• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

dubc35

rode the "great wheel" today... for $12 it was okay.. kinda fast but it was just okay... line was long

You get 3 revolutions right? Good views? I imagine I'll do it once...and that's about it (like the Space Needle).

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
What is this great wheel? I have never heard of this.

first time I ate at the space needle I got really motion sick. It barely moves!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
What is this great wheel? I have never heard of this.

first time I ate at the space needle I got really motion sick. It barely moves!

They randomly and very recently erected a Ferris wheel ona dock to make up for construction that hasn't happened yet. Touristy nonsense of the highest order, but to be fair, that stuff is sometimes awesome, like Alcatraz.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yearly "hang out on my buddy's pool deck on Lake Union and wait for the fireworks to start." Happy 4th, Seattle.

Let us be friends soon! At least before next fourth. I will trade you a parking spot near Gasworks park in case you ever do it ghetto style.

Chichikov

Pool deck?
Bitch please.
Land based pools are for meth-heads and homeless people.
If you want to rock with the 1%, you got to rock with a hot tub boat -

jb1234

They randomly and very recently erected a Ferris wheel ona dock to make up for construction that hasn't happened yet. Touristy nonsense of the highest order, but to be fair, that stuff is sometimes awesome, like Alcatraz.

Huh. I didn't know this... I'm not a Ferris wheel fan but given the amazing weather we're having, I might have to go down there.

The video is pretty accurate at times, though.

NPR
Seattle Freeze
etc...

Let us be friends soon! At least before next fourth. I will trade you a parking spot near Gasworks park in case you ever do it ghetto style.

396761_3711547221861_2142864896_n.jpg
534732_4215279901418_945936467_n.jpg

Glorious 4th, as always. My friend is never allowed to sell his place.

Hilbert

Strange. Is this over by the aquarium?

jergrah

Anyone who is interested in fantastic views of the city/sound Monday-Friday should hit up the Russell Investments Tower (connected to SAM @ 2nd/Union). Walk in, take the middle bank of elevators to 17 and there's a huge outdoor deck. Perfect shot of the Needle north, stadiums South, straight out over the Sound and just down is the Market.

I work in the building on the 5th floor and never knew about this until my team moved in this building last summer.

17 is the only floor in the building you don't need a badge in the elevators to get to. When the weather is like its been recently I usually have lunch and read up there, plenty of seating inside and out.

My brother and I treated my mother to a dinner today at The Walrus and Carpenter in Ballard. Very good, will come back again someday. Happy Hour oysters and cocktails, can't beat that.

dLMN8R

Maybe next year :p We went all out with her getting the Chef's Tasting Menu and me getting a 4-course with paired wines. I think we spent about a month's budget of going out :lol

Need to wait a while for the sake of our stomachs and wallets before trying anything else!

Pool deck?
Bitch please.
Land based pools are for meth-heads and homeless people.
If you want to rock with the 1%, you got to rock with a hot tub boat -
I've heard a lot about these. I have some friends that rented out a few of them recently and had one big hot tub boat party.

Did everyone enjoy the thunderstorm last night? :p
Yeah, I was driving home from a party and legitimately thought I was tripping out for a second. I had to stop and watch it. It was awesome.

There was a thunderstorm last night? Didn't notice. Our little one was staying with friends so the wife and I could have a nice 6th wedding anniversary evening...

jb1234

There was a thunderstorm last night? Didn't notice. Our little one was staying with friends so the wife and I could have a nice 6th wedding anniversary evening...

It was pretty early in the morning, around 1 AM if I remember correctly.

Hilbert

I was doing a slug hunt in my garden in the rain when the lighting flashed.

scared me half to death.

I doubt Bourdain will go back to Salumi with the cameras, but I'm sure he'll stop by. I thought he's done with Travel and now working for CNN?

AEREC

Im looking to move to Seattle soon...been applying to jobs for a about a month now. But when I do move (from Georgia) I will miss the sound of thunderstorms.

Hey,

is there an easy higlight list of what there is to do in seattle? I'll be headed over to the US in OCT and would love a cheat sheet for this + Portland. :)

Irnbru

So Im currently in LA, have family in Seattle and thinking about relocated to start my career in audit there, seattle worth it? I liked it when I visited a few months back in the winter, Im just on edge to see if it's worth it, also getting tired of La

Top Bottom