• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Levy No Longer Directing ‘Uncharted’ Movie

EssKayZee

Shawn Levy has dropped out of directing Sony’s long-in-development Uncharted movie which has Tom Holland attached to star as a young Nathan Drake.

The Hollywood Reported revealed Levy’s exit from the film based on the highly successful video game franchise from Naughtydog as Levy shifts his attention to directing 20th Century Fox’s video game action-comedy Free Guy.

The studio will now look for a new director to take over the project.

Source: Heroic Hollywood

We have Indiana Jones and National Treasure. I don't think there's any reason for an Uncharted movie to exist. The whole point of it was that it was a "find the lost treasure of" type movie, but a video game. The recent Tomb Raider movie wasn't very good either.

DKehoe

We have Indiana Jones and National Treasure. I don't think there's any reason for an Uncharted movie to exist. The whole point of it was that it was a "find the lost treasure of" type movie, but a video game. The recent Tomb Raider movie wasn't very good either.

Yeh, I've never quite seen the point of an Uncharted film. The stuff I look for from Uncharted is to do with it being a game. The elements that would translate to a film have already been done by others. so I'm not sure what exactly the license is bringing to the table.

KRAai

Yeh, I've never quite seen the point of an Uncharted film. The stuff I look for from Uncharted is to do with it being a game. The elements that would translate to a film have already been done by others. so I'm not sure what exactly the license is bringing to the table.

sure you are right
that things that would work in uncharted movie have already been done by others
but how many pulpy lightharted fun treasure hunting movies have you seen lately ?
if done right i think there is place for uncharted movie that while not something crazy original and mindblowing
could be just fun and even maybe successful

i mean what they would need to do is nail getting characters and tone right
it is like one lesson that video games adaptations could learn from comicbook adaptations
and i have marvel specifically in mind

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Is it even necessary to do a movie based on Uncharted? Just play the fucking games and you have yourself a movie.

Top Bottom