• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II |OT| I Can Fix Her

GymWolf

Gold Member
If a walkthrough is taking 5 hrs then a normal play through will certainly take longer than that.

I am simply exploring everything, trying to find as many rock faces/shrines as possible.

But I do take longer than normal to finish games, so there’s that.
I also take my time with games if there is something worth to find, but just collectibles aren't my thing because i don't care for trophies\achievements.

I also take my time with games if there is something worth to find, but just collectibles aren't my thing because i don't care for trophies\achievements.
Its like, when you are playing Uncharted, you try to walk all pathways, even if there wouldn’t be anything there.

Its similar here. Sometimes you get a good view of a landscape. Sometimes you find a rockface, they are always cool to find.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Its like, when you are playing Uncharted, you try to walk all pathways, even if there wouldn’t be anything there.

Its similar here. Sometimes you get a good view of a landscape. Sometimes you find a rockface, they are always cool to find.
I think we are repeating the same thing over and over here :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I don't explore in unchy because i don't care about artifacts, but i explore in tlou because what you find help you to survive or to get stronger.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

• Added a warning prompt when selecting 'New Story' as this option resets the current save's story progress.
  • Fixed the large text size option, which was causing UI elements in chapter selection to go out of bounds.
  • Animation sync issues during some enemy executions in combat have been adjusted and fixed.
  • Adjusted the combat events during the Thórgestr battle at the end of Chapter 1
  • Several localization fixes.
  • Tree collision fixes in Chapter 2 settlement puzzle.
  • Fixed the crash when closing photo mode after extended gameplay.
  • Fixed a few cases of memory leaks game-wide.
  • Ultrawide fix during Chapter 3 cinematic to prevent Fargrímr from disappearing.
  • Indoor rain inside the broken house in Chapter 1 is fixed.
  • Ghosting issues fixed when running Frame Generation.
  • Added missing SFX during Chapter 3 puzzle and Chapter 4 combat
  • Fixed missing captions in several areas across the game.
  • Missing facial animations in Chapter 5 cinematic after village battle.
  • Misaligned peach fuzz around Senua's neck and face has been corrected.
  • Goði combat crowd push events have been adjusted for a better combat experience.
  • Improved FSR3 artefacts.
  • Fixed the case of some animated objects were invisible during gameplay.
  • Fixed instances of black marks appearing on faces around beards and fine hairs on Low preset.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I just finished the game on a Series S and was really impressed at what the machine was able to do.

It’s also baffling why the game received so much hate; I really enjoyed it. Short, incredible visuals, awesome sound with headphones and engaging story.

Verdict: 83/100

After playing this game, I’d love to see Ninja Theory take a crack at Ryse II and visit the Roman Empire with Hellblade 2 graphics.

Fredrik

After playing this game, I’d love to see Ninja Theory take a crack at Ryse II and visit the Roman Empire with Hellblade 2 graphics.
I just want more of the same but combat focused, Hellblade Arena, no puzzles. Microsoft needs to write these guys a blank check and just let them keep doing their thing.

Just beat the game. A visual masterpiece. Really a testament to how far incredible visuals can take you. I finished it almost solely because of how good it looked.

I think they should make the photo mode into its own type of movie making simulator game

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I think I am at the final stretch and almost done. It's a pleasant surprise to see how NT decided to present the Giants, explain what they actually are and for Senua to find a way to deal with them, not to mention that it's different for each of them when you learn about their origins and stuff and calm them down by learning their names. What's also great about the sequel is that there's way more characters than just Senua this time around, not only the main cast by others as well and it's really cool how NT showing their involvement in the story and what's going on around Senua, which is absolutely and never a thing in other AAA action games where everything is just on the background and you don't even see what's happening cuz you always move forward, but here people (and the main cast) act constantly around Senua, be it by helping her in the fight, or Senua helping them to stay alive, kill enemies together etc. etc.

b9GsoIL.jpeg
BQ5tHu4.jpeg

61pqqja.jpeg
yuGGIj4.jpeg
InIGwwy.jpeg

JdlxZt2.jpeg
sxdtr2l.jpeg

SN5Iyoe.jpeg

This kind of thing helps the immersion a lot and I hope more devs will take notice. The writing and acting is also astounding and here's where this game shines as well, unlike something like Horizon: Forbidden West where acting and mocap is great, but the writing and emotions is just not there, not to mention kind of a one note characters which are always on good terms with Alloy, and the story,... well, you know, it's not terrible, but not great either and almost completely lacks emotional aspects where they absolutely must be and cuz of this reason a lot of events in the game fall flat and not triggering emotional response from you. Hellblade II on the other hand feels and looks like a more compact, extremely well directed, written, shot and presented norse saga with more memorable characters and story.

V0mCsWZ.jpeg
TiXvWDL.jpeg

o1DPHAM.jpeg
o2bAPGE.jpeg
tKEB8cb.jpeg

b3uFhXX.jpeg
FfDZuRo.jpeg
NLlRI3K.jpeg

QIsx2Vg.jpeg

I don't want this game to end and obviously I haven't finished the game yet, but I really hope that it's not the last we see of Senua and maybe in the next game we can help her get rid of the voices and let her live a normal life with someone who cares about her, like before the events of the first game. I mean, after so many terrifying events, emotional hell and all sort of other shit, the story of Senua must end on a positive and optimistic note:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
So Im seeing the credits roll... Liked it. Game looks and sounds great but combat still sucks and the pacing can be off sometimes. Also, why does it take her so much energy to climb a simple ledge or go down a ladder. The Hiddenfolk chapter with the caves was my favourite section. Loved the Descent vibe and sparkley shit. Still, I prefer the original. Feel like this game was unneccesary as it barely adds any story or gameplay. Its just a graphics showcase.

Oh yeah, ofcourse theres another skrong woman!

Last edited:

Rockman33

Wooooow this game has incredibly stunning visuals and a few moments that really had my jaw on the floor.

Having said that there are many stretches that were incredibly boring and uninspired. The beauty of it got me through it though.

Glad this game was made as it pushes the boundaries in at least one or two areas. Audio and visuals. Hoping if they do another they take in the feedback and make it more of an enjoyable game to play rather than just look at.
Probably a 7/10 for me.

Top Bottom