• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selective Service System: 'Not getting ready to conduct a draft for Armed Forces'

Status
Not open for further replies.

doncale

Banned
www.sss.gov

Notice

Notwithstanding recent stories in the news media and on the Internet, Selective Service is not getting ready to conduct a draft for the U.S. Armed Forces -- either with a special skills or regular draft. Rather, the Agency remains prepared to manage a draft if and when the President and the Congress so direct. This responsibility has been ongoing since 1980 and is nothing new. Further, both the President and the Secretary of Defense have stated on more than one occasion that there is no need for a draft for the War on Terrorism or any likely contingency, such as Iraq. Additionally, the Congress has not acted on any proposed legislation to reinstate a draft. Therefore, Selective Service continues to refine its plans to be prepared as is required by law, and to register young men who are ages 18 through 25.

old probably, yet highly interesting. hmmm

hey, I cant resist!

sahhaf_denies_saddam_capture_large.jpg

Pimpwerx

A draft will mean political death for all who vote for it. It'll never happen. Speaking of which, I carried that stupid SSS card around with my for years like a fool. It's not like I would have reported for any draft either. I don't even know if they prosecute people who fail to register for the SSS. PEACE.

Seth C

Pimpwerx said:
A draft will mean political death for all who vote for it. It'll never happen. Speaking of which, I carried that stupid SSS card around with my for years like a fool. It's not like I would have reported for any draft either. I don't even know if they prosecute people who fail to register for the SSS. PEACE.

I'm not sure if they come after you, but just hope you don't ever need ANY government aid (food stamps, loans, financial aid for school) and don't plan on working for any level of government.

Pimpwerx

Seth: Oh, all that stuff is linked to the SSS? I didn't know. I know the card said that you're supposed to carry it with you, and that anyone 18-25 HAS to register. I did, but I never knew it involved anything else except the draft. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom