• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

KuroNeeko

Pretty new to the game, but I've been enjoying what I'm playing. How many decks do people bother to build. I've built a Runecraft deck I like and I'm semi-happy with my Swordcraft deck.

I read some tutorial/newbie pages that suggested dumping all gold/legendaries for decks you're not using, but that seemed too short-sighted to do for me.

Only been using my vials to flesh out either of two aforementioned decks.

To be honest, if you're not planning on spending any (or very little) money on the game, I would try to identify which classes you like and those you don't.

When I first started, I knew right off the bat that I hated Royal, but liked Vampire / Bishop. I didn't think I would like Dragon, so I vialed all of my Royal and Dragon cards, leaving only my animated cards.

I don't regret vialing my Otomehime, Albert x 2, Alexander, or pretty much anyone else. I kind of want to play frog, or a janky stealth deck one day, but I think it was worth it.

I do sort of regret vialing my Dragon cards--namely a Forte, Fafnir, and the 8 PP lady that makes dragons, as I've started playing it recently and really like it.

On one hand, I think it's a great idea to junk cards you're not going to use, but on the other hand, you may find that you like something more than you thought you would. I've been enjoying Dragon and D-Shift (lawd) this expansion and I HATED D-Shift the first three sets.

Speaking of D-Shift, my initial assessment may have been premature. I lost most of my progress to A3, but have sort of stabilized now at about a 50% win rate. I'm not sure how much of that is the decrease in Necro which, along with Aggro Blood and Face / Storm Dragon, seems to be the biggest bane of this list, but it's...fun....for me. lol

I absolutely love Freshman Lou...her voice is so cute!
遅刻はいやだぁ~!

Armaros

D-Shift gained a bunch of spell tutors with the expansion, I've seen some decks even drop off merlin for the expansion stuff.

Also ginger to fill your board even if you dont have spell boosted destroyers ready which means you can actually play other followers for your D-shift kill.

Szadek

Unless you want to rank up asap, I would keep all the good legendaries and goldens.
Otherwise you might regret it later.

Omg vialing 2 Alberts, I can't breathe. Zirnitra and Fafnir suck anyway though, I want to play Dragon and I vialed all of them.

The vialing all class cards thing is only for people that want to play specific expensive decks immediately, if you don't want to rule out any classes don't do that. What I do recommend is vialing legendaries that are not good and will not see play, you won't be in a position to play meme decks anytime soon anyway.

Armaros

Speaking of Memes, Elta + Atomy work together.

Evolved Elta disables Atomy's kill your own board fanfare but since the discount works in your hand, you can still play him for free.

Also the Frozen Mammoth amulet works off of his 8 normal cost, even if you play him for free.

Aggro Shadow is so rampant around the late AA3 rank, with a few midrange Eachtar/Immortal Thane mixed in. Last 10 matches have been 6 aggro shadow, 2 midrange shadow, and 2 ramp dragons lol. Really wish I had a Haven deck other than storm to really punish these guys. Don't have any aegis's and only one seraph though. Maybe I'll craft something

Szadek

just to made sure fairry princess and otohime is fucking sucks right?
Princess sucks, she is only good for rose queen, but white wolf + silver bullet is a much better wincon.
Otohime currently doesn't get played, but is a decent card and might make a comeback.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
RNmVS9C.jpg

The final match was epic

Szadek

Got a bit bored of Midrange shadow and switched to White Wolf Forestcraft.
Since there are a ton of Dragon and Heaven around so it's pretty good here.

Shadow is a problem,though.Doesn't help that the deck isn't easy to play.

Crystalia Lily, Elf Queen and Crystalia Aerin are very good in the deck.
Jungle Warden is rather disappointing, but still good.

my current storm dragon cost like half of that lul

that deck cant be real btw, no blast wtf dud

There's nothing to blast in the meta, Nep shadow and Seraph aren't being played(purely because blast exists) and 10pp blast is too slow vs aggro shadow, so there's just nothing blast does that breath of salamander doesn't do better.

fertygo

There's nothing to blast in the meta, Nep shadow and Seraph aren't being played(purely because blast exists) and 10pp blast is too slow vs aggro shadow, so there's just nothing blast does that breath of salamander doesn't do better.

mirror?

I don't know, having salamander as only removal feel not easy especially with blast being so good

Kumubou

Speaking about Dragon - they are getting close to 70k vials now

which is getting bit crazy - i'm getting woried about new player experience if this stays top tier for next expansion
This deck strikes me as hyper-greedy and would probably get bodied by Aggro Shadow decks (even worse than where even Dragon decks that at least pretend to do something other than hard ramp early on have problems) and may not even break even against other aggro decks (as this also seems like a deck that has a decent chance of bricking early on).

For someone competing in ranked, I don't even know why you would bother spending that much when you could field a aggro Shadow deck that performs better at somewhere between 1/3rd to 1/5th the cost. Such is the cost of sending most deck types into Bolivian.

JohnCYQ

This deck strikes me as hyper-greedy and would probably get bodied by Aggro Shadow decks (even worse than where even Dragon decks that at least pretend to do something other than hard ramp early on have problems) and may not even break even against other aggro decks (as this also seems like a deck that has a decent chance of bricking early on).

For someone competing in ranked, I don't even know why you would bother spending that much when you could field a aggro Shadow deck that performs better at somewhere between 1/3rd to 1/5th the cost. Such is the cost of sending most deck types into Bolivian.

Triple Grimnir, Rehab, Sibyl along with Salamander stops quite a lot. The problem comes when you brick, of course.

Armaros

Triple Grimnir, Rehab, Sibyl along with Salamander stops quite a lot. The problem comes when you brick, of course.

You just have to take care with your evolves, the savy aggro shadow players will tech little soulsnatcher for key and obvious evolve turns and then smash your face.

fertygo

what the point making card like Vagabond Frog?

its so unfun to play against

Jebus, I always want to smash door after play against that deck

edit: face that deck again, I'll just concede turn 2, fuck that

Luigi87

My hardest brick, lol

Draw Zell, Draw Bahamut, Draw Zell, Draw Bahamut, Draw Zell

Yes, I would LOVE to play those two, but not at the game's start!
... I actually still won in the end after dropping to 2HP... Dragon outhealing Haven. Drew three Sahas and managed to pull two Israfils.

what the point making card like Vagabond Frog?

its so unfun to play against

Jebus, I always want to smash door after play against that deck

edit: face that deck again, I'll just concede turn 2, fuck that

Wow I just lost to one. I couldn't respond to it at all and it just kept getting stronger.

Finally got to master rank, using a test of strength Aegis Haven deck. My final trial match was against aggro shadow, and after I answered his first 3 turns he just forfeited lol.

Now I can play meme decks on ranked without worry. Think I'll first try frog sword and disco dragon lol.

Szadek

Finally got to master rank, using a test of strength Aegis Haven deck. My final trial match was against aggro shadow, and after I answered his first 3 turns he just forfeited lol.

Now I can play meme decks on ranked without worry. Think I'll first try frog sword and disco dragon lol.
Well done. I'm still at AA1, but I will get there eventually.
I finally joined the dark side

by crafting two Sybils and putting together Storm ramp deck ;)
I don't mind
since dragons are a good target for my silver bolts.

Luigi87

Franky, I would much rather play people much higher rank than me. The difference in points won/lost is worth the small (if any) difference in skill.

Hm, true +150/-70 is definitely nicer than +/-100
Of course the only ones I'm facing that are AA0 are Storm Ramp, and Aggro Shadow, lol

fertygo

Give in and craft myself an Aggro Shadow deck

So after 1 and half month playing

I manage to make

40k vial midsword deck
45k vial storm dragon deck
15k vial rune daria deck (I know daria is garbo now but still decent to clear daily)
Functional Storm Haven deck
and now an 20k+ vial Shadow deck

Now I only don't have meta deck for forest and blood, for blood I at least can play aggro that can steal win for daily, but forest still story mode struggle deck

Edit : fuck me this shadow deck is boring af for me, kinda regret spending vial for this.. oh well at least I cover all daily mission spread with this

Hm, true +150/-70 is definitely nicer than +/-100
Of course the only ones I'm facing that are AA0 are Storm Ramp, and Aggro Shadow, lol

I faced lots of discard dragon today for some reason, and a couple seraph decks, which i thought would be dead since dragon got that banish spells >.<

Luigi87

Only thing worse than bricking, is bricking in a mirror match in particular, where your opponent has seemingly god draws.

Edit: lmao, just beat a Hulking Giant deck

We kept passing. I didn't have anything to really play early on, and I wasn't sure what was going on with the Rune player as I knew it wasn't D.Shift.
T6 Hulking Giant drops and becomes 14/14.
T7 I drop Saha/Baha, evolve Baha and kill HG, and my opponent surrendered.

https://youtu.be/PMFzta8h-mk

Edit 2:
Omg, I was playing everything well against a D.Shift, when suddenly... They played Scrap Iron Smelter, Kaledescope'd it, then did another... What the hell D.Shift has that card @_@

Luigi87

lmao

So my opponent conceded thinking I had the win, when in actuality I messed up and didn't have lethal at all.

I already did a Saha/Baha/Zell combo to get them down (they had a lone Test of Strength on the board). Then they expectedly dropped Aegis. I used Grimnir to cut 4HP off their face (its enhance ability ignores ToS). This brought them down to 3HP. All I needed was Forte.

Well they played Curate and healed from 5 to 8, so Forte was out. I top decked a second Saha, I still had another Zell and Baha in my hand, so I immediately played them. My opponent then surrendered.

Of course if you are paying attention you know exactly why I screwed up here... Curate is 5/5, and evo'ing Zell to give Bahamut Storm wouldn't work, since Zell only goes 4/4, and with both Curate and Aegis on the field, Baha still would only have Rush... Fortunately my opponent didn't think their concede through.

Luigi87

Just played vs. Sword.
I let my opponent get me to less than 10HP, T9 with an Evo.
The moment s/he played Albert I knew I deserved the loss, because had I been thinking and not gotten cocky, I had various methods of preventing my opponent from having lethal with him, lol

Edit: I just opened my third Grimnir... The sad thing is I crafted 3 of him before I even unpacked one, and now... well

He is one of prime candidates for nerf so you might be rich soon :)

Ehh I think this meta is one of the most boring we ever had. I hope we don't need to wait another month for Cygames to take some action.

Luigi87

He is one of prime candidates for nerf so you might be rich soon :)

Ehh I think this meta is one of the most boring we ever had. I hope we don't need to wait another month for Cygames to take some action.

Yeah I've not liquefied anything in a while and even starred him because he seemed likely.
If they do nerf him I wonder how it would be. Even at 2pp he's still 2/3 which is fantastic by card. At 10pp the 4 damage is incredibly strong (and ignores Test of Strength).

Top Bottom