• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega's Back. Amazing Island ... eeeh?

Head on over to IGN to check out teh_kiddy looking new Amazing Island. The cutesy japanese look is very reminiscent of Billy Hatcher.. Speech bubbles look very very Animal Crossing. What the hell are they doing? SEGA is the new gay.

Image Gallery

amazing-island-20040616044257123.jpg

amazing-island-20040616044351074.bmp

arter_2

isnt this the one where u can creat ur own monster. i saw some videos a while back of them making monsters it looked pretty cool.

From what I've seen and played, it also kicks total ass and should make for a great sleeper party-game hit!

Gay kiddie games for LIFE!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreenGiant said:
Head on over to IGN to check out teh_kiddy looking new Amazing Island. The cutesy japanese look is very reminiscent of Billy Hatcher.. Speech bubbles look very very Animal Crossing. What the hell are they doing? SEGA is the new gay.
This game isn't new. It's been out in Japan for some time now.

And it looks like it could be pretty cool to me (cool in the "oh hey this is fun" kind of way and not the "oh hey this has enough blood and profanity to be socially acceptable" kind of way).

ourumov

The game looks cool... My radar didn't detect it.

BTW, what happened with that Chihiro Beattle game ? Beatle King or sth like this...

jarrod

Banned
This game is from Ancient (Yuzo Koshiro's development company) actually, Sega is just the publisher (and Hitmaker supervised iirc).

Sonic Heroes 2 would be nice. I'd also take another Sonic Adventure along the lines of the original but with some stages inspired by Sonic Heroes and of course better graphics technology.
Sonic Team's next project is Astro Boy?
I hope that doesn't suck.
Btw, I actually enjoyed heroes.
I'm not sure about THIS one though. The Billy Hatcheresque design marks it for sure to flop status

Mashing

While I'm not interested in the title at all, it is a sad state of affairs when a game like this is automatically going to be a failure... Just like that one EGM article stumbled on... todays kids wouldn't know a classic game if floated out of the sky landed in their hands and spelled it out on a birthday cake. Who knows, this game could be good but it's doomed before it was even concieved.

I'd probably hurt some kid if he said Mario 3 sucked.

Well seeing these screens makes me want to pick up Billy Hatcher now that it's on the cheap.
But I'm not sure I'd ever buy THIS game unless it was really good, which I guess could be possible, and personally I don't mind the fruity graphics.

Top Bottom