• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro Final Fight

I wish I could help you, but it's been months since I last played Sekiro. I will tell you that as an averagely skilled person at games I was eventually able to beat Genichiro and the first form of Isshin without taking any damage consistently. Just keep beating your head at it until it turns into muscle memory.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Spoilers in this thread as it's the final boss in the game. That's the warning.

Sorry for new thread, but too many concurrent conversations in OT and too many spoilers talking in depth about the final boss.

I've been at this for a few hours and I honestly can't see myself beating him. I feel like I'm just really bad at this or am going about it the completely wrong way.

The fight is 4 phases. I'm honestly not even getting to the second phase consistently and I've only seen the third phase twice, I who knows how many attempts.

I'll take any advice anyone has. Not finishing the game will drive me nuts. At the same time, I'm not having fun. I almost never stop before finishing a game, but I'm tempted to.

So any advice from those who have completed the game. I've already tried "Git Gud". Its not activating.
Took me well over 30 tries to beat him.

So here is what you do for his moves.
Start of fight run in dodge his mortal slash twice. DO NOT ATTACK. Fight like normal after that. Make sure you jump his low slash and counter with normal air attack (i.e. dont jump off his body.) Make you sure you counter his thrust with B or circle. Repeat until the transformation.

2nd phase. Sword only
For this i will describe the attack and generally how to defend/dodge.

Blocking is your friend here. Only heal when you enough distance to parry his lunge attack. Sidestep and slash or parry for the poise damage. You can bait him to do this on flasks, not pellets.

When you initiate attack assume he will block and counter. You'll get two swipes at the most then be ready to parry 2-4 times. Be patient.

Gunshot attack
He will jump backwards first then start shooting. Parry all shots and dodge and slash the lunge.

4 fold attack
He will attack 4 times will odd timing. Learn that pattern and parry them all before attacking

Whirlwind slash
He charges up doing a wide and far reaching slash. Stay close, watch his shoulder. He twitches a split second before swinging. Parry perfectly or you will take block damage.

Sword in sheathe attack
He will put sword in sheathe, dashing forward and does two attacks. BACK UP. Go just outside his max range. Dodge and slash to punish. Good time to heal as well.

Sword Thrust
Mikiri Counter this. there is a wide window but if he has high health you will dodge under his strike as opposed to stomping on the sword. Just be mindful this and slash to counter afterwards if this happens.

Ill edit this post in a bit to add the rest.

3rd Phase Sword and Spear
**First off, I should mention that you can keep damaging the boss after you exhaust the 2nd phase if you're fast enough. Eventually he will push you back and pull out his spear but this can get you a head start on this phase

Boss will still have some attacks from his last form but with more range due to the spear.

4 fold attack
Parry all attacks. Simple. Very little opportunity to counter. Trying will likely get you punished.

Jump back with slash/gunshots or lunging strike
Parry the jump slash, then be ready for either gunshots or lunging vertical strike. Dodge and Slash if his health is high. If more than half way down, parry.

Mikiri Counter his thrust. Best opportunity for poise damage. He gives you a damn year to counter it.

Final form: Sword and Lightning Spear
Same attacks but now with lightning. The hardes tattck to dodge was his jump back slash with the lightning. Blocking will still get you electrocuted, TIME YOUR DODGE TO THE LEFT. It works, you just gotta practice it. When you're good at it the rest of the fight is easy.

Hopes this helps. Good luck Vawn.

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
Took me 30 + tries as well. but now its done I know i can go back and do it again in 2-3 tries. Its just learning his patterns and move set. Learn what you need to do for each move and it its starts to sink in. Then the whole 4 phases become sort of a transient experience. You need to be in the zone in the mind to pull it off.

Thoroughly enjoyed this game. it isnt dark souls and never was. Its a game about sitting in the pocket of the enemies attacks. Dark souls is about dodging away from the pocket. There is a kind of dance that appears out of Sekiro that ive never experienced before. Its great. It truly is a mastery of skill game. Once you run back through the game after beating the saint nothing really can touch you and you demolish everything. That says something about how far you have come. Where in souls there is a bit of this but leveling and build have alot to do with it. In Sekiro i rarely used any skills or items. The main is Mikiri counter, and possibly a purple thing for those ghosts. Thats it. Pure parry, mikiri and jump. That is all you need.

Keep coming back, you will beat him. You need ot have a failproof answer to each one of his attacks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You've gotta pick up the sword weapon first, then it's smooth sailing from there

97799-final-fight-snes-screenshot-final-fight-guy-after-disarming.png

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It's just shit funny seeing people complain about Sekiro but it takes one thing. Dedication. Dark Souls players getting destroyed cuz Isshin is designed for you to have actually learned the mechanics meanwhile with Gwyn you can just backhand his sword attacks with a hit box the size of an elephant. Smh.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's just shit funny seeing people complain about Sekiro but it takes one thing. Dedication. Dark Souls players getting destroyed cuz Isshin is designed for you to have actually learned the mechanics meanwhile with Gwyn you can just backhand his sword attacks with a hit box the size of an elephant. Smh.
I Also think most Souls players rely on co-op for most tough bosses while in Sekiro just have to tough it out learn bosses attack patterns and their mechanics.

Top Bottom