• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate GOP won't release draft health care bill

I feel at this point they are ultimately going to go with the "just do nothing' approach. Especially with mid terms coming up. If they keep ACA defunded and just let it be they can keep with their tactic of sabotaging ACA themselves but not being called out on it. They probably believe they can get away with still blaming ACA and the dems for the state of healthcare even though they are completely in charge. To them it may be the only move they have left.

Nope, they're going to pass this shitshow, just wait.

Ponn

Banned
If they do nothing, they will get blamed for it by the public. There have been polls that have repeatedly said the GOP owns Healthcare going forward.

Not putting a whole lot of faith in polls. Especially in the American public with the memory of a goldfish.

Nope, they're going to pass this shitshow, just wait.

I actually hope they do. We have to accept the hard truth that no matter what people are going to be fucked with Healthcare. At least if the GOP passes their shitty bill they will not have the Dems or the ACA to hide behind, it will 100% be theirs to own.

Not putting a whole lot of faith in polls. Especially in the American public with the memory of a goldfish.

Polls have the highest approval rating at 20%. People are surprisingly more memory oriented when something will affect them directly.

I actually hope they do. We have to accept the hard truth that no matter what people are going to be fucked with Healthcare. At least if the GOP passes their shitty bill they will not have the Dems or the ACA to hide behind, it will 100% be theirs to own.

You shouldn't hope they do. In the end, they are going to blame the Dems either way. There's no reason to wish 23 million get kicked off their health care and the rich get a massive tax cut for no reason just to make some kind of point.

Nephtis

So how about the Democrats create their own bill fixing some of the things republicans hate about ACA while continuing coverage and help for all those millions of Americans? I mean, have something both parties can work with.

Using the American people as hostages just so they get a vote or two is just disgusting.

btrboyev

So how about the Democrats create their own bill fixing some of the things republicans hate about ACA while continuing coverage and help for all those millions of Americans? I mean, have something both parties can work with.

Using the American people as hostages just so they get a vote or two is just disgusting.

Lol.

The Beast of Both Side Awakens

Shaanyboi

Banned

L
O
L

Raxus

so is this like a repeat of when the Dems passed their bill and it was over 1000 pages and nobody read that either?

Except that was always available to the public it was just 1000 pages of legalize (for proper legislation mind you) that made people not read it/wildly misinterpret its contents.

so is this like a repeat of when the Dems passed their bill and it was over 1000 pages and nobody read that either?

No, because the ACA at least had hearings and was available to be read. Republicans aren't even doing that much.

The Republicans oppose the idea that global warming exists because Democrats pointed it out first. They aren't going to accept a single thing the Democrats give them, so yes, Republicans are pretty disgusting.

BADMAN

there is still no way they are getting a bill through the house and senate unless they whip the shit out of the freedom caucaus guys

The Democrat plan is "let's not take healthcare away from 20 million people"

I'm not sure what's objectionable with that

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Samething, rename it ReagenCare

Both sides propaganda. What compels people?

The whole reason why we had to settle for ACA was because Republicans were being difficult bastards about anything better.

Nephtis

I get that, but goddamn. I'm just tired of the whole argument of who gets what out.

Just fix ACA. I'm sure they can work it so they can all get a piece of that pie.

Nephtis

Gotta get the dems in power to fix it. Republicans want far more taken away than the mandate.

Right, but it'd be nice to at least see the Dems produce something so they can say "hey, we tried". the whole just let the other side hang and wait until it's out so we can pounce on it got pretty old already.

I get that, but goddamn. I'm just tired of the whole argument of who gets what out.

Just fix ACA. I'm sure they can work it so they can all get a piece of that pie.

That's the thing. Republicans never cared about "fixing" the ACA. They want tax cuts for the wealthy and this is the fastest way to do it. If they cared about healthcare, they wouldn't be trying to pass something like the ACHA.

At the same time, I really don't know how they'll spin the loss of insurance among their constituents. Maybe they think their base is too stupid or too stubborn to vote against them regardless.

Right, but it'd be nice to at least see the Dems produce something so they can say "hey, we tried". the whole just let the other side hang and wait until it's out so we can pounce on it got pretty old already.

They did try. They offered to help improve the ACA on two separate occasions. This not on them.

numble

There are no votes on a bill unless the majority of the majority party agrees to put it to a vote.

This sort of nonsense is how Republicans can do what they do.

Link

The Autumn Wind
That's the thing. Republicans never cared about "fixing" the ACA. They want tax cuts for the wealthy and this is the fastest way to do it. If they cared about healthcare, they wouldn't be trying to pass something like the ACHA.

At the same time, I really don't know how they'll spin the loss of insurance among their constituents. Maybe they think their base is too stupid or too stubborn to vote against them regardless.
They do think that. And they're right.

Top Bottom