• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega threatens legal action against YTMND

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Good luck with that Sega of Europe. YTMND contains NOTHING but parody and fair use, as far as I can tell.

Parody is easily protected speech.

halo-letsdance.jpg

Branduil

Stinkles said:
Good luck with that Sega of Europe. YTMND contains NOTHING but parody and fair use, as far as I can tell.

halo-letsdance.jpg

Finally a Halo game made for me!

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
I predict a ytmnd where the time traveller goes back in time to ruin sega or something. Or Marty and doc prevent sega lawsuit.

Surreal

I laughed at the song, good stuff. :lol

Someone get that rape time Sonic pic in here.

edit; 2007 will be epic.

Bildi

In their letter SEGA says:

"The Sonic the Hedgehog series is one of the world's most popular game series and continues to be exploited and distributed."

Sums up their games nicely.

castle007

Banned
Bildi said:

"The Sonic the Hedgehog series is one of the world's most popular game series and continues to be exploited and distributed."

yeah, I read that and I started laughing

Ranger X

What the hell is happening today here? 2007 will be the year of hilarity or something? I'm just getting out of that IGN pwned thread and the NPD thread too. :lol :lol

The legal letter also states that they should give the website to Sega. What are they going to do with a bunch of parodies? Nobody knoooows...

Sean

Banned
Bildi said:

:lol :lol

Branduil

Bartman3010 said:
The legal letter also states that they should give the website to Sega. What are they going to do with a bunch of parodies? Nobody knoooows...

They'll give the site a bunch of furry friends.

And then YTMND dies, but is brought back to life by the love of a human woman.

Or it could be a man. Sega is hip and modern like that.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
DZK is awesome, he's made a number of different raps based on YTMND fads. Hilarious stuff.

Holy GOD, that's the greatest response EVER. :lol :lol :lol

"You didn't hear Star Fox complaining about the barrel roll: 'Oh God, their using our barrel roll!'"

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Stinkles said:

halo-letsdance.jpg

no...no.....NOOOOOEEEEEE!! Please, aaaaahhh!, please, please....awww.....the pain.....

*Me using the 360's d-pad on a wiimote...*

Ah legal action and YTMND. It's funny how something low key that would probably would have been missed by most people will now spin out into long lasting Web meme now. Who remembers YTMND's absolute ASSAULT on Scientology? Good times.

You're just makin' it worse for yourself Sega. Shut up and take it like a man, not some whiny ****ing hedgehog.

Edit: Glorious!
9c19f5736d4d110abea8846kb0.gif

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
Fuvk sega, that song is better than like the last bunch of sonic games combined.

"oh god, there makin fuked up jokes about teh barrel rolls!"

:lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom