• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega to release Dreamcast Collection for 360/PS3

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Fantasy Final said:
Radiant Silvergun is already coming to XBLA
ohh this has jsut refreshed my memory about this game coming over that and Bangai-o HD ohh roll on 2011 :D

Big One

Banned
Well if Sega is worth a damn, they'll include a shitload of solid titles and scale them to HD resolution and shit.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Big One said:
Well if Sega is worth a damn, they'll include a shitload of solid titles and scale them to HD resolution and shit.
Guys, come on. This is SEGA.

If there's anything beyond Virtual On, Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi on this thing, consider yourselves lucky.

Roto13

Even if this somehow manages to be something other than the PSN/XBLA versions of Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi on a disc, it won't be more than a few games. Don't expect anything huge like those Genesis compilations.

SmokyDave

I got really excited when I saw the thread title.

Then I got really sad because I figured it couldn't mean what I wanted it to mean.

Then I wondered why I gave a shit. My Dreamcast owns my HDTVs VGA port and it ain't moving any time soon.

Mama Robotnik said:
Megadrive collection -> ... -> Dreamcast collection.

For gods sake Sega, you skipped a generation and missed the most important collection of all.
Amen.

Mind you, my Saturn occupies my only Scart socket with majestic grace. Still, it'd be nice to see these titles released for the good of other gamers.

digita1alchemy said:
Alien Front Online with online multiplayer, please.
If they don't include a lime green mic head no deal. I remember rigging Net Zero on my DC and playing AFO a ton.

Also, I assume this collection has Draconis: Cult of the Wurm? BEst DC game by far.

Zizbuka

Banned
legend166 said:
They need to stop putting out games no one cares about and put out Skies of Arcadia on this thing.

No more Sonic Adventures or Crazy Taxi.

You could play Skies on the Wii...... Evolution too. :D

RPGCrazied

For teh love of god. SKIES OF ARCADIA! With trophies. I'm guessing these aren't going to be in HD, but who knows. That's all I want from you Sega.

Colocho

Banned
I've never played the Shenmue games and I'd really love to so I could understand the love it gets here, so if those 2 are included somehow, I'm in.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
RPGCrazied said:
For teh love of god. SKIES OF ARCADIA! With trophies. I'm guessing these aren't going to be in HD, but who knows. That's all I want from you Sega.

I'd take Skies of Arcadia on anything. I have no hope so I'll have to track down the Cube version someday, but it's hard to find a decent copy.

RPGCrazied

Snuggler said:
I'd take Skies of Arcadia on anything. I have no hope so I'll have to track down the Cube version someday, but it's hard to find a decent copy.

Man, you just don't know how much I love SoA. I'd pay $60 just for that game. Just be in 16x9, don't even need trophies.

Please Sega?

Dabanton

Snuggler said:

Seriously i almost cried when i quite by chance saw a copy of SoA for DC for £15 in Gamestation's retro section earlier this year. One of the only games i've ever regretted selling off.

Tomasooie

LiquidMetal14 said:
Sonic Adventure, Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi, Shenmue 1/2, House of the Dead 2, Virtua Fighter 3TB, Sega Rally, Daytona USA Online, and Flag to Flag. Then we talk.
notworksafe said:
Nice!

Here's my wishlist:

Crazy Taxi
Skies of Arcadia
Jet Set Radio
Space Channel 5
Blue Stinger
Virtua Tennis
Shenmue 1+2
D2
Sega Bass Fishing
Seaman
Samba de Amigo
Sega GT
House of the Dead 2

Yeah, I know many of these won't make it in.
Just in case you don't know, on XBLA/PSN: Sonic Adventure is available now, Crazy Taxi is coming soon (tonight on PSN, next week on XBLA), and Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing are slated for early 2011. On Wii you can grab Sonic Adventure DX and Crazy Taxi for GameCube and play those, and there's also a Wii port of Sega Bass Fishing. Crazy Taxi and both Space Channel 5 games are on PS2 -- together on a special edition in NA, seperately in EU, with Part 2 only seeing a limited promo release (making it quite rare).

House of the Dead 2 is an unlockable on House of the Dead 3 Xbox, which is backwards compatible on 360, and is also available on Wii via House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return.

Shenmue II is backwards compatible on 360.

Samba de Amigo was remade for the Wii (controls take some getting used to), and Skies of Arcadia was ported to GameCube, playable on Wii (extra content, downgraded music quality).

Some alternatives for other games: Jet Set Radio Future (backwards compatible on 360), Sega GT 2002/Online (backwards compatible on 360), Sega Rally Revo/Sega Rally (360/PS3/PC), Virtua Fighter 5 (360/PS3), and Virtua Tennis 3 (360/PS3).

*phew*

Paracelsus said:
What's the % chance that XBLA-exclusives from Sega (VOOT, Ikaruga) would get released on both collection discs instead?
Ikaruga isn't from Sega, so 5% (they could've licensed it from Treasure), and VOOT is an arcade port, so 50% (they wouldn't care about those minor details).

The Faceless Master said:
and how about the other half of OutRun 2?
Er...that's not a Dreamcast game.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The Faceless Master said:
since Chu Chu Rocket was mentioned..

OutTrigger

and how about the other half of OutRun 2?

fuck yeah forgot out this ,thanks for reminding me I love you man :D

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Colocho said:
I've never played the Shenmue games and I'd really love to so I could understand the love it gets here, so if those 2 are included somehow, I'm in.

you might not get the same impression from them now, as we did back then just try and forget everything you knew about gaming and aproach with a fresh mind, I still lvoe the real time combat Virtua Fighter Style ohh and the way you learn new moves in the park :D shit I think that's waht got me into it was the real time fights that and the arcade and fork lift racing and SAILORS........SHENMUE THREEEEEEEEEE WHERE AREEEE YOU!>!>!!!>!>!>!>>??

Lebron

cosmicblizzard said:
SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIESDE OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA SKIES OF ARCADIA

It better be in there.
Only if they lower the random battles! No game should have that frequent amount, that's just cruel.

notworksafe

Tomasooie said:
Just in case you don't know, on XBLA/PSN: Sonic Adventure is available now, Crazy Taxi is coming soon (tonight on PSN, next week on XBLA), and Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing are slated for early 2011. On Wii you can grab Sonic Adventure DX and Crazy Taxi for GameCube and play those, and there's also a Wii port of Sega Bass Fishing. Crazy Taxi and both Space Channel 5 games are on PS2 -- together on a special edition in NA, seperately in EU, with Part 2 only seeing a limited promo release (making it quite rare).
Did not know any of these things. Thanks for the heads up! I think I may get Crazy taxi tonight, depending on how much it is. I'm assuming $15?

Elios83

It will probably be a collection of minor (shitty) titles. Nevertheless there will be people expecting Shenmue 1&2, Jet Set Radio and Skies of Arcadia in a single package XD

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Please to be putting Border Down in this collection, Sega. It's one of the few reasons I still break out ye olde Dreamcast on occasion.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Geek said:
Guys, come on. This is SEGA.

If there's anything beyond Virtual On, Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi on this thing, consider yourselves lucky.

I'm sure Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi will be two of the titles. Maybe Ikaruga as the third?

Roto13

Lebron said:
Only if they lower the random battles! No game should have that frequent amount, that's just cruel.
I played the GameCube version and got so fed up with the damn random battles that I quit at the ice area. Then I read that the GameCube version already has a lower rate of random encounters than the Dreamcast version. How anyone can stand it is beyond me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Lebron said:
SoAL wasn't as bad I thought. And the random battles seemed to decrease in frequency once you got past South Ocean.

Nairume

Banned
Roto13 said:
I played the GameCube version and got so fed up with the damn random battles that I quit at the ice area. Then I read that the GameCube version already has a lower rate of random encounters than the Dreamcast version. How anyone can stand it is beyond me.
We played enough 8/16-bit JRPGs? :shrug:

XiaNaphryz said:
SoAL wasn't as bad I thought. And the random battles seemed to decrease in frequency once you got past South Ocean.
With the port's decreased encounter rate and the accessory that cuts it down even further, it kind of becomes a non-issue fairly early on.

leng jai

RedSwirl said:
Well you already got Virtua Tennis 2009... but then again I would love me some HD Kafelnikov.

I actually meant VT2. 2009's gameplay is poor compared to VT2 (which is the pinnacle of the series). Its funny that VT3 was 1080p and then somehow 2009 got downgraded to 720p even though it doesn't look any better.

Koralsky

I bet the games in the this collection will be the ones that we receive on PSN/XBLA.

In other words - Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing.

The last two titles are slated for early 2011 PSN/XBLA releases.

The two released Dreamcast games so far cost 10$, so for $29.99 you'll get one game for free.

Also, if we count Sonic Adventure DLC disk edition is 15$ cheaper than PSN/XBLA releases.

Top Bottom