Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

DSi acquired because I like spending too much money. :(

I still need to get screen protectors (will probably order the Hori ones mentioned earlier), and a case. Anyone have any cheap, good case suggestions that don't scratch? I think I'd prefer a case where I don't have to lock the DSi in place to place it since those things seem kind of awkward. I'd rather take it out of the case. Any ideas?
 
Yeah, last week at GamesCom. I think right now there are some conflicting reports as to what exactly is going on (some retailers switched the date to October 9th, then switched it right back to September 25th), but the latest trailer said "October 2009". A 5TH Cell employee via Twitter confirmed the push back was just for Europe.
 

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
SirPenguin said:
Yeah, last week at GamesCom. I think right now there are some conflicting reports as to what exactly is going on (some retailers switched the date to October 9th, then switched it right back to September 25th), but the latest trailer said "October 2009". A 5TH Cell employee via Twitter confirmed the push back was just for Europe.
Didn't hear about that one :/ Thanks, will update my story - maybe the US delay just hasn't been announced yet?
 
VOOK said:
Didn't hear about that one :/ Thanks, will update my story - maybe the US delay just hasn't been announced yet?
Stop, you're scaring me!

Brittany Aubert, an employee at 5TH Cell did confirm as of last week NA is still the 15th (http://twitter.com/baubert/status/3385332729) I'm fearful of us getting the same 2 week delay treatment, though. The shortness of the length seems to suggest it has to do with production, doesn't it? I mean the game is done, as far as I know.
 

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
SirPenguin said:
Stop, you're scaring me!

Brittany Aubert, an employee at 5TH Cell did confirm as of last week NA is still the 15th (http://twitter.com/baubert/status/3385332729) I'm fearful of us getting the same 2 week delay treatment, though. The shortness of the length seems to suggest it has to do with production, doesn't it? I mean the game is done, as far as I know.
Sounds like it.

Where is Jackson? :p
 
Blizzard said:
DSi acquired because I like spending too much money. :(

I still need to get screen protectors (will probably order the Hori ones mentioned earlier), and a case. Anyone have any cheap, good case suggestions that don't scratch? I think I'd prefer a case where I don't have to lock the DSi in place to place it since those things seem kind of awkward. I'd rather take it out of the case. Any ideas?
Again, gotta point to HORI and Amazon for this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0O6MC/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

I got it yesterday and it's just what I was hoping for. Nice, soft, felt-like cloth inside - squishy foam inside nylon fabric outside. It's got spots for 3 games and an extra stylus inside too. It's not overly-large and the DSi is in no way restrained inside the case.

I may be partial to Amazon because I have a prime membership with free 2-day shipping... but you may be able to find these things some where else.
 
o0achilles0o said:
Again, gotta point to HORI and Amazon for this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0O6MC/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

I got it yesterday and it's just what I was hoping for. Nice, soft, felt-like cloth inside - squishy foam inside nylon fabric outside. It's got spots for 3 games and an extra stylus inside too. It's not overly-large and the DSi is in no way restrained inside the case.

I may be partial to Amazon because I have a prime membership with free 2-day shipping... but you may be able to find these things some where else.
Excellent! Thanks again. I'll have to find something else for like $5 so I can get free shipping.
 
VOOK said:
Sounds like it.

Where is Jackson? :p
Yes, unfortunately I have to say that due to the EU delay from September to October, the date of September 15th in North America which is the release date for both the United State of America and Canada which has English, Canadian French and Spanish but aside from language changes has the same basic gameplay will be available on the day of the original date set in North America and not a day later. Also, if you've skipped past I'll scare you by saying delayed and forcing you to re-read this entire paragraph which I've unnecessarily elongated for (poor) comedic purposes.
 
Actually I don't need to get the game case since I added something else to my order.

I challenged Jackson about whether 4+ out of 5 words would be in the game and lost (I'm waiting to see if I was correct about which one isn't), so I owe him another preorder per my challenge. :lol Once my two Amazon preorders get here I'll take a picture alongside my Gamestop one. And then I'll find people to give them to! (nobody here gets to ask, I in theory have friends already :p)
 

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jackson said:
Yes, unfortunately I have to say that due to the EU delay from September to October, the date of September 15th in North America which is the release date for both the United State of America and Canada which has English, Canadian French and Spanish but aside from language changes has the same basic gameplay will be available on the day of the original date set in North America and not a day later. Also, if you've skipped past I'll scare you by saying delayed and forcing you to re-read this entire paragraph which I've unnecessarily elongated for (poor) comedic purposes.
You've confused me :lol September 30th is still good for us I guess.
 
Jackson said:
Yes, unfortunately I have to say that due to the EU delay from September to October, the date of September 15th in North America which is the release date for both the United State of America and Canada which has English, Canadian French and Spanish but aside from language changes has the same basic gameplay will be available on the day of the original date set in North America and not a day later. Also, if you've skipped past I'll scare you by saying delayed and forcing you to re-read this entire paragraph which I've unnecessarily elongated for (poor) comedic purposes.
:lol
 
Well, September 30 is around the time I'd be receiving the game if I was to import (I always take the cheapest shipping), and we still get the hat at EB (price matched to whichever store has it cheapest of course), so I guess I can't complain too much. Still a little bit of a let down. And sucks to be you...ropean.
 

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:
Well, September 30 is around the time I'd be receiving the game if I was to import (I always take the cheapest shipping), and we still get the hat at EB (price matched to whichever store has it cheapest of course), so I guess I can't complain too much. Still a little bit of a let down. And sucks to be you...ropean.
I know somewhere else where you can get the hat. :D
 
poweld said:
I'm a sad boy cause it looks like I missed out on the rooster had pre-order. SAD BOY RIGHT HERE.
Hmm - just checked gamestop.com and noticed the pre-order bonus is in fact missing. My gamestop store location had some signage up that listed the rooster hat as a pre-order bonus. Pretty big picture too, so maybe you could try pre-ordering at a store, rather than online and still get the bonus?

That said, I walked into that same store about a week after the Mirror's Edge launch, and asked if they had any of those messenger bags left over (they did) and if I could have it, and they gave it to me. Without any purchase. So it's worth a shot, especially if you pre-order, because clearly some people don't take their bonuses, or they over ship them, or something.
 
handofg0d said:
Hmm - just checked gamestop.com and noticed the pre-order bonus is in fact missing. My gamestop store location had some signage up that listed the rooster hat as a pre-order bonus. Pretty big picture too, so maybe you could try pre-ordering at a store, rather than online and still get the bonus?
Thanks, I'll stop by the local GStop after work today and see.
 
SirPenguin said:
EB/Gamestop has removed the banner/etc. announcing the preorder bonus from their website. Indeed, I can't find any mention of the rooster hat anywhere. Could this mean they ran out?

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74879
You will still get the Rooster Hat if you pre-ordered like a week or two ago though right? The pre-order bonus message was still up when I pre-ordered, so I assume I will still get this hat right?

Does any other place carry the hat or was this a GS exclusive?
 

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Feep said:
Welcome!

I do indeed know Skychrono; we met at a Guitar Hero tournament, and we also took some computer science classes together at the University of Florida. He's a cool guy. :D
I went to UF as well. Have we met? My name's Aaron.

And just to keep this on topic: other things I will do first day playing, besides light Lincoln aflame...

Hit a space shuttle with a missile.

Girl, Businessman, Colonel, and Biker + Shotgun + Rifle + Pistol + Grenade vs. Zombie times a bunch

Attempt to utilize a Hawk in my solution to as many levels as possible

Jackson said:
Yes, unfortunately I have to say that due to the EU delay from September to October, the date of September 15th in North America which is the release date for both the United State of America and Canada which has English, Canadian French and Spanish but aside from language changes has the same basic gameplay will be available on the day of the original date set in North America and not a day later. Also, if you've skipped past I'll scare you by saying delayed and forcing you to re-read this entire paragraph which I've unnecessarily elongated for (poor) comedic purposes.

You are evil... and a genius.

Like some kind of...

smart... mastermind.
 
Jackson said:
Yes, unfortunately I have to say that due to the EU delay from September to October, the date of September 15th in North America which is the release date for both the United State of America and Canada which has English, Canadian French and Spanish but aside from language changes has the same basic gameplay will be available on the day of the original date set in North America and not a day later. Also, if you've skipped past I'll scare you by saying delayed and forcing you to re-read this entire paragraph which I've unnecessarily elongated for (poor) comedic purposes.



I knew it....Layton's too close..
 
SirPenguin said:
EB/Gamestop has removed the banner/etc. announcing the preorder bonus from their website. Indeed, I can't find any mention of the rooster hat anywhere. Could this mean they ran out?

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74879
I emailed GameStop in a panic...

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

As long as you placed your order before the bonus was removed from the site then you will still receive the hat."


Hopefully this means I'm guaranteed a hat :)
 
Hopefully this also means that preorder numbers have been quite large, for them to overrun their hat numbers. They've apparently been good at Amazon, it's #38 in video game sales at the moment.
 
toythatkills said:
I emailed GameStop in a panic...

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

As long as you placed your order before the bonus was removed from the site then you will still receive the hat."


Hopefully this means I'm guaranteed a hat :)
Oh excellent! Rooster hats will be THE fashion accessory of Fall '09! ^_____^