• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Extinction |OT| Gamepass finds a way

cormack12

Gold Member
fK0Kzs1.png

gWcT0V6.gif

9hJ3Ppg.png

vwhi23Z.jpg

fwsDeu4.png
FXZnOUd.png

qo6oLN3.png

gBizflm.png

rqH72Yz.png

vOBJFwm.png

kdWZWN5.gif

7PEoD7l.png

Ztp4YC5.png

LpDUnY8.png

QMogpVv.png

2y1hM5N.gif

tNcOWlX.jpg

MwzqwaJ.gif

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Is there any type of meta-progression in this game? Like Vermintide 2 for example or is it more along the lines of L4D?

TheMan

Played on steam and refunded a month ago. Shooting didn’t feel very good. I’ll give it another shot on gamepass though, why not

Aion002

Just played one match... Damnnnn what a bad first impression, I could barely see anything in a night stage with snow everywhere, dinos appearing out of the ground and characters non stop talking trying to be cool... Then 3 bigger dinosaurs appeared rolling like Sonic the hedgehog making the camera shake non stop.

I am kinda dizzy now...

Sad Stephen Curry GIF by ESPN

FeldMonster

Just played one match... Damnnnn what a bad first impression, I could barely see anything in a night stage with snow everywhere, dinos appearing out of the ground and characters non stop talking trying to be cool... Then 3 bigger dinosaurs appeared rolling like Sonic the hedgehog making the camera shake non stop.

I am kinda dizzy now...

Sad Stephen Curry GIF by ESPN
How does the gunplay feel?

Aion002

How does the gunplay feel?
Felt fine, very fast paced. There's a FOV slider which is nice.

Even with a shit ton of dinos there was no frame drops or screen tearings (on Series S) and aiming was quite precise...

Overall the shooting reminded me of a mix of Evolved with Doom... Kinda? I think.

Bartski

Gold Member
I just played it for around 1,5h and I'm definitely not done here. First impressions:

I don't think trying to tackle any of the lengthy, multi-objective missions solo is a good idea with hordes the game throws at you, big and small in the mix.

Felt surprisingly hard at times this way, I managed to get halfway with the rifle/shotgun chick and failed.

That's because there is a respawn limit, 3 times dead and it's back to the main menu. There is a self-revive mechanic when you're downed but then seems like you need someone to pull the aggro or you're screwed...

Dinos are fast and surprisingly good at maneuvering the environment and you're constantly chased, ganked and have to push back... but it all kind of works together as a really decent first-person shooter.

Gonna try matchmaking next time, should be really fun in PvE as intended.

Just arrived here to affirm that this is a really solid idea for a game and is absolutely worth a look. My thoughts:

1) Killing dinosaurs en masse is good wholesome fun. This game is very intense when it throws hordes of thunder lizards at you.

2) There is however some heavy chugging going on in this game when the screen is full of dinos. And the lighting seems screwed up in the game. It’s often way to dark and adjusting the gamma does little to help.

3) The quips from the characters after they kill dinos is fan-fucking-tastic. Amir’s character loves to quote movies like Die Hard and Army of Darkness. Enjoy that before the copyright lawyers shut it right the hell down!

4) Taking down a t-rex will make anyone smile, regardless of who they are. Do not attempt to debate me on this irrefutable fact.

5) More diversity of thunder lizards would be nice. Hopefully they add flying dinos and maybe that stupid dino with the dome head that charges at stuff for no apparent reason.

Top Bottom