• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seriousely, what's up with new york business men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

First off, I'm canadian.

My job has me dealing with a lot of american clients and sales reps.

I deal with people from the south, the northwest, nevada, LA, and the east coast.

Only group where a signature trait bothers me is New York. Everyone I've dealt with seems to be so...what's a good word...brash. So I was wondering if this is just a common trait or have I just been unlucky.

I mean once you realize they're just brash by nature and let it go, it's not so bad, but still. It's just so different from how people deal with each other here. And just generally, I'm wondering what's up with it.

Doth Togo

You got a problem with it?

Too bad. You either deal with it or move on because someone'll take your spot.

Thats the NYC mentality. Things happen fast there.

xsarien

daedsiluap
It's definitely a New York thing, and sometimes I do feel bad about it (for what its worth.) Things DO happen fast here, so we're used to having answers - and things - nearly immediately. "No" is not answer we take lightly, if at all. And if you don't have the answer we're looking for, we'll just get someone who does.

It's really nothing personal. :)

I try to temper myself when I deal with the people in our San Francisco office, because it seems that city's work ethic is entirely different. Almost the complete opposite. When I transfer out there in a few weeks, it's going to be a learning experience. :)

Tabris

Yeah, I mean I know it's nothing personal and they're not trying to come off as tact-less jackasses :) (semi j/k about the jackass part) but they do. I cringe when I have to deal with sales reps from new york. I mean sales reps themselves are bad enough, add new york into the mix and it's horrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom