• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 Final Trailer Released

BossLackey

Gold Member
giphy.gif

TBiddy

My guy working overtime today :messenger_tears_of_joy:

fKoCJ3W.png
Jesus - I always thought he was just mad at me for some reason. Seems like he's just a sad person all around. What drives a person to act like that?

That said, this game looks boring as hell to be frank. Based on the trailers it's the best looking game of the generation, but I've yet to see a single second of gameplay that actually looks interesting.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
You're making the mistake of not factoring in which "side" is releasing it when assessing those opinions :messenger_tears_of_joy:

For me, this looks incredible (looks) and I will try it, but if it wasn't on Game Pass I would be waiting for it to be on Game Pass. Didn't like the first one (which was highly lauded when it was PS exclusive, then trash when Microsoft bought Ninja Theory IIRC). Hope it reviews well and is a much better game than the first...
?

It never was PS exclusive, gladly, with that garbabe 30fps high input lag. Eww

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Last edited:

Skifi28

Gold Member
So is there any gameplay in this "game"? I mean lot's of games have been roasted for being walking simulators, but so far the trailers aren't really selling much 'agency' are they.
I'd also like to know how combat works. I don't mind a 6 hour cinematic experience, but if the combat is as basic as the first game I won't be bothering. They have shown absolutely nothing, so that's probably not a very good indication.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I'd also like to know how combat works. I don't mind a 6 hour cinematic experience, but if the combat is as basic as the first game I won't be bothering. They have shown absolutely nothing, so that's probably not a very good indication.
Yeah came in here to see if there was some real time combar in the trailer but alas.

Oh well, Paper Mario on the 23rd.

foamdino

Yeah this is the day before release, what is the game actually like - even Death Stranding had some sort of "here's a look at some gameplay" prior to release - this final trailer should be, a: longer to include the various game systems, b: not cutting just as they start to show something. I get the need to hide spoilers etc - but you should be able to cut together a decent length video that actually shows what it's like to play!

Yeah this is the day before release, what is the game actually like - even Death Stranding had some sort of "here's a look at some gameplay" prior to release - this final trailer should be, a: longer to include the various game systems, b: not cutting just as they start to show something. I get the need to hide spoilers etc - but you should be able to cut together a decent length video that actually shows what it's like to play!
Light attack, heavy attack, unarmed attack, block, dodge buttons.
Block, parry, super move.
Mix and match combos with light and heavy attack.
Also puzzles.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Launch trailers rarely show long, unabridged, gameplay segments.

Using Stellar Blade's launch trailer as an example, it has all but 5~8 seconds of 'gameplay' with the rest of it all being cuts from cinematics.

foamdino

Light attack, heavy attack, unarmed attack, block, dodge buttons.
Block, parry, super move.
Mix and match combos with light and heavy attack.
Also puzzles.
I'm intrigued to know where you came across this info - it's certainly not in the trailer.

Or are we making assumptions based on the first game? The puzzles in that were lining up the viewport to get a symbol to resolve and not much else. Will there be different ones? More variety? Will there be platforming? (you know since they show rocks floating - do we get to jump on those?)

I don't think it's too much to ask to see some actual gameplay in the final trailer before release. It *looks* stunning, but if that's all there is to this game then I can imagine it reviewing poorly - The Order 1886 looked remarkable (first use of PBR etc) and that was roundly criticised for being shallow and got 6/10s everywhere.

I'm intrigued to know where you came across this info - it's certainly not in the trailer.

Or are we making assumptions based on the first game? The puzzles in that were lining up the viewport to get a symbol to resolve and not much else. Will there be different ones? More variety? Will there be platforming? (you know since they show rocks floating - do we get to jump on those?)

I don't think it's too much to ask to see some actual gameplay in the final trailer before release. It *looks* stunning, but if that's all there is to this game then I can imagine it reviewing poorly - The Order 1886 looked remarkable (first use of PBR etc) and that was roundly criticised for being shallow and got 6/10s everywhere.
I'm just going off the first game. People will be able to say shortly when they're playing it.

foamdino

I'm just going off the first game. People will be able to say shortly when they're playing it.
So here's a game... but you have to buy it to know what the "game" part of the game is...

It could be a 3rd-person RTS for all I know where you direct tribesmen to throw flaming spears at a crawling giant - since that was shown a couple of years ago. It could be a character action game, it could have witcher/batman vision puzzles, it could require insane parkour/platforming

How is anyone supposed to make an informed choice about buying it?

Such a bizarre way to market the game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So here's a game... but you have to buy it to know what the "game" part of the game is...

It could be a 3rd-person RTS for all I know where you direct tribesmen to throw flaming spears at a crawling giant - since that was shown a couple of years ago. It could be a character action game, it could have witcher/batman vision puzzles, it could require insane parkour/platforming

Or you could just as well read one of the many previews that came out in April when the game was doing a press / preview cycle.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Silly question but I guess I need to play the first one before this, right?

I'm not too interested on the game itself, but it would be cool to try it as a benchmark for my new GPU. Game looks pretty nice visually.

I really liked the first game. But for some reason I have a feeling this game will fucking bomb.

How is this the final trailer? I feel like it's a good thing that they are hiding a lot of the gameplay, so the game isn't spoiled like some games and movies do with trailers.

But I also feel like that won't translate well to the general consumer. They don't know what this game is even about.

ManaByte

Gold Member

The trailers are showing gameplay. It’s not MS’s fault you didn’t play the original and don’t know that’s what the gameplay looks like.

Top Bottom