• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scumbag CEO drops drug price back down amid controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go outrage culture, now the wealth won't trickle down you assholes.

Should have let the freemarket adjust itself. That poor CEO. #IStandWithDrugCEOGuy

Averon

Why did the guy think he could get away with jacking up such an important drug to such extremes and not think a huge backlash would result?

Savitar

a9JPET0.png

soco

This is a very interesting interview to watch.

Count the number of brief smiles he does. This guy's beyond creepy.

Wag

Drug will still cost >$750/pill. Still too damn much considering it was only $17 before.

Slayven

This is a very interesting interview to watch.

Count the number of brief smiles he does. This guy's beyond creepy.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/pri...ion-for-corporate-looting-fraud-and-stalking/

The suit points out that Shkreli was accused in December 2013 of threatening a former MSMB employee and his family on social media and in written letters.

“I hope to see you and your four children homeless and will do whatever I can to assure this,” the former employee Timothy Pierotti, claimed his old boss had written in a letter to his wife.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Heh, if I hated myself more, I would look for new reactions from the people who were applauding him for the straight "no" he gave yesterday about lowering the price.

Still doubt it'll be a fair price, but hopefully from now on this weasel feels the heat of 10 million eyes on him every time he considers how much he's going to fleece the people who depend on these manufacturers for their life.

Chumly

This is the same guy being sued for using all the extra money from price gauging people as a slush fund to repay angry hudgefund customers correct?

His research bullshit is literally just that.... Bullshit. His company has no interest in research and development

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
The drug has been on the market for over 60 years, surely there are generic versions available?

I don't see how this wasn't going to price his company out of the market anyway.

Chumly

The drug has been on the market for over 60 years, surely there are generic versions available?

I don't see how this wasn't going to price his company out of the market anyway.
There are no generics. It's not worth the time and effort because these drugs work so well. Plus they are niche drugs. So basically what he does is identify drugs that are specifically like this. Buys them out and then spikes the price. Since there are no competitors they make millions. By the time a competitor did come along they could just purposely crash the price and make it not profitable. It's a monopoloy plain and simple. Except its people's lives that they are playing with.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He just said he will lower it, not by how much. He's concerned about legal ramifications, I imagine. I wouldn't be surprised to see both sides of the aisle in terms of the legislature unified in "fuck this guy" mode.

You'd think a guy with so many skeletons in his closet would try and lay low. But obviously he's gotten away with so much that he felt above it and didn't see this shit storm coming. Now the heat is on him and I'm sure his investors are beyond pissed.

Stet

Banned
I'm glad he showed up to demonstrate that real pharmaceutical companies aren't that bad when compared with hedge fund managers.

He just said he will lower it, not by how much. He's concerned about legal ramifications, I imagine. I wouldn't be surprised to see both sides of the aisle in terms of the legislature unified in "fuck this guy" mode.

God I hope the republican party don't penalise him for being a smart capitalist businessman who spotted an opportunity. If they did...I guess I'll vote 3rd party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom