• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Share some good music from your country that not so popular in the world

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I want to share a concert clip of a song called "Unspoken" from the group called Pentagram/Mezarkabul. Pentagram formed in 1986 and they are very big and popular in Turkey. I hope you like it. I would like to listen to your country's good music that not so popular in the world too.

So here it is;

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The Tea Party was pretty big in Canada in the 90s.

Every bit as good as Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains etc..., but weren't able to break into America.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Brasileiro? Nordeste?

Laughed my ass off at the "Doomer Nordestino Mix-tape".
Before this reply, i asked google to find out which country the "Doomer Nordestino" group belongs to :messenger_tears_of_joy: I was already suspicious of that sad thumbnail so after some searching i found out what the doomer means :messenger_tears_of_joy:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Throwing something in from the Balkans.

Frenkie, Kontra- Hip Hop

Bad Copy - Hip Hop

Vojko V - Hip Hop

Bijelo Dugme - Rock

Indexi - Progressive Rock

Divlje Jagode - Rock

Dino Merlin - Probably the most famous artist to come from the Balkans.

Oliver Dragojevic - Also one of the most known artists from the Croatia/Dalmatia region.

Colonia - Dance Music

there's way more, and I'm sure I missed some good ones, so imma let my fellow Balkan gaffers contribute...if they want.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
A lot of Indian music is very famous, but posting this somewhat hidden gem because both the music and video are amazing-

Also this featuring Sting. The sitar in this song is out of this world-

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
The Streets is really good. Pretty unknown. Mike Skinner is a lyrical genius that has wrote some incredible songs. More people should be aware of him. He has a very unique style of music, each song tells a story.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Can't really beat this from Czech Republic

Here are the lyrics

I can't understand the mindset of those who make such songs and their relationship with their environment. You sit somewhere and start thinking to write a song, and then you come up with these? Then you show it to people around you, you get approval from them. You start to design the clip, look for an actress suitable for that role, you send the script to the actress and so on. An interesting process indeed. I liked his voice and style though, what a waste :messenger_smirking:

Liljagare

Proper Viking music.

Love song, about hoping that the last thing you see is the one you love. (The last one you see is me, the last one you hear is me. You are my life, if we have hours left. The last one you see is me, last one you see, is me. You are my life, if we only have hours left. The last you will see is me. The last thing you'll hear is me, and the last thing you'll see is me. You are my life, so live your last few hours with me. We used to sit in the sunshine, and the last thing that shined on us, was the sun, live with me now, it is not to late, when one of us have to go, the last thing you see is me )

It's a good bye song to your loved ones.

(You are my life, even if we have hours left, live with me then, it is not too late, even if one has to go, you are my life. even if one has to go)

Let go of the past, let go of your mistakes, song.

The Wanderer, Nordman.

The wanderer has no place to go, after he has come to the end
The moon paints all the shadows blue, he is alone, left out there
Far away from a lonely yard the warth radiates out to the night
Hunger awakes in his frozen body, which has fed on air and water

It hurts, but still he goes on, you can always turn back
It hurts, but nevertheless go on, you are here and you have come here like a wanderer

The clock rings for a lonely soul, it has borrowed its voice from Grim Reaper
Does it want good or bad, when it counts our deaths
Stop thinking, it is still difficult, you better take one day at a time
The wanderer has no place to go, if he goes with the last strike (of the clock)

refrain
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/vandraren-wanderer.html

Gone fishing, by Roxette:

And, not alot of folks know that this is from Sweden:

Leila K, is a swede:

Now that we know, Avicii, love you bud. I miss you, I love you.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I can't understand the mindset of those who make such songs and their relationship with their environment. You sit somewhere and start thinking to write a song, and then you come up with these? Then you show it to people around you, you get approval from them. You start to design the clip, look for an actress suitable for that role, you send the script to the actress and so on. An interesting process indeed. I liked his voice and style though, what a waste :messenger_smirking:
I know people who work with Martin and I even met him a few times myself, he is the most lovable guy you can think of. He was branded a terrorist by our MSM because he makes really offensive jokes on purpose to trigger people and get them out of their stupor. My favorite were his Breivik shirt "Call of Duty" and Fritzl shirt "Dungeon Keeper". If you didn't get it from the song the idea behind it is that terrible shit happens and normal people not only ignore it but encourage it, that is a common theme in his songs and works. He is also your typical counter-culture lad with one of his latest video clips "politically incorrect cunt". He is also a great filmmaker, "Party Hard" is one of the funniest and savage teen comedy ever made.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember where I first heard this but it was popular in the UK for a while. There was a genre called UK Garage in the 90's and 2000's.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I know people who work with Martin and I even met him a few times myself, he is the most lovable guy you can think of. He was branded a terrorist by our MSM because he makes really offensive jokes on purpose to trigger people and get them out of their stupor. My favorite were his Breivik shirt "Call of Duty" and Fritzl shirt "Dungeon Keeper". If you didn't get it from the song the idea behind it is that terrible shit happens and normal people not only ignore it but encourage it, that is a common theme in his songs and works. He is also your typical counter-culture lad with one of his latest video clips "politically incorrect cunt". He is also a great filmmaker, "Party Hard" is one of the funniest and savage teen comedy ever made.
Boundaries of art must be a subject that has been discussed a lot. I have no final judgments on this matter, i just find it strange sometimes.

Btw, i want to share another group, Athena, from my country, Turkey. Here it goes:

In this one, he says:" If I had a girlfriend, I would go to honeymoon. If not, it's better, i can date any girl" :messenger_grinning:

This one called "Kiss". He wants to kiss some girl who he saw for the first time, but he wants her to go easy on him.

They also participated in Eurovision and finished 4th with their song "For Real". But I don't like that song as much as these two.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what happened to this guy, but he used to be on the Radio in the UK.

eMPOK

Wow. I couldn't sit still while watching this. It's a great song!

I watched this 3 times after that to calm down lol.

This one is cool too.

SiM absolutely rocks my world. They define themselves as reggae punk, but really they cover most bases.

More blistering Jrock sorely unrecognized in the West by most.

Last edited:
Not exactly from my county but I watched a lot of Bollywood movies growing up. This is the soundtrack that made A.R Rahman (the guy who composed Slumdog millionaire) famous and basically put him on the map. To this day, the sounds in this album are breathtaking, there’s nothing like it.

My favorite (listen all the way through)

Last edited:
Top Bottom