• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV gets meaty update: New Character, Stages, Costumes. CFN Improved

Neoxon

Is there a version of the Juri classic costume without the added sleeves?
Yes, just hold down Up+LP+MP+HP+LK while your match loads. If you mean the image, I'm not sure if there are any png images for the secret code variants.

Blu(e)

I believe the Halloween, Winter, and CPT 2016 packs are the only DLC currently unavailable. I wouldn't be surprised if the holiday stuff comes back. I don't think the CPT 2016 stuff is ever coming back, unless CPT 2018 is a big bundle with all three season's worth of CPT DLC.

So far I believe

CPT2016 Stage and Formal Wear costumes Ring of Destiny, Costumes for Cammy, Chun-Li and Necalli.

Halloween Costumes and spooky stage 2016 Costumes for Cammy, Necalli, Nash, Juri, Alex, Ryu

Holiday Costumes, Christmas stage 2016, Costumes, for R Mika, Karin, Laura, Ken, Zangief

CPT2017 Ring of Pride Sate, Costumes for Ken, Ryu and Guile.

as far as bringing them back, not a clue...maybe you'll see the past halloween and holiday ones on sale in a bundle during october and december....but so far the CPT stuff has been clearly exclusive.

Excluding the holiday stages, these were all premium items correct? Meaning you could only get them by buying them with real money?

Maligna

Banned
The costume code removes the jacket and brings it back to her SF4 look, which should have been the default look to begin with. Knowing Capcom, it was a mistake to set it as default and they didn't have enough time to change it before launch, LOL

Great. Thanks very much.

Tyaren

1tTs8oU.png

So did they actually fix Ken's face in general or is it just with this costume or does it just look as if because of flattering lighting here?

Blueblur1

So did they actually fix Ken's face in general or is it just with this costume or does it just look as if because of flattering lighting here?

It's the lightning and custom rigging that is why his face looks fine here. The model of his face is fine. It's the awful way it's rigged and lit in the character select screen (along with yellow teeth) that makes him look horrible.

Nephtes

See discusion towards bottom of previous page.
His face looks fine there and elsewhere, but not on the character select screen.

Tyaren

It's the lightning and custom rigging that is why his face looks fine here. The model of his face is fine. It's the awful way it's rigged and lit in the character select screen (along with yellow teeth) that makes him look horrible.

Thanks, that's what I thought. In 95% of all cases it is just the lighting that makes a face look different, when people on the internet claim a face was remodelled.
It's all about the lighting.

YMUCIoD.gif

Its the same face for the millionth time.

Thank you for the millionth time then. :)

Excluding the holiday stages, these were all premium items correct? Meaning you could only get them by buying them with real money?

Yeah except for the stages those are all real money. The only costumes that you could get with FM are the Story costumes which each character has one. There were bundles for the CPT and Holiday ones though.

kikiribu

Ucchedavāda;244586031 said:
While the screen is flashing white, after the VS screen, or just after the re-match menu goes away, you press and hold LK+LP+MP+HP + Up.
You could start holding it at any point after you've selected your character, as long as it's before the match starts.

Maligna

Banned
Ucchedavāda;244586031 said:
While the screen is flashing white, after the VS screen, or just after the re-match menu goes away, you press and hold LK+LP+MP+HP + Up.

Thanks very much.

UncleMeat

I'm really tempted to get that new CPT stage, it looks a lot cooler than last years.

Abilgail is awesome too, had some interesting matches against him so far.

DunpealD

Bryan Fury?

The costume was designed by CPT 2016 Winner NuckleDu.
My guess is that this bandana version is a tribute to ISDD, because he made him interested in Guile again.

For those who don't know ISDD(Imstilldadaddy) is a Guile main who streams and frequently puts on that kind of bandana. Unlike others, he stuck to Guile from the very beginning.
I guess one might call it respect under Guile players.

Ring of Pride (CPT Premium stage $9.99 Non-purchasable with FM)

Are they really charging 10 bucks for a stage?
Portion of the money goes towards the CPT.

But if you don't care about that, then yes they are charging you 10$ for a stage, and 25$ for a stage, 3 costumes, titles and colours.

image.php

Neoxon

Ring of Pride (CPT Premium stage $9.99 Non-purchasable with FM)

Are they really charging 10 bucks for a stage?
It's not the norm. 80% of the proceeds of it & the CPT 2017 Premier Pack go towards funding various aspects of the Capcom Pro Tour (50% towards production, 30% towards the Capcom Cup prize pool), just like it was last year. For pretty much every other non-CPT stage, it's 40k FM for variants of existing stages & 70k FM for brand-new stages.

It's not the norm. 80% of the proceeds of it & the CPT 2017 Premier Pack go towards funding various aspects of the Capcom Pro Tour (50% towards production, 30% towards the Capcom Cup prize pool), just like it was last year. For pretty much every other non-CPT stage, it's 40k FM for variants of existing stages & 70k FM for brand-new stages.

It's part of the esports pack to fund the prize pool for Capcom Cup

Portion of the money goes towards the CPT.

But if you don't care about that, then yes they are charging you 10$ for a stage, and 25$ for a stage, 3 costumes, titles and colours.

Yup, it added like $92k to the prize pool. I support it since so much goes to the players and the Tour in General.

LoveCake

It is, in order to compensate for the possibility of people buying a lot of it with fight money.

This content plan makes me doubtful that there will ever be a disc/digital bundle that includes ALL the content for the game at a normal price point. Even if they do a big relaunch with "Super" SFV, I don't see how they could include all these 4 dollar outfits and stages without massively damaging their primary revenue stream.

People who are waiting to get literally everything in a single package (like USF4 on PS4, for example) might be waiting until the game is at the end of its life.

I bought mainly the characters. For costumes I can look for mods.

I do like playing SFV but I am just not very good so I don't play it often and I have on occasion played online but I don't last very long, I am playing through the story mode that was released and am enjoying playing the other characters, I know the game was not full price on release but the character packs total £50 and then more for the stages, it wouldn't be so bad if there was a sale or something.

joe2187

Banned
I do like playing SFV but I am just not very good so I don't play it often and I have on occasion played online but I don't last very long, I am playing through the story mode that was released and am enjoying playing the other characters, I know the game was not full price on release but the character packs total £50 and then more for the stages, it wouldn't be so bad if there was a sale or something.

Season 1 pass went on sale for $9.99 twice this year. So chances are a Season 2 pass sale will happen once all chars for season 2 have been released for a while.

It goes on sale all the time actually. The base game, the dlc passes.

nikos

I've purchased so much content, including timed exclusives, on PS4 but have since switched to the PC version.

Wish I could transfer it over, even as a one time thing.

Top Bottom