• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of Destiny

sonarrat said:
I see this game used pretty frequently, and it's always cheap. Now that I know what it is, I'll definitely check it out.

yeah man, my store always has it, and I always recommend it to people that are on a budget. seriously, one of the best games on ps2.

and yeah, i remember making this thread over a year ago, and thought this was a new thread.

teiresias

My local Wal-Mart still has like three new copies of this game. I'd pick them up, but they're selling it for $49.99, definately not a price to pay for first year software.

Tarazet

teiresias said:
My local Wal-Mart still has like three new copies of this game. I'd pick them up, but they're selling it for $49.99, definately not a price to pay for first year software.

$69.90 on Amazon.

I was beyond ecstatic when I found a new copy for $20 in Jersey a few months back. Well worth the price too.

I should check to see if any others are left, for maybe a friend...

Then again, I did advise the kid behind the counter to grab it since A) its a great game and B) its fetches quite a bit on eBay.

S-Wind

I really enjoyed playing that game!

I got all the endings and 100% on all the levels.

It's been so long that my memory is somewhat fuzzy, but I couldn't have sworn 2 of the endings contradicted each other.....

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
It's an awesome game as long as you can accept the gameplay basically taking a backseat for story. I loved the story, as I have a big interest in the whole concept of time travelling.

This, Aladdin on SNES, and Pokemon Snap are the only games I've finished on a rental. I'd love to play it again but I'm not willing to spend more than a few bucks on it really.

Havoc

Banned
How is this a non-game? It's an old-school adventure pretty much. If it had fight scenes would it be a 'game' then?

Heh, I was in like 6th grade when that shit first came out, and after i beat it, i saw a listing somewhere for "Shadow of Memories", and I remember going to eb EVERY ****ing day and asking if i could reserve it.
I'm pretty sure that it turned out just being the alternate name for the PAL release or some shit :lol

Tarazet

bjork said:
Jesus christ! Glad I got mine back when it was new.

You can buy a used copy for a realistic price.. it's just factory-sealed copies that are hard to come by. That's what happens with wonderful launch titles that get good word-of-mouth but never sell millions.

Oneself

Ordered one 2 days ago (damn you GAF!) like new for 17$ CND. Never played it before, I was too busy playing SSX, Timesplitters and Tekken Tag back then :lol

S-Wind

I didn't know that Shadow of Memories got ported to the Xbox.

Are there nay differences between the Xbox version and the ps2 version? Like graphical differences?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This game rocks.

938146l4.jpg

Look at his legs :lol

Raven.

Banned
This game is easily in my top 10 of this gen, one of the best games evah!!!

PS
Crazymoogle said:
(Spoiler tag only because of the game this thread is for, otherwise this is just relatively common knowledge)
The Stone is a popular literary device - even a Harry Potter book name mentions it - because it's thought to be a rather miraculous historical object that isn't necessarily a killing device, but can sidestep an awful lot of science with very little explanation (even if it isn't real).
It's quite real, if you ask me:D though I use another name for it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
It's kinda..weird, but I'll give it more of a chance.
The voice acting makes my asshair stand up though.

I call it divine providence that I see this thread at the top when I login.

Just started playing this yesterday. Controlling scheme is workable, story very engaging.

When all of a sudden this happens when I picked up the egg item in Chapter 4:

Now loading....

....(5 minutes later)

****ing Gamestop. Can you stop taking sellbacks from kids who chew on them more than the paste eaters in kindergarten??!?!

If I only knew about this game when it came out...

DCX

DCX
tsp_gatmog said:
Please, someone tell me that you've played this game.
I loved this game! Kinda like an interactive versions of the movie The Time Machine. Great game, love the concept.

DCX

Top Bottom