no controller support? Lmao.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How would you put these on Steam with no controller support? Lmao.
Technically speaking, Steam can map controller inputs to keyboard inputs using the Steam launcher / overlay, or big picture mode.

Maybe they just said "fuck it, that works", and called it a day? 🤷‍♂️

Live footage of Ubisoft's Steam team:
King Of The Hill Eating GIF

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Technically speaking, Steam can map controller inputs to keyboard inputs using the Steam launcher / overlay, or big picture mode.

Maybe they just said "fuck it, that works", and called it a day? 🤷‍♂️

Live footage of Ubisoft's Steam team:
King Of The Hill Eating GIF
True! But I'm always gonna be on the side of the game comes with everything it needs to do what it needs to do without anything from players, lol.

Crappy ports for crappy games
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

Kacho

Situations like this are why I keep my Xbox around. You never know when a publisher is gonna shit out a half-assed PC port.

PhoenixTank

Almost shocking they had the time to include artwork and videos.

^ review seems to sum it up rather well.

dcx4610

I just bought the game and my controller (Xbox Series X) is working fine. No button mapping or anything special required.

Larxia

I don't get it. The game was made with controller support built in, like I suppose even if you play a pirated version, there will be controller support, it's just inside the game, there's nothing special in Uplay that adds this support.
So it mean they took it out of this steam version on purpose?
Edit: Okay apparently controller support is still there and the problems are compatibility issues with Steam input / non xinput controllers.

Last edited:

dcx4610

Thread needs changed. Any controller supporting Xinput works fine out of the box. The Ubisoft Connect and DRM is garbage but typical but it's not their fault if you are using a cheap/3rd party controller without Xinput.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
A major publisher launching a game like this without controller support in 2023 sounds unreal.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Sell Rayman you motherfuckers. You clearly don't want it.

Soodanim

Ubisoft can go fuck themselves until they put it on GOG so I don't have to put up with their shoehorned in bollocks. The game is 2 generations old with a terrible port, at least GOG would patch it up so it's actually playable when you buy it.

Top Bottom