• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Pre Load Now Available. New Pictures Released

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Those screenshots do nothing. It's pretty blurry, a lot of chromatic aberration. Only the close up shot looks good, but then we have Forbidden West and other games were faces look good.

I've created shots in FW that look better and more real then this.

Last edited:

Senua

Those screenshots do nothing. It's pretty blurry, a lot of chromatic aberration. Only the close up shot looks good, but then we have Forbidden West and other games were faces look good.

I've created shots in FW that look better and more real then this.
8c86017fb0fedd03a3e5c2dab7fde54e.jpg

Puscifer

Have you guys seen a massive difference in visual quality in the first game with every RT feature enabled (RTGI, Better RT shadows and reflections)? It's effin' astounding how much better and atmospheric the game looks with all this extra RT stuff not available in-game. The sky box is a problem though.

What about the performance, you ask? Well It's also absolutely massive - 16-18 FPS on 3080Ti and it's not even using all VRAM. Locked 30 FPS is only duable at 1440p and even then I'm sure it'll deep below that in more demanding areas. Maybe it's a CPU issue (I've 8700K), idk, can't check cuz I don't have modern platform to test it.

What about, DLSS? Foget it! DLSS is broken in this game with all these RT features enabled (not a Rechade btw, but simple Engine.ini edit) and there's a lot of very ugly pixelated noise on Senua's arms etc. during movement even with the replaced and up to date DLSS dll file.
I actually prefer it with all that shit off tbh

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This thread man...😁
Shoutout to users like O Ozriel for getting triggered as usual at the criticism of this franchise which the sequel - at this moment in time at least - happens to be an exclusive on their favourite plastic box, they couldn't be more petty and transparent even if they tried, the same people that act surprised and get riled up when people call them astroturfers or shills.

It's funny actually, liking every post that praises the game and disliking every other post which "dares" to criticize its obvious shortcomings...

News-flash boys : This franchise was 3rd party since its inception and no amount of temper tantrums and revenge-emojiing posts can change that.
What's even funnier is that these people are actually family men and not some 18year olds hiding in some dingy basement, the mind literally boggles.

Absolutely zero discussion can be had with these types in here.

Cheers

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This thread man...😁
Shoutout to users like O Ozriel for getting triggered as usual at the criticism of this franchise which the sequel - at this moment in time at least - happens to be an exclusive on their favourite plastic box, they couldn't be more petty and transparent even if they tried, the same people that act surprised and get riled up when people call them astroturfers or shills.

It's funny actually, liking every post that praises the game and disliking every other post which "dares" to criticize its obvious shortcomings...

News-flash boys : This franchise was 3rd party since its inception and no amount of temper tantrums and revenge-emojiing posts can change that.
What's even funnier is that these people are actually family men and not some 18year olds hiding in some dingy basement, the mind literally boggles.

Cheers

'revenge emojiing'

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

My guy if people's emoji reactions bother you so much, just disable notifications so you don't have to suffer.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
'revenge emojiing'

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

My guy if people's emoji reactions bother you so much, just disable notifications so you don't have to suffer.

My guy, it's 4-5 people in here (you included) that keep doing the same song and dance - and that includes both shilling and trolling (and warring), I mean, I suppose you have the freedom to keep doing it, doesn't mean though that others have to accept it, after all, it does get tiring after a while eh ?

Shit, it's not like we were born yesterday to not understand what you're doing, besides being petty it's also pretty idiotic.

BigLee74

My guy, it's 4-5 people in here (you included) that keep doing the same song and dance - and that includes both shilling and trolling (and warring), I mean, I suppose you have the freedom to keep doing it, doesn't mean though that others have to accept it, after all, it does get tiring after a while eh ?

Shit, it's not like we were born yesterday to not understand what you're doing, besides being petty it's also pretty idiotic.
A perfect example of people choosing only to see what they want. Comment on the thread at hand instead of trying to police the forum, maybe?

adamsapple

The pictures look exactly how I imagine the game, interactive movie with some smaller gameplay segments.

The audio component for the first game was just as important as its visuals, so this might be worth playing with a nice, pricey, pair of headphones too.

Damn shame Xbox doesn't detect Sony's Pulse headset via the USB stick, like it works on a PS5. I would love to use mine for this game, specifically, on Xbox.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Huh? They announced the preload with pictures, wtf are you replying to?

They "announced" the photo mode with some pictures taken from it in the game, the 300MB pre-load tile has been available for month(s) already, they're just saying 'also wishlist this too'.

The topic title is emphasizing the wrong tweet.

Ye5BLtM.jpg

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Seems apt for them to announce photo mode with…photos.
Did they announce “photo mode”?
They "announced" the photo mode with some pictures taken from it int he game, the 300MB pre-load tile has been available for month(s) already, they're just saying 'also wishlist this too'.

Ye5BLtM.jpg
what?? Y’all be confusing asf on the weekends. Cool, the photos look nice, but what?? 🤦‍♂️😂

The thread is to announce the preload availability. Why am I getting bashed for calling out the fact that there’s nothing other than screenshots to announce the preload? So weird

Last edited:

adamsapple

Did they announce photo”

what?? Y’all be confusing asf on the weekends. Cool, the photos look nice, but what?? 🤦‍♂️😂

The thread is to announce the preload availability. Why am I getting bashed for calling out the fact that there’s nothing other than screenshots to announce the preload? So weird

Read my edited reply. The pre-load tile is a 300MB place holder on the system dashboard, that's been there for a while. The NT tweet was mainly to announce a photo mode and show some pictures they've taken in the game using it. The topic title is putting more emphasis on the wrong tweet and adding in the bit about the photos in there. They're just saying that you can wishlist and pre-install (that 300MB tile) too. It's not an actual pre-install of the game data, so their tweet wording is also kinda misleading.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The audio component for the first game was just as important as its visuals, so this might be worth playing with a nice, pricey, pair of headphones too.

Damn shame Xbox doesn't detect Sony's Pulse headset via the USB stick, like it works on a PS5. I would love to use mine for this game, specifically, on Xbox.
The Pulse don't work on Xbox? Weird. It work fine on PC.

Ozriel

M$FT
Did they announce “photo mode”?

You would have no confusion at all if you’d read the OP. All the photos in the OP come from a tweet Ninja Theory posted to announce Photo Mode. The tweet is also in the OP.

Why didn’t you read it?

This thread man...😁

Cheers

Totes bro, he’s the one triggered

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Also, revenge emojis 😆😆😆

Kokoloko85

i know GAFfers like to dunk on female game character design often. I have done it myself.

But daymn, Senua looks amazing in this. There is a brutal beauty to her. Fits in perfectly with the game's world/story.

Also helps that her face is modeled on the voice actress, Melina Juergens, who is herself quite beautiful.
Graphically it looks good but her mouth animations and gums look irratating af lol

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I'm still hoping to find time to replay the first game. I've platinumed it on PS4, planning to do the same on XSX.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The lack of shots of actual gameplay at this stage of production is seriously troubling, because the plain fact is that its hard to interpret this as anything but a deliberate attempt to disguise what the game actually is.

nemiroff

Gold Member
The lack of shots of actual gameplay at this stage of production is seriously troubling, because the plain fact is that its hard to interpret this as anything but a deliberate attempt to disguise what the game actually is.

There's no need for utterly brainless conspiracy theories here.

It's a sequel to a well known game, so we all know what we're getting: An iterated Hellblade 1.

We've seen the interviews, we've seen the dev diaries, we've seen the trailers, we've seen the screenshots, and we've seen the demos. Devs and publisher are pretty much following the common process that we know from most games. So I'm not sure what your deal is.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
There's no need for utterly brainless conspiracy theories here.

It's a sequel to a well known game, so we all know what we're getting: An iterated Hellblade 1.

We've seen the interviews, we've seen the dev diaries, we've seen the trailers, we've seen the screenshots, and we've seen the demos. Devs and publisher are pretty much following the common process that we know from most games. So I'm not sure what your deal is.

Its not a conspiracy theory to suggest that the way this game is being marketed solely on its visuals is a cause for concern!

Why the white knight act if there's no substance to what I'm pointing out? If it was just more of the same why not just show it then? Why mostly single-character on-screen cut-scenes footage and screenshots?

One obvious explanation (that sadly seems warranted due to uneducated reactions to recent open-world titles' appearances) is that when it comes to real-time graphics the range and quantity of onscreen elements is inversely proportional to the amount of detail and fidelity possible per element.

Renderers aren't cameras, they have fixed budgets in terms of throughput that needs to be distributed across everything within the frame. Hence showing scenes with a single massively detailed "actor" entity is unrepresentative of what the quality is going to be when there's more going on. Which in turn leads to the obvious realization that unless the entire game involves mostly just the main character on-screen by herself what you will see most of the time is going to be significantly less.

Which again leads to my ultimate point, lets see what the game looks like during "normal" gameplay. Not cut-scenes, not carefully stage-managed set-pieces, lets see what it looks like when the player is actively reacting "on the sticks"!
Because that's what's most representative of the game that's being sold, and not a smoke-show to sucker in the gullible.

damidu

crazy how they managed to get to release date, without showing any meaningful gameplay lol.
totally expecting a slog of a walking-sim with horrible combat and even worse puzzles, where even 5hour playtime feels like a bore fest.
just like the first game.
surprise me!

Ozriel

M$FT
Which again leads to my ultimate point, lets see what the game looks like during "normal" gameplay. Not cut-scenes, not carefully stage-managed set-pieces, lets see what it looks like when the player is actively reacting "on the sticks"!

You mean like the footage of combat gameplay they showed?

Because that's what's most representative of the game that's being sold, and not a smoke-show to sucker in the gullible.

The first one was one of the best looking games of last gen on release, despite being made on an AA budget. I don’t think there are many concerns that a sequel made on an AAA budget and current gen exclusive would fail to impress visually.

Its not a conspiracy theory to suggest that the way this game is being marketed solely on its visuals is a cause for concern!

I’d argue that the mental health thing and immersion are much more prominent in its marketing, not the visuals. Though they’re certainly highlighting it as a visual showcase.

Mobilemofo

I absolutely get what you're saying and yet, I don't know, I always liked dark, oppressive and downright miserable atmosphere in games since I find it to be "immersive" for some reason and it's one of the reasons why I like games like Sanitarium (PC), The dark souls trilogy (most FROM games really), The silent hills, the Penumbra games etc etc.

The 1st Hellblade though - and let's be real about it - wasn't much of a "game" even though I did somewhat enjoy it (played it on GP), it wasn't the story or themes that were the problem but its almost non existent gameplay and replay value, it's a "one and done" type of game with a half-arsed fighting system and even worse silly "puzzles" and - unfortunately - I expect the 2nd one to be exactly the same...

Even IF it comes to the PS5, it's going to be a deep-sale (like, 15€ max) acquisition for me no matter how good those 7-8 hours of playtime are going to be - same thing with say, Scorn, a very nice, atmospheric game which I'm happy I finished but...I was only able to do so 'cause it was on GP since I really can't justify that 50€ price tag for the amount of "gameplay" that they're offering.

Cheers
Yeah. I'm getting "the order" vibes. Won't be paying full price when it lands on ps5 at some point. And we all know it will. 😅 £20 on a sale, I'm so fuckin there.

nemiroff

Gold Member

Why the white knight act if there's no substance to what I'm pointing out? If it was just more of the same why not just show it then? Why mostly single-character on-screen cut-scenes footage and screenshots?

One obvious explanation (that sadly seems warranted due to uneducated reactions to recent open-world titles' appearances) is that when it comes to real-time graphics the range and quantity of onscreen elements is inversely proportional to the amount of detail and fidelity possible per element.

Renderers aren't cameras, they have fixed budgets in terms of throughput that needs to be distributed across everything within the frame. Hence showing scenes with a single massively detailed "actor" entity is unrepresentative of what the quality is going to be when there's more going on. Which in turn leads to the obvious realization that unless the entire game involves mostly just the main character on-screen by herself what you will see most of the time is going to be significantly less.

It appears you have a personal concern regarding the manner in which information about unreleased games is being trickled out, and how it somehow has to adhere to your personal standards "or else I'll just go ahead and fill in some constructed blanks with conjecture".

Having thoughts about how the industry is disclosing information about unreleased games is fair, it might be a good idea for a general topic. But this game doesn't stand out unless you have some kind of special insight about facts and information that the rest of us don't hold. ..I have a feeling that the developer is not as invested in scheming behind your back as you think they are.

If you agree, respond with a laughing emoji below.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You mean like the footage of combat gameplay they showed?

For like 3 seconds in the last trailer? That's like advertising CoD by showing an ironsights view of someone getting shot! How much can anyone really tell from that.

Or did you mean the one actual bit of "gameplay" that involved walking down a corridor, watching a QTE, then a cut-scene, then running back along the same corridor to watch another cut-scene? LOL

After all these years... C'mon. If this wasn't an exclusive, you'd be all over this!

nemiroff nemiroff

Its not me making the marketing choices so I've got nothing to explain. Its on Ninja Theory and MS to explain why they are being so selective in what they show. We're at pre-load and still nothing? WTF?

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

But... more realistic lighting, proper direct / contact / cascade / self / etc. shadows (from light sources as well), reflections and ambient occlusion...

umm-wait.gif
Some people just wanna play the fuckin game, and not piss about with all the other bollocks. I get that.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
You would have no confusion at all if you’d read the OP. All the photos in the OP come from a tweet Ninja Theory posted to announce Photo Mode. The tweet is also in the OP.

Why didn’t you read it?
Ahhh, for some reason the screenshot of the tweet wasn’t showing up for me last night, now I see it, and now the post makes more sense. My bad 😟

Last edited:
Top Bottom