• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA 3D Classics finally set to release in NA/EU beginning November 28

A friend of mine pointed out that the Genesis version was likely used because it has Parallax scrolling and the arcade version does not. Maybe that was enough of a difference for them to use the Genny port? Certainly is nice to have parallax 2D shown in 3D. 3D Zombie gibs will be missed.

w00zey

There is so much more to Ecco the Dolphin than the first few stages tell you. Sticking with it and pushing past the game's insane difficulty resulted in one of the most rewarding and unique experiences of my gaming life.

I guess I never got that far. I remember just going around mazes confused. I did like going down deep and then rushing to the top and jumping out.

Oh yes. Finally! I'll be getting Space Harrier, Sonic, Streets of Rage, and Shinobi... and maybe Super Hang-On.

Now I just need release dates for the rest of the Game Boy Mega Man titles and I'm all set for 3DS eShop releases for a long time!

rjc571

Banned
I would definitely recommend that anybody new to the Ecco series who picks it up on 3DS plays it in "Super Dolphin" mode. Or at least spams the hell out of the save state feature. The game has really poor controls which make it a nightmare to get through some levels without dying. It's still a good game with nice atmosphere and interesting puzzles, but the controls and difficulty really hold it back.

Yes Boss!

I would definitely recommend that anybody new to the Ecco series who picks it up on 3DS plays it in "Super Dolphin" mode. Or at least spams the hell out of the save state feature. The game has really poor controls which make it a nightmare to get through some levels without dying. It's still a good game with nice atmosphere and interesting puzzles, but the controls and difficulty really hold it back.

You do get to use the circlepad for control as an option. Same really, but somehow makes the controls feel a bit better.

OnPoint

I guess I never got that far. I remember just going around mazes confused. I did like going down deep and then rushing to the top and jumping out.

Yeah, that's about the story for most people. If you're looking to have a really weird time, sit down and play through it. It is a really, really hard game. But it's in a world all its own.

Jesus, finally. It's been almost a full year since they've been delaying the Western release for 3D Space Harrier, and about nine months for the rest of them. I'd love to know why, but I doubt we'll ever find out the drama behind this enormous hold-up.

kuppy

Yeah, finally, pretty happy about that, will pick up Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Sonic and maybe one more.

woodypop

Oh man, next week can't come soon enough! I wonder if Gamestop will let me get my Zelda 3DS XL at tonite's Xbone midnight launch?

Alec

Oh man I had totally forgotten about this.

I can never have enough 3D Classics. This is like the only good thing Sega has done for me recently, honestly kinda surprised.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, the first two are available on the Italian eShop. I want to know, considering I can only pick one of them (just bought Zelda last week :D ): Space-Harrier or Super Hang-On?

DCharlie

Banned
Been raving about Space Harrier 3D since Japanese release. It's essential - plus includes some very nice extras and a nice surprise at the end.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Would love it if they did a retail release of all these games, that would be day zero for me.

bjork

Bought and bought. Gotta go visit relatives so I don't have time to dive into them too much, but as soon as I get back, happytime.

Sapiens

3D Space Harrier, 3D
3D Shinobi III
3D Streets of Rage

Getting these three for sure. Kind of bummed about Sonic being inferior to the remastered edition on iOS.

rjc571

Banned
Space Harrier is ridiculous! The obstacles come out at you way too fast for you to be able to react to them reliably. I only made it to stage 12 before running out of continues.

Khaz

Space Harrier is ridiculous! The obstacles come out at you way too fast for you to be able to react to them reliably. I only made it to stage 12 before running out of continues.

Eh, now imagine playing that without stereoscopy.

RM8

Kind of bummed about Sonic being inferior to the remastered edition on iOS.
I bought the Android version during a sale and I haven't played it. What's so good about it? I'm actually more excited about this version because of 3D and buttons :p

matthwq

Banned
Remember when Nintendo had a demo of Yoshi's Island in 3D waiting for people outside the conference they first unveiled the 3DS at?

sssssiiiiiiiiiiiiggggghhhh.......

I remember that being one of my main reasons to pre-order the damn system. :(

Top Bottom