• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Remastered debuts at #1 in Italy, France, Australia, New Zealand

Australia (Retail + Digital):
Australia | Week 3, 2024 (Jan 15 - Jan 21) | Digital+Retail (All Formats) | GSD

JANUARY 15 2024 – JANUARY 21 2024

1. The Last of Us Part II Remastered (Sony)
  2. Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Ubisoft)
  3. EA Sports FC 24 (EA)
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III (Activision)
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (Take 2)
  6. Hellbalde: Senua's Sacrifice (Ninja Theory)
  7. Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros. Interactive)
  8. Super Mario Bros. Wonder* (Nintendo)
  9. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang)
  10. NBA 2K24 (Take 2)

New Zealand (Retail + Digital):
New Zealand | Week 3, 2024 (Jan 15 - Jan 21) | Digital+Retail (All Formats) | GSD

JANUARY 15 2024 – JANUARY 21 2024

1. The Last of Us Part II Remastered (Sony)
  2. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Ninja Theory)
  3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III (Activision)
  4. Grand Theft Auto V (Take 2)
  5. Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Ubisoft)
  6. EA Sports FC 24 (EA)
  7. Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros. Interactive)
  8. NBA 2K24 (Take 2)
  9. Grand Theft Auto Online (Take 2)
  10. Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (Ubisoft)

Italy - #1 (Retail + Digital):
GFAU7pgXIAAFdEh

Germany: Retail chart (PS5 chart only - #1):

German charts by Gfk Entertainment:
Week 03 2024
Physical retail sales only.

PlayStation 5
01 The Last of Us Part II Remastered

02 Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
03 Marvel's Spider-Man 2
Source

France - #1 (Retail, revenue chart):

image0.jpg

This is after it was revealed that even though it didn't hit #1 in the UK, it managed to sell more than double of Part 1:

The game no one asked for keeps selling, it seems.

Last edited:
The TV show is going to make the remaster sell like hot cakes for the next year. Probably will the best ROI for any Playstation title ever, given how little changes were made to PS4 version

Last edited:
The Sony leaks stated that these "remasters" sell through better to an expanded audience so I'm not surprised, and it's why they keep releasing them; so they can keep fleecing their customers.

What I was surprised by was how badly TLOUII did compared to the first game.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Facts: High-quality exclusive single player game with no MP whatsoever sells great across two generations.

Sony logic: "Let's invest in GAAS".
Not Sony: "lets also stop investing in our money makers/biggest hitters".

I'm not sure why such nonsense keeps getting peddled, but here we are.

Little Chicken Little Chicken

How badly it did vs the original? What are we talking here? Remasters/Original releases?

Last edited:
Shows the price was low before, can’t be it, and just a couple days for an old game to outsell COD, GTA, FC? I want more data, this seems crazy.
Did you forget about the recent Dev Direct from Jan 18 where Hellbade 2 got its release date? Hellblade 1 was put on sale on that same day so people most likely were hyped for the upcoming release and bought the first game.

Last edited:
This is after it was revealed that even though it didn't hit #1 in the UK, it managed to sell more than double of Part 1:

The game no one asked for keeps selling, it seems.

At about half the price. There is reason they made an exception with their pricing with that game, their previous pricing doesn't work.

Fredrik

Did you forget about the recent Dev Direct from Jan 18 where Hellbade 2 got its release date? Hellblade 1 was put on sale on that same day so people most likely were hyped for the upcoming release and bought the first game.
No but I didn’t think the IP was that popular. I think I need figures to understand this.

No but I didn’t think the IP was that popular. I think I need figures to understand this.
Don't think we're getting any regional figures from the NZ market besides what they've provided so all the data points I mentioned earlier in my previous 2 replies is most likely all the info we can work with on this.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I actually have a friend who held off playing this until they made a PS5 version. I didn't have that will power lol.
My friend is in the same boat but not because he waited, the PS5 version released before he has got to it in his backlog lol. I have been pestering him for like 2 years to pick it as his next one. Now he will gloat that he was glad he waited because he is playing the best version for the first time. But who knows when the fuck that will be. He's a slow methodical completionist. He gets to all of them eventually.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
The Last of Us PS4- 18.242m
The Last of Us Part II - 9.636m

Digital sales are higher on the PS5 and Last of Us Remaster didn't have a 10 dollar upgrade path.

Last of Us Part II Remaster + $10 upgrades.. I'm sure Sony is satisfied with the results

Lupin25

The Last of Us PS4- 18.242m
The Last of Us Part II - 9.636m

It’s only been 3 & half yrs since TLOU 2 vs nearly 10 yrs of TLOU (along with the remaster).

Then once the 2nd season HBO show airs TLOU 2 will re-emerge again on the charts considerably like TLOU did.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The TV show is going to make the remaster sell like hot cakes for the next year. Probably will the best ROI for any Playstation title ever, given how little changes were made to PS4 version
It more than likely cost less than $10 million to make.

Kokoloko85

It’s gonna be mainly for people who havent bought the PS4 version.

If you had it on PS4 already or dont want it and are complaining about it, stfu and stop complaining. No1 is forcing you to buy it. Theres been remasters for other titles or “directors cut” for plenty of other games in a similar time frame.

Switch lived off alot of Wii U ports and charged more for them on the Switch then the Wii U. And no BC. Like Pikmin 3, which was graphically not as good as the Wii U version.

Not just the next year. Both games will sell for years to come as people continue to watch the show, getting significant bumps anytime a new season comes out.

Now that Succession is over, it's a clear front-runner to actually win some large attention Emmys.

Top Bottom