• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Hannity once pulled a gun on Juan Williams (on set)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hannity, Trump's biggest backer on television, has said this is entertainment for him: "I am a counterpuncher," he told one Twitter user who asked why he was so antagonistic. "I do not start fights but I finish them. This is pure entertainment for me. If people take cheap shots I hit back."

Still, Hannity's version of entertainment can go too far. Last year, after ending one of his many spirited on-air arguments with liberal contributor Juan Williams, Hannity pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at Williams, according to three sources with knowledge of the incident. He even turned on the laser sight, causing a red dot to bob around on Williams' body. (Hannity was just showing off, the sources said, but the unforeseen off-camera antic clearly disturbed Williams and others on set.)

For the record: Hannity's colleagues brought the Williams incident to the attention of Fox News executives, though it's not clear whether anything came of it. The sources said it went to Bill Shine, the network's co-president and longtime Fox News executive, who is Hannity's longtime friend and a former producer. A Fox News spokesperson said the incident was referred to the legal and human resources departments.

"Sean Hannity has been trained in firearm safety since he was 11 years old and has a license to carry a gun in five states, including New York," Fox News said in a statement to CNNMoney. "The situation was thoroughly investigated and it was found that no one was put in any danger." (The spokesperson said the incident took place in October 2016.)
http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/16/media/sean-hannity-juan-williams-gun/index.html

1156.gif

This guy is dangerous and should not even be on air anymore. What the hell.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So he was trained in gun safety which makes it ok to jokingly point a gun at a guest, because REASONS

darscot

Didn't need any more evidence this guy is an idiot. That being said this should immediately result in the revoke of any permit to carry. Pointing a loaded gun at someone is not a joke. Do that to me and expect my response to be that of a man in fear of his life and doing whatever it takes to insure you are no longer capable of operating that gun.

You'd think someone whose trained in firearm safety since they were 11 would know rule number one of firearm safety: Don't point your fucking gun at people.

Isn't the very first lesson of gun safety that you don't point a gun at someone? So mentioning how he's been trained in gun safety is a weird defense.

Fox News said in a statement to CNNMoney. "The situation was thoroughly investigated and it was found that no one was put in any danger."

Fox News doesn't consider black people "persons" confirmed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hmm.

Would I be fired for this?

yes.

Will Sean Hannity suffer anything except admiration of 2nd Amnmendment racists?

No.

However, there are plenty of responsible gun owners on this very site, including republicans, who WOULD fire his ass for this.

It is RULE 1.

Do not ever point your gun at anything you do not wish to destroy. Ever. There is no exception. Ever.

FIRE HIS ASS. I'm actually not even mad about normal hannity BS. This is absolutely beyond the pale (literally in this case).

Trago

Hannity, mister gun rights and gun freedom. The same man who spent years downplaying any kind of gun misconduct and playing up how gun owners are very responsible, pulled out a fucking firearm on his fucking coworker??

He needs to get the fuck off the air.

blackflag

Lol if he was trained as he says then he'd know the first fucking rule of gun safety.

Always treat a gun as if it was loaded.

Also, never point it at anything you don't intend to shoot.

What he did is actually a crime

Ernest

Banned
Jon Stewart better watch out - Hannity went fucking nuts on twitter when Stewart called him out ("Lumpy") on Colbert's show a couple months ago.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Hmm.

Would I be fired for this?

yes.

Will Sean Hannity suffer anything except admiration of 2nd Amnmendment racists?

No.

However, there are plenty of responsible gun owners on this very site, including republicans, who WOULD fire his ass for this.

It is RULE 1.

Do not ever point your gun at anything you do not wish to destroy. Ever. There is no exception. Ever.

FIRE HIS ASS. I'm actually not even mad about normal hannity BS. This is absolutely beyond the pale (literally in this case).

100% this.

How can you not be fired for this.

Hannity, mister gun rights and gun freedom. The same man who spent years downplaying any kind of gun misconduct and playing up how gun owners are very responsible, pulled out a fucking firearm on his fucking coworker??

He needs to get the fuck off the air.

His ratings are too high and has too many followers.

Fox would never. I doubt even WOR radio would dump him. Him and Rush are gold mines for them.

ICO_SotC

The official explanation from Fox News is it's all cool becuase they trust Sean Hannity with a gun.

This is real life.

PKrockin

You'd think someone whose trained in firearm safety since they were 11 would know rule number one of firearm safety: Don't point your fucking gun at people.
Absofuckinglutely this. You don't point a gun at something you don't intend to kill. Hannity likes to pretend he's a decent patriotic American who just wants to defend himself, but really he thirsts for power over others, by any means necessary, including by making these declarations and demonstrations that he could murder anyone he wanted.

Madness

"Sean Hannity has been trained in firearm safety since he was 11 years old and has a license to carry a gun in five states, including New York"...

And yet he doesn't realize that you never point unless you intend to shoot? Everyone is a responsible gun owner until they aren't and humans are emotional at times. This is why allowing open and concealed carry in bars is such a dangerous mix. People sure have itchy fingers with their guns when they get heated...

Trago

His ratings are too high and has too many followers.

Fox would never. I doubt even WOR radio would dump him. Him and Rush are gold mines for them.

Yep, fuck principles. They get on our case about principles. Pulling a gun on your coworker is a damn extreme example of gun misconduct. Fuck em'.

To be fair you should also include that Williams himself corroborated Hannity's side of the story and said this story is being sensationalized and that he not once ever felt like he was in danger.

Gun was unloaded.

"Sean Hannity has been trained in firearm safety since he was 11 years old and has a license to carry a gun in five states, including New York," Fox News said in a statement to CNNMoney.
Then he should know better than to casually point a gun at someone.

To be fair you should also include that Williams himself corroborated Hannity's side of the story and said this story is being sensationalized and that he not once ever felt like he was in danger.

Gun was unloaded.
I wonder if Fox slipped him a bonus in his next paycheck to downplay the whole thing.

Is it bad that I'm more surprised at the framing of Juan Williams as a "liberal" than the gun aspect of this story?

Because of fucking course Hannity has pulled guns on people.

Poppy

Gun was unloaded.

that wouldnt matter to me at all. my own mom could pull this on me and she would never be seeing me again. i dunno how people excuse this kind of thing

The official explanation from Fox News is it's all cool becuase they trust Sean Hannity with a gun.

This is real life.
Which of course makes no fuckin' sense because if he could really be trusted with a gun he'd never do something like this to begin with.

The real answer is of course money. He makes them money so they don't care, and Hannity knows it so it doesn't surprise me at all he's cocky enough to do something like this.

But yeah, I don't even have a gun and never want to have one, but even I know two of the most basic rules of gun safety are to always treat your guns like they're loaded and to never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot, because breaking those basic rules is how fuckin' accidents happen.

Madness

Gun was unloaded.

There is a difference between jokes between friends and in an argument, pulling out a REAL gun, unloaded or not, and pointing it at another person, even using the laser pointer. All this shows is that he is a pretty shitty gunowner. But nah, will be chalked off as more left paranoia, there was never any danger. 'It's just a prank bro', their tryna take yer der guns'

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"Sean Hannity has been trained in firearm safety since he was 11 years old..."

Seems about right considering this sounds like something an 11-year old would do.

Slayven

You don't joke by pointing a gun at someone. First thing they teach you is never point a gun loaded or unloaded unless you are willing to lose it.

wilsonda

Sadly this puts all responsible gun owners in a bad light. A person trained in firearm safety does not point a gun at a person, even if they have checked if it is unloaded. The very first rule of gun safety is always treated the firearm as loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom