• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider RTX and DLSS Patch Finally Out

ethomaz

Banned
[19-03-2019] PC Patch Notes for patch 1.0.280 (Patch #13)
We have just released the thirteenth PC patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.280. This patch focuses primarily on the release for the Nvidia’s Ray-Traced Shadows and DLSS.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

New features included in this patch:
  • Nvidia’s Ray-Traced Shadows
  • Support for DLSS.
The following requirements must be met to be able to run Ray-Traced Shadows or DLSS:
  • Window 10 update 1809 or higher
  • Nvidia’s RTX 20- series GPU
  • Nvidia’s latest drivers 419.35 and up.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version, we have made a Beta available on Steam, Build 279, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/3362406825550848019/

Valonquar

AppropriateRingedBasilisk-size_restricted.gif

Shai-Tan

Banned
I'd like to see videos comparing RTX ultra to RTX high because ultra runs terrible even with dlss on a 2080 ti

Shin

Banned
Everything is beautiful except Lara...
Just this trailer alone reminds me of how weird she looks compared to the previous entries.
That distracted me from whatever impressiveness RT brought to the table.

Shai-Tan

Banned
This is a step up from the VXAO in the previous game but the performance fluctuates so much it ends up feeling super choppy. I'll be walking along at 60 and suddenly it's 30 or less because of some light source/whatever.

edit: in ultra

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
RTX for shadows, no appreciable difference tbh.......So many people lower shadow quality to get better performance in their games...RTX is just going to butcher the framerate even more......

Allandor

Well, to late. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is even Gamepass, so nobody is buying it anymore.
really subtile changes. The game already looked great (IMHO). Well at least we now have another RTX enabled game (that makes …. 3), if this list isn't growing much faster soon, RTX is official dead.
At least we can now see if DLSS brings something to the table (so far it wasn't really promising).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
jeez lmao this isn't them trying to sell the game to you all. they made their money and are just supporting the game.

if you're not interested then why are you even here except to piss and moan.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Good video. Matches my experience. The way it performs in ultra and makes it a trade-off between native 4k and dlss puts it into tech demo status. Maybe next gen. He didn't even go into the brutal frame rate fluctuations. I almost want to play in 30fps half rate vsync despite it having high frame rate outside of the rt heavy areas

Top Bottom