• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

The super aim assist on the PS4 version is definitely gone.
However, there's no this weird lag on melee hits registering.

Melee a guy in crucible and he didn't die (with the +melee points to me) until a second after he killed me.

That has actually happened to me in the pre-update version, too, so that's nothing new. I hope they can get the lag issues sorted out by launch.

It is really amazing to me how many people are willing to rush blindly into a room in this game. Come on dude, you just saw me run into this room and go off the radar. Yet, you're still going to charge the room without knowing where I am within it? Shotgun blast + melee follow up = another kill for my kill spree.

most of this audience never played halo. or even that many fps' in general

Phear

SERIOUSLY FUCK THIS SHIT.

Man, how fucking unable is Bungie to write decent netcode? Borderline broken shit here...

Skele7on

Banned
been stuck at 63% forever.

come on xbox lets go

Yeah, mine got to 62%, and then died. Music froze and everything.

Got the "'Tis corrupted!" message in the app. Backed out, "uninstalled" Destiny, and then told it to install again. Back at 2%. Sigh.

For what it's worth, it certainly doesn't seem to be downloading any faster out here on the dashboard, as compared to after launching the app, but let's hope it's less prone to file corruption this way.

Yah got work to do, Bungie! (That's why open betas are handy.)

YUP i got to 58% and then on a seperate download 15%

Now doing it closed up to 41% and running fine.

Seems to be an issues with the in app % and the xbox % going out of sync and then throwing out what packets to send.

xbox seem to be slow and corrupting if you open the app DONT DO THIS.

keep it closed and let the download finish.

Follow this Xbox brothers!

Now on 85% working like a dream

Remark

Banned
My download finished on Xbox 360. No install screen so that's cool.

Game looks pretty good for last gen no problems w/ frame rate or anything. At the tower rn level 2.

Do these bosses scale depending on the number of players? I did a Strike mission with some random person and there was some walking tank boss. I don't know if it was just a bullet sponge or if we weren't fighting him correctly, but it took like 5 minutes of constant shooting to put him down.

Also, I'm curious to know if playing these missions as a single-player will be unfun. Sometimes they throw so many enemies at you I have a feeling lone players were an afterthought.

Skele7on

Banned
man the joys of my 142mb down 20mb up

It's still so slow. Playstation wins downloading beta although unfair test as I had the preload.

Plus I am happy it's up "early" more time to slay. Bungie stay golden you're great.

Remark

Banned
Do these bosses scale depending on the number of players? I did a Strike mission with some random person and there was some walking tank boss. I don't know if it was just a bullet sponge or if we weren't fighting him correctly, but it took like 5 minutes of constant shooting to put him down.

Also, I'm curious to know if playing these missions as a single-player will be unfun. Sometimes they throw so many enemies at you I have a feeling lone players were an afterthought.
Well it is an online-only game I think they really want people to interact with you while your playing through missions.

DNAbro

first time i did the strike mission it took my team 10-15 minutes to fight the devil walker. 5 minutes is a good time.

Add him, guys. Catfax is a cool dude.

Aww, shucks.

Anyone feel sepkis prime is harder now? felt like less heavy ammo was available. Good news, I picked up three greens that I've been looking for - high-level armor with auto rifle buff, helmet with grenade buff, and my fist green scout rifle.

If you find a Rocket Launcher with "Ammo for this weapon is more common", you have to take it.

linkeds

Banned
Ok now i'm slowing down at 83%

took 5 minutes from 82 to hit 83 now 83 has been here for the past few minutes

just before went fom 41% to 82% in about 25 minutes :(

Anyone feel sepkis prime is harder now? felt like less heavy ammo was available. Good news, I picked up three greens that I've been looking for - high-level armor with auto rifle buff, helmet with grenade buff, and my fist green scout rifle.

Kikarian

There's a seller that's tucked away in the north part of the Tower that sells common, uncommon, and rare emblems for straight glimmer. She's down an alley.

Otherwise, the other emblems usually require ranking up with that vendor before you can get the chance to buy them, and some of them do require you to be level 20 in order to use them.
Thanks a lot! I'll go to the seller.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Well, guess I'm cutting my work day short. Destiny calls. Good thing I'm the boss. See you guys in the Crucible, I need to get better.

Skele7on

Banned
83% sticking so hard.

I don't want to open the App as that caused a crash last time.

Please don't corrupt on me Destiny, I will cry.

ANYONE ON XBOX DON'T OPEN THE APP IT'S A TRAP AND IT WILL CORRUPT YOUR DOWNLOAD. STAY ON DASHBOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom