• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV's Urien coming 9.23 with dailies and some stage transitions

FSLink

Banned

KingBroly

Banned
I don't want to defend Capcom, but they only did this shit because people got greedy with hacking and stealing premium costumes from the servers. It's bad enough on PC but it extended to PS4 with the help of PC.

People took money from Capcom (Sony and Valve), so obviously Capcom was going to come on in hard.

You are not liable for the faults of others, but this blanket solution is the only thing Capcom can do about their crappy security problems or the greed of cheaters.

I don't think preventing people from streaming the PC version because the game requires you to run the game in Admin Mode is the right thing to do.

I don't think going after Costume Mods (which they have done and continue to do, btw) is the right thing to do.

If they want to go after people who used Juri and Urien online before they were widely available, that should be really easy since the game saves every replay of every game. Pull Replay Data involving Online Matches involving those characters, boom, done, ban them. Now they will have a hard time doing it for PS4 owners who hacked colors/costumes since even Official, Streamed Tournaments did that. The whole situation just comes back to Capcom making it ridiculous for that stuff to be unlocked.

What's also going on with the PC version is that it's simply not up to snuff. No keyboard bindings, no native d-input support for PS4 controllers/sticks, the Linux version, which has joined Pantha Rhei and Deep Down in some abyss somewhere. Then you can't even buy the entire CPT bundle. Individual stuff only, and you're paying more; Capcom did address this BUT DID SO ON THE PLAYSTATION BLOG, NOT THEIR MAIN BLOG. Capcom's attitude and communication on the game continues to be atrocious. It gets on peoples' nerves that you have all this shit that people expect not only when it comes to fighting games, but PC games in general, not available with no answer in sight or even acknowledgement that it's a problem.

//ARCANUM

What's even funnier is if you go back in their post history you can see this person really believes it since 20 days ago they used "I'm" in a sentence with a lowercase "i" lol

lololol how does this happen to people? Even when everyone is showing them they're incorrect, how can they refuse to believe?

Raitaro

After using phone tethering again to be able to DL this latest update (PLS FIX that in-game update router problem Capcom!), and checking the new Versus options, I'm quite disappointed to see that they still didn't add the option to do Cpu vs Cpu.

Now I know that not many appreciate having that option, but it has been a feature in pretty much all SF home releases (at least in 3 and 4) and I personally do enjoy watching the cpu battle it out while enjoying the stages and animations. A shame they couldn't have added that one additional menu option below Cpu vs Player 1, which is literally all it would take to include it...

As for the rest: I'm quite happy with what they've added (even if some missions are a bit silly in their easiness when all you have to do is click on Karin's epilogue to rake in both the "play story mode" and the Sakura mission - I'll happily take that easy FM though).

Edit: the new menu you get before entering Versus mode proper is quite the makeshift solution as well. Why didn't they keep the original menu and just allow you to freely select cpu or player for both the left and right slot? That's how SFIV did it if I remember correctly.

El Sabroso

PC version
- Bought Urien, and he doesn't show up.
- Game started with a bunch of "SYS_ID" text boxes
- Can't stream it anymore

:|

consider yourself fortunate, i get this instead:

wu7DeUN.jpg

this fucking driver is a mess, not even crashing after loading something, that driver crashes itself, is so annoying

MrCarter

I don't think preventing people from streaming the PC version because the game requires you to run the game in Admin Mode is the right thing to do.

I don't think going after Costume Mods (which they have done and continue to do, btw) is the right thing to do.

If they want to go after people who used Juri and Urien online before they were widely available, that should be really easy since the game saves every replay of every game. Pull Replay Data involving Online Matches involving those characters, boom, done, ban them. Now they will have a hard time doing it for PS4 owners who hacked colors/costumes since even Official, Streamed Tournaments did that. The whole situation just comes back to Capcom making it ridiculous for that stuff to be unlocked.

What's also going on with the PC version is that it's simply not up to snuff. No keyboard bindings, no native d-input support for PS4 controllers/sticks, the Linux version, which has joined Pantha Rhei and Deep Down in some abyss somewhere. Then you can't even buy the entire CPT bundle. Individual stuff only, and you're paying more; Capcom did address this BUT DID SO ON THE PLAYSTATION BLOG, NOT THEIR MAIN BLOG. Capcom's attitude and communication on the game continues to be atrocious. It gets on peoples' nerves that you have all this shit that people expect not only when it comes to fighting games, but PC games in general, not available with no answer in sight or even acknowledgement that it's a problem.

Oh well PC can suck it up because they get mods and people on the system are the ones that started theiving in the first place which made Capcom take action. Blame them, not Capcom, Sony or Valve. As for commmunication, if you see the twitter links a few posts ago you will see they know of the issue and are trying to fix the it.

This isn't DRM. Capcom installing a .sys driver to your system32 folder to gain kernel level privileges is rootkit territory. I've put up with a lot of shit with this release but this is the final straw for me. I'm really pissed off at this move.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh well PC can suck it up because they get mods and people on the system are the ones that started theiving in the first place which made Capcom take action. Blame them, not Capcom, Sony or Valve. As for commmunication, if you see the twitter links a few posts ago you will see they know of the issue and are trying to fix the it.
Not true at all, the "stealing" happened very early on, even with tournament organisers, on consoles.

And there are so many games now, especially on PC, that have some form of ingame currency and purchasable items without any of these problems or these weird solutions (admin mode, driver) Capcom came up with. They need to hire some PC devs or something, because this is super unusual and it's obviously causing problems because of it.

KingBroly

Banned

Dude, you defend Capcom at every single point on this game. Seriously. You defended Survival Mode, ffs. SURVIVAL MODE. No one outside of Capcom defends that trashpile of a mode, except for you. You constantly blame consumers for Capcom's shortcomings, not them, PC owners, specifically. PS4 owners were caught stealing stuff too, bud. Tournament Consoles had Colors and Costumes on them because of exploits. THIS WAS NOT A PC ONLY PROBLEM. THIS IS A CAPCOM IS TERRIBLE AT THEIR JOB PROBLEM. It's not a secret.

Radau

Neo Member
if you can't stream via OBS, try to select anti-cheat comp. mode. (right click the game layer > settings)

MrCarter

Not true at all, the "stealing" happened very early on, even with tournament organisers, on consoles.

And there are so many games now, especially on PC, that have some form of ingame currency and purchasable items without any of these problems or these weird solutions (admin mode, driver) Capcom came up with. They need to hire some PC devs or something, because this is super unusual and it's obviously causing problems because of it.

But is was "stealing" as much as we want to hide that fact and it originated from PC. It's just now it's come back to bite them in the ass due to the minority ruining it for the majority. Anyway, I thought they were looking into it though going by what hey said on Twitter?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Where do you get that "originated from" part from? The oldest known case of abusing that (again, really really stupid) item implementation I know of was a tournament on console.
Of course that's getting abused at some point, though. If you make it so easy to even get real money items because you can't build a safe delivery system, people will abuse it.

And yes, they better look into it, because it's fucked up the whole game for some people.

MrCarter

Dude, you defend Capcom at every single point on this game. Seriously. You defended Survival Mode, ffs. SURVIVAL MODE. No one outside of Capcom defends that trashpile of a mode, except for you. You constantly blame consumers for Capcom's shortcomings, not them, PC owners, specifically. PS4 owners were caught stealing stuff too, bud. Tournament Consoles had Colors and Costumes on them because of exploits. THIS WAS NOT A PC ONLY PROBLEM. THIS IS A CAPCOM IS TERRIBLE AT THEIR JOB PROBLEM. It's not a secret.

First of all I know you are taking out of your ass as I wasn't happy with survival either as I always wanted them to implement only 10 stages with each difficulty and I was very vocal about it. So yeah...stop projecting. Secondly, most of the "hacks" in the game have come from PC so let's not defend them when they were clearly caught with their pants down. It's just now they are being salty about it when they can't even hold that L. It seems a fix for those that have issues (i.e not everyone) is coming so be patient.

Maztorre

First of all I know you are taking out of your ass as I wasn't happy with survival either as I always wanted them to implement only 10 stages with each difficulty and I was very vocal about it. So yeah...stop projecting. Secondly, most of the "hacks" in the game have come from PC so let's not defend them when they were clearly caught with their pants down. It's just now they are being salty about it when they can't even hold that L. It seems a fix for those that have issues (i.e not everyone) is coming so be patient.

Do you believe in collective punishment? Unless you can prove that every PC player has hacked the game and therefore deserves to have a buggy driver installed with this update, of course.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Question about the PC version of SFV on Steam. Im not sure if its the Win 10 crappy update but when I launch SFV, I get a prompt to install it when the game is already installed.

Is this how they're handling the lastest update to SFV or did something weird happen to my PC?

KingBroly

Banned

I'm sorry, but no. They've had 7 months to fix this game's shit and haven't. They don't deserve patience.

Maztorre

Question about the PC version of SFV on Steam. Im not sure if its the Win 10 crappy update but when I launch SFV, I get a prompt to install it when the game is already installed.

Is this how they're handling the lastest update to SFV or did something weird happen to my PC?

Sounds like that's just the administrator prompt to run the latest driver that disables certain hacks, you can just click yes and it should launch.

MrCarter

I'm sorry, but no. They've had 7 months to fix this game's shit and haven't. They don't deserve patience.

Oh well. Can't be helped I suppose. You've complained and moaned about the game since it's launch and even even if it was the perfect game you still would. They've said a fix is coming, don't want to wait? Go play something else.

MrCarter

Do you believe in collective punishment? Unless you can prove that every PC player has hacked the game and therefore deserves to have a buggy driver installed with this update, of course.

No of course not, but in order to stop this sort of thing unfortunately some (I don't think it's every PC user) were affected due to the small group people that did the hacking.

Dude, I'm all for opinions but literally since launch, all you've done is complain constantly in SFV threads. You even went into that thread about biggest disappointment of the year and named SFV as yours. Yes, we get it, you do not like this game, Capcom need to sort their shit out - why are you here? lol I just don't understand.

KingBroly

Banned
Dude, I'm all for opinions but literally since launch, all you've done is complain constantly in SFV threads. You even went into that thread about biggest disappointment of the year and named SFV as yours. Yes, we get it, you do not like this game, Capcom need to sort their shit out - why are you here? lol I just don't understand.

Every update I have a bit of cautious optimism that it'll turn around and it doesn't. I loved SF4 to death and that's why I cling to some bit of hope that it could happen.

MrCarter

Every update I have a bit of cautious optimism that it'll turn around and it doesn't. I loved SF4 to death and that's why I cling to some bit of hope that it could happen.

Wait you loved SF4? Says it all really. Joking aside, SF4 had issues too, especially when it came to balancing, so it did not come out as perfectly as you thought. They've implemented a TON of features that people have cried about since launch so it's not like they haven't tried to turn things around.

Syntsui

Whoa there, things got really heated up here. It's been I while since I played SFV and now with the dailies I plan to come back.

What's up with this PS4 costume stealing talk?

MrCarter

Whoa there, things got really heated up here. It's been I while since I played SFV and now with the dailies I plan to come back.

What's up with this PS4 costume stealing talk?

Certain users on PC (and some on PS4) hacked the game for costumes, characters and fight money and now Capcom put in anti-crack software to prevent that. However, since last night some users have experienced issues on Windows drivers which has caused problems to launch the game which Capcom are looking into.

vg260

This isn't DRM. Capcom installing a .sys driver to your system32 folder to gain kernel level privileges is rootkit territory. I've put up with a lot of shit with this release but this is the final straw for me. I'm really pissed off at this move.

Are there any other games that do this? This seems quite unusual. How do other games deal with similar issues? Can't they just use VAC without having to install some sort of sys drivers, which seems intrusive?

J 0 E

I have 75000 FM (finished the story mode on hard and got 50000 O_O) + all daily missions

25000 FM remaining for Urien, any fast way to earn it?

I have 75000 FM (finished the story mode on hard and got 50000 O_O) + all daily missions

25000 FM remaining for Urien, any fast way to earn it?
Do characters easy survival
Do characters normal survival
Do all trials and demos
Do all challenges

None of it is particularly quick tho

LakeEarth

Easy survival for ~5 characters should do it, especially if you've never picked them before. The level ups give you more than survival mode does.

At the expense of being kinda annoying to your forum peers, but hey, vent away I guess.

I couldn't stand SF4 myself, much more broken characters, cheesy offense from certain characters designed to confuse you like Viper, Ibuki, or elf fuete. One frame links, meh, you had to beat/master the system mechanics while playing your opponent. I think gameplay SF5 is miles ahead, just needs more stuff added to it, which slowly is exactly what's happening.

Why don't you take an actual break from the game and not check back as often.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
this fucking driver is a mess

Not to mention it's possibly unsafe and nearly malware. Capcom recommending you turn off your anti-virus for something that wants to touch the OS Kernel is laugh out loud and instantly uninstalling-worthy.

Bull. You literally post about the most inane things grasping at straws every time. Just recently you claimed Capcom wasn't gonna support the game another year when it's always been confirmed. You just don't like the game dude.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I haven't played this game for weeks but I come back today and I finally see that they've added verse CPU. It's about damn time and now I might actually play this game a lot more

I'd much rather prefer you go play something - anything - else at this point. Especially as I'm someone who genuinely has liked each update these last 7 months and felt the level of support provided has only gotten better. You haven't liked this game since day 1; do everyone and yourself a favor and let it go.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Every update has either improved the game or added content, you have to give that to Capcom atleast.

If not a single one has done anything for you by now...you should maybe find another game.

KingBroly, just play another game. You have made it clear time and time again in almost every fucking thread that you don't like this game. Whether its legitimate or not, you're always trying to complain about something. Its been 7 months. I think you should just go play something that you actually enjoy.

Bull. You literally post about the most inane things grasping at straws every time. Just recently you claimed Capcom wasn't gonna support the game another year when it's always been confirmed. You just don't like the game dude.

This is the type of stuff.

Top Bottom