• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Peach Ball interview with producer Mr. Takagi ("Please aim the boobs")

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Via 4gamer.net

005.jpg

An excerpt of the Google translation below:

Where's the hardest point in making a pinball that seems to be "Senran Kagura"?

Mr. Takagi :
I like pinball very much, so I thought that I wanted to do it someday. But, because the rules are difficult, I hope to get catchy by matching with Kagura. For example, in the part about where to hit the ball, it is easy to understand and feel like Kagura feeling like "Please aim the boobs ."

Normally, there are no moving objects on the pinball table, so we thought about how to establish it as a game.

This time, five characters including Asuka and Snow Bounty will appear, but please tell us the reason why you chose them.

Mr. Takagi : Of course, there is a desire to put out everyone, but I selected it as my character's preference and your desire, and then a character matching the game nature of pinball.

How is the reaction of overseas fans, especially fans in the country where pinball games are common?

Mr. Takagi : I was surprised at the feeling that "Japan's idea is crazy!" Or "This is not normal!" I think that I also expect. Since overseas fans are also increasing in recent years, I'm happy if you can react "PEACH BALL Senran Kagura" little by little.

Not much info in the article as a whole, though the game pretty much speaks for itself. I'm looking forward to impressions of the JP release; and assuming they're generally positive, I'll probably import a copy.

iconmaster

Banned
The trailer has you bouncing a character's breasts with the pinball paddles.

This is definitely getting censored on PS4.

For what it's worth, Peach Ball: Senran Kagura is currently only announced for the Switch and will see its release relatively soon on December 13, 2018.

CatCouch

Looks pretty sweet to me! Good to see acknowledgement of overseas fans. I'll buy it if it gets released in the west which I assume it will since Nintendo has been kind to these games and Reflexions released here!

Hopefully more devs will move to the Switch.

Blam

For what it's worth, Peach Ball: Senran Kagura is currently only announced for the Switch and will see its release relatively soon on December 13, 2018.
People called me crazy that nobody would just drop support for PS4 if their games got censored, and well that's proof right there.

Since I think every other Senran game was released on that or the vita.

People called me crazy that nobody would just drop support for PS4 if their games got censored, and well that's proof right there.

Since I think every other Senran game was released on that or the vita.
While I can potentially see the series moving off Sony's platform, this game is not an instance (unfortunately) of a company dropping the PS4. Peach Ball was announced back in August 2017, alongside the currently PS4-exclusive, Senran Kagura 7. The real thing to watch is whether a Switch port gets announced for SK7.

There's also existing precedent for the series to feature on a Nintendo console. Senran Kagura began life on the 3DS, which also saw the updated version of SK1 and its sequel, SK2.

Last edited:

Blam

While I can potentially see the series moving off Sony's platform, this game is not an instance (unfortunately) of a company dropping the PS4. Peach Ball was announced back in August 2017, alongside the currently PS4-exclusive, Senran Kagura 7. The real thing to watch is whether a Switch port gets announced for SK7.

There's also existing precedent for the series to feature on a Nintendo console. Senran Kagura began life on the 3DS, which also saw the updated version of SK1 and its sequel, SK2.
The company has also shown distate towards Sony because of this and so have other Japanese devs so hopefully it happens.

I do not anticipate Marvelous porting the game over to the PS4 and needing to deal with the headaches with the SIE HQ. Even if a PS4 version comes out, it is absolutely certain that the Switch version will be the definitive version.

Last edited:

Ladioss

Keep doing your work while the whole world conspire against you, blessed man.

Yeah, the franchise's history is a mess, and its backstory/metaplot is a good reflection of that (they finally decided to get away with it by implying that "parallel worlds" is officially a canon, in-universe thing).

Not sure if anyone here remember it but back when Shinovi Versus was announced for the Vita, there was a pretty strong backslash from the original fanbase who played the game on 3DS.
The weak sales of SK2 some years later were probably a consequence of that.

Top Bottom