• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega announces Motorsport Manager release date (Nov 10), min/recommended specs

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.motorsportmanager.com/content/motorsport-manager-release-date-and-minimum-specs

We have been working very hard to ensure Motorsport Manager is as polished as possible for release - and we are happy to announce that the game will officially be launched on PC and Mac on November 10th 2016, and launched on Linux shortly afterwards.

We can also confirm the minimum specifications for each platform below:

Windows
● OS: Microsoft Windows 7/8 (64-bit)
● Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz or AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz
● Memory: 6 GB RAM
● Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB or AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB (Does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Cards)
● DirectX: Version 11
● Network: Broadband Internet connection
● Hard Drive: 15 GB available space

Mac OS X
● OS: OS X 10.10 (64-bit)
● Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz or AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz
● Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB or AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB (Does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Cards)
● Network: Broadband Internet connection
● Hard Drive: 15 GB available space

The original game is fantastic, hopefully this turns out great.

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/app/415200/discussions/0/355043117509918129/?ctp=9#c343787920121756303

Hi Guys.

To answer a few questions, we are aware that there is some concern with the spec being high. As you can imagine, and as some of you have already pointed out, the game is a lot more intensive than the mobile version.

That being said, we are aware that it is high and we are continuing to work on optimisation between now and release to make sure that the game runs well on as broader spectrum of computers as possible - therefore at this stage these are more recommended specs rather than minimum. We will update you with final minimum specs closer to launch.

We'd also like to remind you that you are welcome to try the game through Steam and return it for a refund (if less than 2hrs played) should the game not run on your computer.

EDIT: Here's the updated min specs:

Windows
● OS: Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit)
● Processor: Intel Core i5-650, 3.20GHz or AMD FX-7500 APU, 2.1Ghz
● Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 440, 1 GB or AMD Radeon HD 5670, 1 GB ot Intel HD 5000 Series
● DirectX: Version 11
● Hard Drive: 16GB available space

Mac OS X
● OS: OS X 10.10
● Processor: Intel Core i5, 2.7GHz i5 (2500S) [6 MB on-chip L3 cache]
● Memory: 4 GB RAM
● Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M, [512 MB GDDR5 SDRAM]
● Hard Drive: 16 GB available space

Ruruja

I know it's not officially licensed but you can tell it's heavily inspired by it, so it's weird that they'd release it just before the F1 season ends.

XiaNaphryz

I love the original on mobile, wish they just made a better one of those.

But isn't that what they're trying to do with this version? Or do you mean that this version is moving too much in the hardcore/realism side of things? Because I believe you don't have to dive into that and still play on a more casual level like the original mobile game.

I know it's not officially licensed but you can tell it's heavily inspired by it, so it's weird that they'd release it just before the F1 season ends.

I'd say it's surprising that FOM didn't get their claws into this and license it, but Bernie doesn't understand the Internet enough to offer a streaming package, so...

Ruruja

I'd say it's surprising that FOM didn't get their claws into this and license it, but Bernie doesn't understand the Internet enough to offer a streaming package, so...

Don't you mean try and get it removed? :p

Actually the new owners of F1 said they'd like to expand into digital media & video games, so you never know.

Don't you mean try and get it removed? :p

Actually the new owners of F1 said they'd like to expand into digital media & video games, so you never know.

I mean, there's been a huge gap in the mobile space for the market for years now, but there've been decades worth of F1 console/PC games. And yeah, excited for what the new deal might mean.

Is this the first F1 management game since EA put out F1 Manager back in 2000? I see Steam Workshop support, so if it ends up having support for full team and driver rosters from various years this could be huge. Lol at the minimum specs though, I can run Overwatch fine yet don't reach the minimum for this (560ti).

DD

Hi Guys.

To answer a few questions, we are aware that there is some concern with the spec being high. As you can imagine, and as some of you have already pointed out, the game is a lot more intensive than the mobile version.

That being said, we are aware that it is high and we are continuing to work on optimisation between now and release to make sure that the game runs well on as broader spectrum of computers as possible - therefore at this stage these are more recommended specs rather than minimum. We will update you with final minimum specs closer to launch.

We'd also like to remind you that you are welcome to try the game through Steam and return it for a refund (if less than 2hrs played) should the game not run on your computer.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/415200/discussions/0/355043117509918129/?ctp=9#c343787920121756303

XiaNaphryz

RPS review: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/07/motorsport-manager-review-pc/

Sure, your drivers will punch above their weight from time to time, but most of the work is done before a race begins. Whether you’re fine-tuning the balance of a car during practice laps, building new parts to improve a crucial component, or hiring staff to work with drivers and their vehicles, the ultimate goal is to put the best possible person in the best possible car on the day of a race. Achieving that goal will take you down a long, hard road.

One of Motorsport Manager’s best features is the changing nature of those rules though, and the way that you can influence them to make as uneven a playing field as possible. There are loads of different regulations for each of the three racing divisions and at the end of a season, you can exert influence to try and have them changed to suit your style, your drivers, and your designs, Whether that means locking down parts so they can’t be custom-built, or changing rules around refueling or qualification.

Just as when designing new parts for your cars, with one eye on the demands of upcoming tracks, mucking about with the rules is all about giving your particular set of tools the greatest possible chance of victory. And that’s the heart of Motorsport Manager; it’s a game about understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your team, and deciding whether to bolster the strengths and hide the weaknesses, or to create something more balanced.

Three seasons in, I’m still terrible. When I notice every other car slipping into the pits and realise I probably should have done the same, I panic. Even though races don’t demand constant attention, with speed controls and the ability to pause at any time, the fact that there are usually only three or four major decisions spread across the entire event magnifies the importance of every click. When a driver starts swearing over the radio and expressing concern that you’re not looking out for him/her – that’s a rotten feeling.

Motorsport Manager is all about numbers, and they’re displayed explicitly, but there’s plenty of character in the personalities of your crew. Most drivers are easy to handle but sometimes egos get in the way of a good race strategy and it’s even possible to cause upsets when allocating newly designed parts. Favouritism doesn’t go down well.

I’m unlikely to be hooked on Motorsport Manager for the rest of the year, as will be the case with Football Manager, but that’s mostly because I don’t particularly care for real life racing. It’s far from impenetrable if you don’t understand the sport itself though and the pit stops are a more immediately responsive tactical instruction than anything in Football Manager, which gives a good sense of direct control. Success is hard-won, a process of long hours developing headquarters and parts, as well as finding the right staff, but failure can be the result of a momentary loss of control or courage.

It’s a tough game, in which I often feel like I’m grinding my way toward the top rather than discovering brilliant new tactics or innovative strategies. That makes me feel a little distant from my team, and makes this a game to play while burning through podcasts in the background rather than to focus all of my attention on, but I’m enjoying the challenge. I feel like I earn my victories and the disasters are usually my fault as well. It’s hard to escape the sense that I’m always reacting, whether to the weather or the placement of a particular track on the calendar, rather than creating a team with an identity of my own choosing. Maybe that’s because I’m a terrible Motorsport Manager, but I think it might just be part of the job.

XeUyT1V.jpg

Ay4jaA0.jpg

2YmWGe3.jpg

tHPdIyR.jpg

EGik2iX.jpg

wIm4Na7.jpg

p5XAW4i.jpg

zFryuob.jpg

Top Bottom