• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Atlus announces E3 line-up

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I keep forgetting that Sega bought Atlus. Shin Megami Tensei and Sonic are owned by the same company.

Weird.

Almost all the major Japanese publishers are merged entities.

Bandai Namco
Koei Tecmo
Sega Atlus
Konami Hudson
Square Enix (Eidos Taito)

Only Capcom is still standalone compared to its start. I guess we could include Level-5 in that list at this point, but they're a relatively new entity.

Peroroncino

Games:

• Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
  • Yakuza Kiwami

giphy.gif

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I guess Switch support will be discussed at TGS or not. I don't really want to play Strange Journey on my 3ds. Not port begging per se, I think an SJ port for 3DS is a good thing (any way to get more MegaTen out into the world is net positive for me), just hoping the stellar 3DS support from Atlus is carried forward at some point.

More Yakuza is always beautiful tho

Xiao Hu

Bandai Namco
Koei Tecmo
Sega Atlus
Konami Hudson

Only Capcom is still standalone compared to its start. I guess we could include Level-5 in that list at this point, but they're a relatively new entity.

I wouldn't really call Sega/Atlus and Konami/Hudson merged entities. Both Atlus and Hudson were acquired and are not equal/minor partners in these relationships, plus if I remember correctly Atlus still enjoys a lot of freedom from Sega.

That being said I wonder how long Capcom can remain independent. Fanfiction: In case they don't get acquired by a Korean/Chinese company, a merger with Sega would be neat. I want to see both companies more proactive and prominent. The rest of the Japanese publishers simply don't do much for me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wouldn't really call Sega/Atlus and Konami/Hudson merged entities. Both Atlus and Hudson were acquired and are not equal/minor partners in these relationships, plus if I remember correctly Atlus still enjoys a lot of freedom from Sega.

That being said I wonder how long Capcom can remain independent. Fanfiction: In case they don't get acquired by a Korean/Chinese company, a merger with Sega would be neat. I want to see both companies more proactive and prominent. The rest of the Japanese publishers simply don't do much for me.

Hudson was largely gutted, yes, but the Atlus acquisition is pretty equivalent to Square Enix buying Eidos.

Bandai Namco also seemed to have split responsibilities and command chains for the longest time.

Xiao Hu

Hudson was largely gutted, yes, but the Atlus acquisition is pretty equivalent to Square Enix buying Eidos.

Bandai Namco also seemed to have split responsibilities and command chains for the longest time.

True. Mainly comes from their previous business areas since Bandai is a toymaker/publishing house for manga/anime. Enix also brought in a publishing segment when they merged with Square, I guess they still manage it even though that branch has also been renamed into SE if I remember correctly.

Mar Nosso

Banned
I see no new and proper Shining game in there. I tune out.

Edit: SEGA, Fire Emblem needs competition. You can provide it in spades if you assign the right people to this incredible franchise. Get to work.

SEGA live and die on Atlus games (which in my brain, I never really associate as "SEGA" games, honestly), Sonic games (which I definitely do) and Yakuza (which is easily the best thing SEGA Japan make nowadays, no competition there) nowadays.

Fingers crossed for Shenmue HD as well though.

DJIzana

All I care about is Yakuza 6 and Project Re: Fantasy (Re: Fantasy obviously won't be there) or any new game announcements. Hopefully they'll announce something new on Sony's stage and, hopefully, it'll involve something with Phantasy Star!

Not bad. Sega atlus is one of those company mergers I was all for because I've always held them both in high regard. Glad to see this line up.

Yakuza 6 baby! Absolutely loving 0 right now, so I'm excited to see what big shake-ups to the formula the new graphics engine brings.

Plus Beat Takeshi.

Aters

Bandai Namco
Koei Tecmo
Sega Atlus
Konami Hudson

Capcom Level 5

Make it happen! L5 can teach Capcom how to make money, Capcom can teach L5 how to make game.

Shin

Banned
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Yakuza Kiwami
Sonic Forces
Sonic Mania

In order of importance to me, Sega doing good business (they have so many IP's I wished they'd reboot).

I know some of y'all are playin', but in all seriousness, anything new Persona related will probably be revealed on August 2 when Atlus has their next Persona live concert.

lavarock

Neo Member
Pretty exciting lineup, although wish Sega/Atlus would announce some new game or even revisiting some buried IPs.

Virtua fighter 6 and Persona 2 remake?

Epcott

I guess MegaTen Switch will more than likely show up at TGS. Oh well, more Yakuza is a wonderful thing.

Top Bottom