• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega should make a Virtual-On compilation for Wii

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Because that would rock!

Virtual-On: Cyber Troopers, Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram, Virtual-On: Force, and heck even Virtual-On: Marz all on one disc......mmmm, love!

Two Wii remotes would mimic the Virtual-On Twinstick controls....yay!

Do it Sega!

^_^

All you'd really need is 2 and Force, since 2 makes the first one obsolete and Force is different and doesn't suck like Marz. A compilation would be cool, though....I'd kinda rather have a VF compilation first.

Terrell

You've said it's a good idea. The idea is now doomed. Sega has NEVER been able to follow through on what most of us consider a blatantly obvious good idea.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
do you have any concept of how badly a couple free-floating wands would simulate a pair of digital joysticks? well, obviously not, but...they'd be massively worse than the twin analog sticks that are already on every joypad. which i think would do a pretty poor job themselves. i don't know. i didn't have the heart to try marz.

it's also unclear that the waggle wand can pretend to be a lightgun. but as long as we're suggesting sega arcade ports that wouldn't remotely work on wii, they should do a wii version of manx tt where you sit on the wand and spin. it'd be so realistic.

icecream said:
I thought Marz was essentially a port of Force.

Just VO:OT please.
A slower, two-player only conversion, yeah... God, it felt like the game was literally bugged due to what I remember being slow-as-**** speed. VO: OT is still the best edition of the game, yes.

Oh Good I was counting the days until somebody made a thread about games that should be on Wii even though it would make no freaking sense.

Two remotes without a base is useless...I'm sorry but it is. If Sega wants to make a VO compilation I'm all for it, but they should bundle Twin Sticks with it.

Tain

Seriously, this would be impossible to control.

A slower, two-player only conversion, yeah... God, it felt like the game was literally bugged due to what I remember being slow-as-**** speed. VO: OT is still the best edition of the game, yes.

Was Marz really slower than Force? I'm really, really curious about that, but I can't exactly play Force.

Marz kinda worries me into thinking that Force wasn't that great in the first place, even looking past the bad port.

bjork said:
I agree with this man
I agree with his agreement.
gutter_trash said:
they should make:

Virtual On
Samba De Amigo
House OF The Dead series
Virtua Cop 3
Nights 2
Don't forget Ghost Squad, Virtua Cop 3 is already out in arcades. It sure could use a home port.
543_1_s.jpg

543_2_s.jpg

cabinet2.jpg

TreIII

icecream said:
I thought Marz was essentially a port of Force.

Just VO:OT please.

Not quite...Marz was basically a mess that tried to have a sort of Armored Core-esque story mode, while Force actually adhered more to the classic formula, and just made it 2 on 2. That, and the fact that Force wasn't bogged down with so many friggin' clones of Temjin and etc., which only served to fill up the roster instead of adding anything new to the game. In my opinion, Marz is best left to be in the "did that really happen?" category. Either that, or you can blame it on Superboy Prime. :lol

But any way...considering that Force wasn't that much of an upgrade, I'd say the money would be better invested in just making a new game, and possibly throw in the older games as vintage extras. Besides, with a company like Sega...if you don't find a good way to keep them moving forward, they'll never evolve...

Tain said:
Was Marz really slower than Force? I'm really, really curious about that, but I can't exactly play Force.

Marz kinda worries me into thinking that Force wasn't that great in the first place, even looking past the bad port.
From memory, it sure felt like it to me. It's been about three or so years, though. I wouldn't place (what I played of) Force above OT, but it didn't feel like Marz at all to me. At first, it was almost intangibly squishy-slow...but it started to bug me that it was somehow off in speed after some playtime in the story mode is what I remember.

I despise Marz. The story-mode is maybe six hours long but I swore it took 30.
At least Sega is working on an arcade-perfect port of Virtual On for their PS2 Sega Ages series. I still need me some twin sticks though. Dual Analog is fine for awhile until your thumbs are rendered useless from constant jump cancels.

beat

_dementia said:
How about a single 'mote and 'chuck?

There are only 4 action buttons.

VO:OT chords the buttons in every possible combination. It's tough enough on the twin sticks, and harder on the pads. I think it might be even harder to maintain the mental map of the twinstick's buttons to the wiimote+chuk: one hand would have two fingers on the triggers of the chuk, while the other would have one finger on the wiimote's trigger and one on some face button.

jarrod

Banned
An all new VO would make some more sense... the Wii setup does look rather appealing for tank games though. Looks appealing for gun games and rail shooters as well imo.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I own two pair of the Saturn Twin Sticks. Holy shit was that game awesome.

VO:OT is by far the better game... thank god my twin sticks worked for that too.

As someone who spent WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too much time with these games, trust me, this wouldnt work. You need a base.. It would be akin to saying they should use the wiimote as a joystick for fighting games.

border

Yeah, sounds like a bad idea to me. It'd be really loose analog controls for a game that requires really tight digital controls.

Top Bottom