• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts 2, bitches!

Newest NP talked about the next Scribblenauts game. Here I was yesterday saying how people aren't talking about it because there no info on the sequel.

-10,000 more words
-120 new and improved levels
-adjectives play a big role
-improved controls
-fleshed out level editor
-par system removed
-more merits
-new hint system
-coming this fall

Honestly, I don't care for 10,000 more words. I would be happy if all they did was take the original 10,000 and add more properties to them. Like freaking lava couldn't melt ice.

My only other gripe are the controls and the level design. Improve these 3 and that's more than enough to make me happy.

All of those improvements sound like big steps in the right direction.

I enjoyed Scribblenauts, but I think it did have some notable shortcomings (which have been beaten to death by certain people), and it sounds like 5th Cell is aware of this and is working to improve it.

Xater

The biggest thing they have to fix are the controls. If they get those right the game will already be alot better.

Apoc29

Nice! I had fun with Scribblenauts, but if they can fix the glaring problems the first one had, this should be the new king of DS!

seriously about the controls though. Im about to sell my copy because I never play it anymore since I don't feel like dealing with them.

Lijik

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss
mrb5ma.gif

GeekyDad

Xater said:
The biggest thing they have to fix are the controls. If they get those right the game will already be alot better.

Well, I think the controls go hand in hand with the game's physics, which, for me, were a big part of the problem.

"improved controls"

Bought. I stopped playing the first solely because of the shittyness of the controls, I'm glad they listened to the fan feedback

Also I liked the par system :( please leave it in the options or something

I'm also concerned with too many useless items, or items not functioning the way you imagined it.

Quality over quantity IMO.

mjc

Still not on the wagon for this one, gonna need much more convincing. Not gonna listen to GAF hype this time around either.

Improved controls is the only thing I want. I want to move Max with the D-pad and have him interact with stuff easier. If so, I'm down day one.

gerg

In case the information is new, the latest Nintendo Power also has details on an Earthworm Jim remake for DSiWare. The May issue will also have a world exclusive reveal for a new game for the Wii. The preview page has a generic picture of Mario on it, so this could range from mere details on SMG 2, or the other Mario game apparently in development, to something entirely unrelated.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ut oh, here we go again. The hype level for the first game was borderline insanity.

Eteric Rice

Xal-Shoota said:
seriously about the controls though. Im about to sell my copy because I never play it anymore since I don't feel like dealing with them.

Same. The controls were terrible.

Hex

Banned
The novelty of the first wore off quite quickly.
I know it is blasphemous to say that here where there were avatars all over the place being done in the Scribble style and whatnot but it is just my opinion.
I do think the potential for the second to improve on the first is there so I will definitely keep this on my radar.

SirSwirl

Neo Member
Yay! Thank you 5th cell, Scribblenauts was the one game that needed a sequel from you guys.

I'm getting so hyped, gah, must wait for controls impressions.

Lijik

MattyGrovesOrMe said:
Perfect control set up for me: D-Pad (and only D-Pad) moves Maxwell. Buttons pan camera around level. Stylus interacts with objects.

Those would be perfect and I didn't even have problems with the controls to begin with.

EDIT-
PounchEnvy said:
Reminds me of the off-screen James Franco gif.

2d8mgj9.gif

This has made me realize that every Spider Man 3 gif I've ever seen was off-screen.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Those who never got their avatar request fulfilled may finally be in with the chance.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Adjectives eh? If I can make a slimy goat and have it be useful somehow, I'm sold. Even if it's just to mess arond with things again

Gomu Gomu

All I want is Better level design and clever puzzles. The first one was really dissapointing regarding these two things. The levels were boring, and the puzzles started great, and then got repetitive and boring.

I have faith in 5th Cell. Since you've pretty much have the basic mechanics ready to go. Spending more time building creative levels and puzzles is a necessity.

Top Bottom