• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Marvel

could never
Man you can see at the end of 96 how the new world order was getting bloated already. The big boss man, virgil, buff bagwell and 2 others I can't name should not of been in the group.

Even as a fan of Buff, I too didn't think he fit in... at all, lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Buff fits in pretty well with the NWO. So actually did Million Dollar Man and Virgil. Its people that came after (and Giant) that stick out. Giant's reason for joining is particularly awful.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
w...what...
Yw8uPMX.jpg

Bk4OFnb.jpg

Just don't tag him with Hun Cara.
Hun Cara's physique, no es bueno.

strobogo

Banned
Is she wrasslin with her cell phone in her pocket?

As for the music, nothing has come up yet that needs to be dubbed over, so I don't know.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Mostly because WCW didn't give a shit about the tag titles after 1992ish. That kind of shit happened regularly.
That's a shame. How is their booking in general? I've heard things from my brother about Hogan vs Sting at Starrcade and such, so I have a bad preconception.

strobogo

Banned
That's a shame. How is their booking in general? I've heard things from my brother about Hogan vs Sting at Starrcade and such, so I have a bad preconception.

Got much much worse after Starrcade 1997. But a lot of the mid card stuff was pretty scatter shot for the whole Nitro era.

somedevil

In general opinion people say there peak was from the debut of the New World Order to Starcade 1997. After that cracks started to show and the downfall began. They had a great undercard though they never made them main event and let the main event guys beat them up to make them look bad. This lead to no new main event guys other than Goldberg and people got sick of the same top guys. Basically politics and money spending killed the company. Read Bryan Alvarez book it basically tells the whole story.

Also, in 1995 the darkside Hogan stuff was hilariously weird. One week he is with the macho man while a guy plays guitar and a bum is in between them while they cut promos. Then next week Hogan has a sword in a cave cutting a promo on cutting Meng's head off,

PROGRESS sold out 2/3's of the Electric Ballroom for Chapter 16 in half an hour, 450 tickets. All the premium seats went in five minutes, but thankfully I managed to grab seats in the Gold section. This is all for a show 3 months away with no talent announcements made or matches booked and the already sold-out Chapter 15 in between, which is pretty amazing for an indie that very rarely uses imports.

JavyOO7

93 RAW till the 95 RAW that it stopped in, the network team added those RAWs in a pretty fast clip. Now that Nitro is up, I'm sure 95 RAW will finally finish to take us to 96 RAW and beyond.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+

This is going to be a slow, painful year.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Got much much worse after Starrcade 1997. But a lot of the mid card stuff was pretty scatter shot for the whole Nitro era.

In general opinion people say there peak was from the debut of the New World Order to Starcade 1997. After that cracks started to show and the downfall began. They had a great undercard though they never made them main event and let the main event guys beat them up to make them look bad. This lead to no new main event guys other than Goldberg and people got sick of the same top guys. Basically politics and money spending killed the company. Read Bryan Alvarez book it basically tells the whole story.

Also, in 1995 the darkside Hogan stuff was hilariously weird. One week he is with the macho man while a guy plays guitar and a bum is in between them while they cut promos. Then next week Hogan has a sword in a cave cutting a promo on cutting Meng's head off,

Thanks, guys. There's an updated version of Death of WCW coming soon, so I'll pick that up.

RP912

Banned
If only starrcade 97 was treated as a big deal instead of sting/hogan and the rest...it would have been the most epic ppv of all time. They should have done it as a last stand between nwo and wcw. Sting and hogan should have been a long back and forth match which ends up with the nwo and wcw having this full grown war on the outside of the ring. Afterward sting hits hogan with a deathdrop, wins the belt with wcw wrestlers celebrating while Bret Hart stands outside clapping bringing in a Hart/Sting feud.

Nitro comes on and the nwo starts an implosion where there's still wolfpack vs black and white...but it wouldn't be a fucking nuisance like it was.

On another note...there's not enough love for 2 Cold Scorpio in the wrestling world :(...It hurts my heart.

Zach

If only starrcade 97 was treated as a big deal instead of sting/hogan and the rest...it would have been the most epic ppv of all time. They should have done it as a last stand between nwo and wcw. Sting and hogan should have been a long back and forth match which ends up with the nwo and wcw having this full grown war on the outside of the ring. Afterward sting hits hogan with a deathdrop, wins the belt with wcw wrestlers celebrating while Bret Hart stands outside clapping bringing in a Hart/Sting feud.

Nitro comes on and the nwo starts an implosion where there's still wolfpack vs black and white...but it wouldn't be a fucking nuisance like it was.

On another note...there's not enough love for 2 Cold Scorpio in the wrestling world :(...It hurts my heart.

There's nothing I can add that hasn't already been said about Starrcade 1997. It was the single worst f-up in wrestling history, in my opinion. I'm sure Hogan is mainly at fault and that's why he will always be worse than John Cena. I said it, guys!

And 2 Cold is seriously incredible. The way he floats in mid-air -- awe-inspiring every time!

JavyOO7

When I think about Sting vs Hogan in that Starrcade, I think the match should have gone in the vein of Lesnar/Cena at SS. Sting should have just wrecked Hogan without breaking a sweat.

DMczaf

When I think about Sting vs Hogan in that Starrcade, I think the match should have gone in the vein of Lesnar/Cena at SS. Sting should have just wrecked Hogan without breaking a sweat.

I still chuckle at the "fast count" that beats Sting, that looked slower than a normal count.

Vylash

WWE has announced the Highlight Reel segment featuring Chris Jericho and special guest Randy Orton will open tonight’s WWE Raw broadcast.

Also confirmed for tonight’s show is John Cena’s response to the pre-taped Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman promo video which aired on Raw last week.

mlIbMmu.gif

It's really nice of WWE to let everyone know how garbage this next Raw is going to be.
Can RAW be even worse than last week? either way, i'm probably not tuning in to find out.
After last week I feel they owe it to us to warn on how awful it's going to be. It would take actual effort to be worse than last week, though. I can't even think about it. I picked a horrible time to start watching RAW again.

Does WCW Nitros being available on the network have an OT thread, you guys make threads for shitty C/D tier PPVs but not WCW Nitro. Cmon guys Vince needs that promotion to get that money

Top Bottom