• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts 2, bitches!

Oli

Never bought the first because I was lazy, but it seems to have paid off. I'll definitely keep an eye on the sequel.

Cyndar said:
This looks fantastic. 5th Cell clearly shows it knows how to learn from its mistakes and build on its successes.

On a more personal note, I'm moving to Washington once I leave college. I'm coming for ya, Jackson! (Or at least for a job.)

Join the club!

And I was thinking this would be a more polished version of the first...but oh wow, why stop there? Adjectives as well? Go ahead, sign my ass up once again. Officially hyped :D

justchris said:
I'm in. Just let me power up my Avatar and I'll be back in 5 minutes with impressions.

Clearly it was so awesome the guy stayed in the future

Anyways, do we know much of Scribblenauts 2 and E3? If it's out this fall then I can only assume we'll see a similar media blowout like last year

I really want this to be called Super Scribblenauts, we haven't had a 'Super' game in a while (SSFIV doesn't count, that series has its own relationship with the prefix 'Super').

Nintaiyo

Pretty skeptical about the whole addition of adjectives. The breadth of objects wasn't my beef with the first game, it was the actual functionality and controlling of the objects. Having adjectives seems like it might stunt the player's creativity, like how many players used the jetpack for everything in the first game. For example, instead of thinking of a heavy object to weigh something down, you could just make any object heavy with that adjective. While it might seem novel to solve everything in the game with a cow, I could see the addition of this concept making the game less fun in the long run. However, you could argue that it's up the player to choose to use creative items.

While 5th Cell claims that they'll fix all the issues from the first game, I feel that they should perfect or at least polish their existing formula before trying to iterate with ideas that could make the game more complex. If they can do this, great. I do understand that their sequel needs a "hook," much like the first game, and at face value, adjectives seem to be a very compelling addition.

Nintaiyo said:
Pretty skeptical about the whole addition of adjectives. The breadth of objects wasn't my beef with the first game, it was the actual functionality and controlling of the objects. Having adjectives seems like it might stunt the player's creativity, like how many players used the jetpack for everything in the first game. For example, instead of thinking of a heavy object to weigh something down, you could just make any object heavy with that adjective. While it might seem novel to solve everything in the game with a cow, I could see the addition of this concept making the game less fun in the long run. However, you could argue that it's up the player to choose to use creative items.

While 5th Cell claims that they'll fix all the issues from the first game, I feel that they should perfect or at least polish their existing formula before trying to iterate with ideas that could make the game more complex. If they can do this, great. I do understand that their sequel needs a "hook," much like the first game, and at face value, adjectives seem to be a very compelling addition.

I think one approach they are taking to solve this is the slimming down of action levels - the levels where you COULD just spam jetpack/Pegasus/rope and call it a day. There will be more puzzle levels which will force you to think more uniquely based on the level itself.

Blizzard

Banned
I was playing Scribblenauts a bit more over the last couple of days, and I'm into world 7 if I recall correctly, the stunt park place. It seems like a lot of the puzzle maps can also involve reacting quickly or racing something, and I really hope they get rid of some of the dark/racing/action levels in favor of making the game more puzzle-oriented where you can think over a solution.

And I think I ran into a couple more words that seemed like they should work and didn't, etc. etc. Dragster and passenger, for instance (I was on an airplane and made a pilot and a jet, but no passenger :OOOOO).

Blizzard

Banned
Jackson, if you're around, the camera no longer snaps back, right?

Also if you put in "piton" or "dragster" that'd be nice too. :p If there's a word combination for a drag-racing car I don't think I have found it yet!

Blizzard said:
Jackson, if you're around, the camera no longer snaps back, right?

Also if you put in "piton" or "dragster" that'd be nice too. :p If there's a word combination for a drag-racing car I don't think I have found it yet!

The camera no longer snaps back, jackson said this a zillion times, :p

Top Bottom