• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero Slated for "Holiday 2015" Release

balohna

The latest one, Pirate's Curse, is really good and criminally underrated. It's on PC, 3DS and Wii U and I highly suggest checking it out.

I know the GBC one has a cult following, and the consensus on Risky's Revenge is that it's just okay.

Uh... generally very well regarded and has 75-85 metascore depending on the platform.

Anyway, I found a few puzzles in Pirate's Curse to be painfully obtuse, but it was for optional stuff. Beyond that the gameplay is great and the story/characters are charming. If you're bothered by casual titty action (basically "cute sexiness", nothing explicit) then stay away, otherwise check it out.

The GBC game is dated these days but still fun.

Javier

Risky's Revenge is okay, but it suffers from being one of those games where you can wander around for long times before figuring out where to go next, and there's a lot of revisiting and backtracking involved.

Pirate's Curse solves all of this by going from one huge map to several small maps, making the game a lot more streamlined since you can choose which area to go through a simple menu. There's still fetch quests and a lot of revisiting areas, but the game keeps track of how many Heart Squids (this game's equivalent of Zelda's Piece of Heart) and Cacklebats (required for 100% completion) you've found in each area, so you know where to backtrack.

gunstarhero

Pirates Curse is still in my top 3 best games played this year - absolutely loved it.

Can't wait for this - wouldn't mind seeing it drop on Xmas day like PC did last year.

Top Bottom